Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2024, 03:17 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,260,275 times

Advertisements

I see no QOTD today, so if I may be so bold, here are a few.

I spent a few days in norhern Spain this week- it's a four hour drive from here in SW France. What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days? We did a road trip down the Oregon coast into Eureka, California, then back up on I5 over 4 days.

Our beautiful Ukrainian rescue dog, Lina, was so pleased to see us on our return from our short break. Do you have any pets? Not any more.

Did you watch the Oscars this last week? What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past? No, not into award shows.

Spring is doing its best to properly begin here, but it's a mixed bag of sun and rain here (maybe that is spring!). What's it doing in your neck of the woods? Beautiful sunny day, record high of 72 here in Sammamish, Washington, elevation 600’. Took my classic car for a country drive, did some yard work. Later our first BBQ of the year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2024, 03:21 PM

9,728 posts, read 14,273,043 times
What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days?

Hello From Beautiful Delaware! It's been a few years since I went away for a couple of days. We enjoyed Atlantic City, NJ - Pennsylvania Mountains - Nashvillle/Memphis, TN - Las Vegas and other states in America. We never had any desire to leave the U.S.A.

Do you have any pets? We've never had pets, just lots of farm animals on our 160 acre farm.

Did you watch the Oscars this last week? No. I don't like looking at women with gigantic breasts hanging out, scantily clad people, and lah-de-dah drug addicted Hollywood bums.

What is one of your favorite movie winners from the past? As guessed, I'm not a "movie person".

What's it doing in your neck of the woods? My landscaper is here mowing my front yard (in checkerboard fashion). It looks like a beautiful, thick green carpet. The Nitrogen plus Weed and Feed really helped. It's almost 70 degrees, bright and sunny.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY, EVERYONE!!!

Old 03-16-2024, 03:59 PM

16,674 posts, read 17,444,965 times
Hey motormaker.

San Sebastian is a lovely historic place. Here is one very impressive church, the photo of which was taken through rain.

QOTD Saturday March 16.-asb2.jpg

Old 03-16-2024, 06:27 PM

21,552 posts, read 8,733,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Bonjour from France.
Greetings from San Francisco!
Thank you for filling in.
I spent a few days in northern Spain this week- it's a four hour drive from here in SW France. What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days?
When a tree fell on our street and took out the power lines, we drove a few miles south to Daly City and stayed in a motel for a couple of days. If it were possible, I'd love to spend a few days in the wine country, Carmel or Mendocino.
Our beautiful Ukrainian rescue dog, Lina, was so pleased to see us on our return from our short break. Do you have any pets?
No, unless a teddy bear counts.
Did you watch the Oscars this last week? What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past?
I saw most of it. My favorite winners are Henry Fonda for "On Golden Pond" (because he deserved it for so many wonderful film roles), Ellen Burstyn for "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore."
Spring is doing its best to properly begin here, but it's a mixed bag of sun and rain here (maybe that is spring!). What's it doing in your neck of the woods?
It's been sunny and warm here.
Hope you enjoy the questions, and Lina says Hi!
Hi, Lina!

Merci beaucoup, Jez!

Old 03-16-2024, 08:06 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times
Bonjour from France.

I spent a few days in norhern Spain this week- it's a four hour drive from here in SW France. What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days? Getting ready for 7 weeks of radiation therapy sometime soon, so I'd be happy for a trip to Kentucky Lake about 25 miles away, just to get out of the house while we can

Our beautiful Ukrainian rescue dog, Lina, was so pleased to see us on our return from our short break. Do you have any pets? We have a dachshund (45lbs) and a chihuahua (22 lbs). Didn't take either one of them long to train us. lol

Did you watch the Oscars this last week? What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past? Didn't watch any of it

Spring is doing its best to properly begin here, but it's a mixed bag of sun and rain here (maybe that is spring!). What's it doing in your neck of the woods? 68 here today

Hope you enjoy the questions, and Lina says Hi Hi, Lina from western Ky!

Old 03-16-2024, 08:26 PM

35,094 posts, read 17,051,842 times
I spent a few days in norhern Spain this week- it's a four hour drive from here in SW France. What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days? Vermont for Thanksgiving

Our beautiful Ukrainian rescue dog, Lina, was so pleased to see us on our return from our short break. Do you have any pets? No I don't. Did she wag her tail?

Did you watch the Oscars this last week? No What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past? n/a

Spring is doing its best to properly begin here, but it's a mixed bag of sun and rain here (maybe that is spring!). What's it doing in your neck of the woods? Warm, same mixed bag

Hope you enjoy the questions, and Lina says Hi! Thanks for thinking of us and composing

Old 03-16-2024, 11:32 PM

14,785 posts, read 8,120,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Bonjour from France.
Howdy from Kentucky!

I spent a few days in norhern Spain this week- it's a four hour drive from here in SW France. What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days?

Our beautiful Ukrainian rescue dog, Lina, was so pleased to see us on our return from our short break. Do you have any pets?
OMG you are right, I love the picture, she is so cute~
Pets? Yep I have 5 cats. (All were originally feral cats or strays in the area). I also feed one feral cat occasionally (when he decides to drop by- he won't come anywhere near humans though.)

Did you watch the Oscars this last week? What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past?
No, didn't watch the Oscars, I am sure I liked some of the winners from the past, but nothing comes to mind right off, not a real movie buff...but I catch one every now and then.

Spring is doing its best to properly begin here, but it's a mixed bag of sun and rain here (maybe that is spring!). What's it doing in your neck of the woods?
It's mostly been spring like for the last month here...but you have days where it rebounds back to winter...not totally uncommon here.

Hope you enjoy the questions, and Lina says Hi!
Give her a pet and a dog biscuit for me! So cute!
Attachment 249685
Thanks for the questions!

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 03-17-2024 at 12:28 AM..

Old 03-17-2024, 01:19 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
What was your most recent stay away, or if not, where you would like to go for a few days?
I'd like to go to a beach.
Do you have any pets?
Two elderly cats. I thought they'd be checking out last year. They decided to go another year.
Did you watch the Oscars this last week?
No interest.
What is one of your favourite movie winners from the past?
Titanic
What's it doing in your neck of the woods?
Mix of cloud and rain. Warmer a few days then cooler a few days. IOW it's spring!

Thank, Jezer. Hi, Lina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics