Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 06:49 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,389,029 times

Advertisements

[Walk in freezer or fridge, lots of times.
Yes Ive worked directly with the public many times.
Spouse cheating, oh I can write a book and the many ways to tell. Been there. That's what has made me so, maybe too, selective anymore. And having a brother who is a licensed P I he can tell some real whopping stories on things his guys have had to dig up.
What did I eat on Easter Sunday....oh...I went to a soul food place and their food was AWESOME!
Have a great Wednesday and thanks for the questions!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 06:57 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,493,535 times
Have you ever been in a walk-in fridge/cooler or freezer, like at a work place? during a tornado!

Old 04-03-2024, 07:16 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever been in a walk-in fridge/cooler or freezer, like at a work place? Yes, in college I worked in a liquor store and spent a lot of time in one grabbing beer for customers.

Have you worked directly with the public, face to face or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share? Yes, in customer service at a major water utility, and as owner of a sign/graphics business, total of 33 years working with the public. I have stories that are both amusing and astounding from both of those careers. Some are not appropriate for this forum, from the few years I spent in the field collecting overdue water bills.

Can you think of some ways to tell if a spouse is cheating? Less interest in you, away for hours without good reasons.

Today's Foodie Question(s):
What are some of the things you ate this Easter weekend, even if not observing a holiday? Boringly typical for the day, hot cross buns, ham, mac & cheese, deviled eggs, chocolate eggs.

Just to:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/side-eye
Have you given or received side-eye? Bonus points for examples or anecdotes.
Similar but more effective, I have a few times given the "Portuguese death look" to people, and even bystanders were impressed with the message that sends.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:24 AM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,782 times
Here we go with another round of questions!

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever been in a walk-in fridge/cooler or freezer, like at a work place? Yes

Have you worked directly with the public, face to face or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share? Face to face with public at a pharmacy. I liked it but sometimes hated it.

Can you think of some ways to tell if a spouse is cheating? Lipstick on his collar.

What are some of the things you ate this Easter weekend, even if not observing a holiday? We went to a buffet. Fried chicken, beef, ham, mashed potato’s, gravy, stuffing, lots of other stuff.

Just to:
Lots of times, mostly me doing the side eye.

Later.

Thank you!

Old 04-03-2024, 09:58 AM

24,448 posts, read 25,984,086 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever been in a walk-in fridge/cooler or freezer, like at a work place?
Yes at a ice house.

Have you worked directly with the public, face to face or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share?
No

Can you think of some ways to tell if a spouse is cheating?
They seem to be withdrawn.

What are some of the things you ate this Easter weekend, even if not observing a holiday?
Mexican food at a buffet.

Just to:
I have when working in Puerto Rico especially when they wouldn't understand what you were trying to convey.
Later.
Thanx bjh.

Old 04-03-2024, 10:40 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Here we go with another round of questions! Thanks as always.

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever been in a walk-in fridge/cooler or freezer, like at a work place? Yes, but does Costco's milk room count?

Have you worked directly with the public, face to face or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share? I was doing phone surveys for a short time, during the summer of 1976. I was basically passed the job from a high school friend. It did not go well.

Can you think of some ways to tell if a spouse is cheating? Weird texts or cell phone location services. I had a former client who left his cell phone on when he was recreating with someone not his wife. His wife locked him out when he tried to come home.

What are some of the things you ate this Easter weekend, even if not observing a holiday? Not observing but in obeisance to the holiday did have lamb.

Old 04-03-2024, 10:51 AM

14,768 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Sure, many times. I have worked for restaurants, groceries, deli's, etc in the past.

Have you worked directly with the public, face to face or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share?

Yes. I have worked retail most of my life, have also been the one answering the phones at a call center
and at a retail establishment.
I could probably write a book with the stories that I could tell!

But, I will spare you today.
Some crazy stuff goes on out there and there are some crazy people.

Yes.
What are some of the things you ate this Easter weekend, even if not observing a holiday?
In a crush for time I got some Korean Barbecue from Aldi's (my first time ever shopping there)

On Easter day itself, we had a spiral sliced ham, green beans and Mac and cheese and hard boiled eggs!
(I went to the grocery to buy a turkey breast, which I got, but noticed they also had ham on sale for
60 cents a pound -so got an 11 pound half ham (for under seven dollars!) I am going to make the turkey breast Friday)

Just to:

Oh yeah, who hasn't!
Later.
Thanks for the questions!

Old 04-03-2024, 05:33 PM

38,865 posts, read 22,854,503 times
Today's Question(s):
No

Yes, mostly over the phone when I worked for a large insurance company in the Claims department. Too many stories to tell; nothing really stands out.

Change in daily routine, i.e., long days at work when that wasn't the case before.

Quiche with hash browns and sliced strawberries at my sister's house.

Just to:
My siblings and I grew up getting "that look" from my mother whenever we did something she disapproved of. We behaved instantly and she didn't even need to say a word.

Later.
Happy Hump Day!

Old 04-04-2024, 05:02 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,023,434 times

Today's Question(s):

Yes. Both - cooler and freezer.

I did many presentations related to my work, spoke on conventions, big meetings. I work face-to-face with patients, make phone calls or visit various institutions.
When I was in music school I often publicly played in recitals and concerts.
Being not shy helps a lot

Subtle changes in appearance, spending time away from home, late work, "work" travels, increased texting, leaving the room to answer calls, changes in intimacy, unexplained expenses, strange scents/hairs on clothing, secrecy, lying, avoidance...

Traditionally, the most important family meal at Easter is breakfast, not dinner. We had eggs, lamb cold cuts, polish potato salad (sort of Oliver salad) with sausages, and sweets like babka and poppy seed roll.

Just to:

Probably, but nothing significant.

Later.

Thank you, bjh!!

Old 04-04-2024, 03:59 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever been in a walk-in fridge/cooler or freezer, like at a work place? Yes. Not at work, but at places where I've done volunteer work at events which included banquets.

Have you worked directly with the public, face to face or on the phone, and have any story/ies to share? Not the general public. When I worked as a paralegal, I met with clients, but I've not had a job where I was in sales or greeting the general public.

Can you think of some ways to tell if a spouse is cheating? I'll steer clear of this dark subject.

What are some of the things you ate this Easter weekend, even if not observing a holiday? Pork loin roast and side dishes at my sister's house on Sunday.

Just to:
Have you given or received side-eye? Sure. I suspect everyone has! Bonus points for examples or anecdotes. I don't recall any in particular.

Later. Thanks for the Weds Qs, bjh!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics