Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:11 AM

16,671 posts, read 17,435,450 times

Advertisements

Hi bjh.

Have you ever driven or ridden in; and what did you like or dislike about each or imagine you'd like or not:

-a convertible?

I have a hardtop convertible as my daily drive. That means that with the roof up it is just like any hardtop car. I drive it top down as much as possible, and with features such as a rear wind deflector, haeted seats, and even a so called air scarf, a built in hot air supply to the headrest, it is comfortable. The main downside is if following a smelly vehicle, but I love the car.

-large SUVs or pickup trucks?

Generally not large ones. I have been in F150s, Suburban and the like. Okay in the US, and just out of place in Europe.

-all electric cars, not hybrids?

I have only been a passenger in electric cars. We have a hybrid and it works well for us.

Would you entertain the thought of buying an electric vehicle and why or why not, or have you bought one?

An electric only car would suit us well most of the time for our usual local journeys. I quite like the idea of a Fiat 500e, but am not prepared to get rid of my current car, not least because it has a range of 700 miles on a long trip, like when I drove from SW France to N Scotland last year.

Bonus:
Do you wear shorts or sandals during warm weather, or what else might you wear to stay cooler?

I wear shorts when it warms up here, but sandals for me are a no-no. I am happy to potter around in shorts, a T shirt and Sketchers shoes.

Today's Foodie Question(s):
What are your favorite snow cone flavors?

I do not know what these are.

When I was a kid one snow cone truck put a gumball on top, like a cherry on top. What's something, anything you remember about a sweet or cool treat when you were a kid?

Our school had a 'tuck shop' selling small candy pieces, and I used to buy various sweets at four for an old penny.

Thanks bjh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:59 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Found these questions in a coffee can on the porch. So they're not my fault.

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever driven or ridden in; and what did you like or dislike about each or imagine you'd like or not:

-a convertible? I have had a couple. It turns out, there are only a few days a year when the climate is perfect to have the top down. I’d love to have my 1995 VW Cabrio convertible back. Nowadays, I think I’d probably feel very unprotected and vulnerable in one.

-large SUVs or pickup trucks? Hard to climb in and out of, but nice for seeing over other cars.

-all electric cars, not hybrids? I haven’t been in one.

Would you entertain the thought of buying an electric vehicle and why or why not, or have you bought one? I don’t want one.

Bonus:
Do you wear shorts or sandals during warm weather, or what else might you wear to stay cooler? I live in shorts and sandals for most of the year.

What are your favorite snow cone flavors? I cannot remember, but probably a fruit flavor.

When I was a kid one snow cone truck put a gumball on top, like a cherry on top. What's something, anything you remember about a sweet or cool treat when you were a kid? I remember that we went for ice cream cones and I always got watermelon. I haven’t seen watermelon ice cream anywhere in 100 years.

Have a fun Thursday! If you call getting a colonoscopy fun.

Old Today, 05:35 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):

-a convertible? .................Yes a few times

-large SUVs or pickup trucks? ...........Yes very comfortable

-all electric cars, not hybrids?................Never sat in one

Would you entertain the thought of buying an electric vehicle and why or why not, or have you bought one? .............Probably not in my lifetime

Bonus:
Do you wear shorts or sandals during warm weather, or what else might you wear to stay cooler? ..........No longer shorts,but sandals

What are your favorite snow cone flavors? ................I never had one

When I was a kid one snow cone truck put a gumball on top, like a cherry on top. What's something, anything you remember about a sweet or cool treat when you were a kid? ................My mother used to make chocolate soup with fluffy cloud like whipped egg whites on it.

Have a fun Thursday!
Thank you bjh

Old Today, 06:53 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times

Today's Question(s):

-a convertible? Don’t like, hair blows all over the place, bugs fly in your face. Nothing I like.

-large SUVs or pickup trucks? We have a truck. I like it, you can haul stuff in it.

-all electric cars, not hybrids? I’ve only been in one electric car, no opinion, it’s quiet.

Would you entertain the thought of buying an electric vehicle and why or why not, or have you bought one? I don’t think we can afford one right now. Plus you have to charge the battery. What do you do if you get stuck on a highway in a blizzard?

Bonus:
Do you wear shorts or sandals during warm weather, or what else might you wear to stay cooler? Shorts and sandals for sure plus a tank top.

What are your favorite snow cone flavors? Blue raspberry. Cherry.

When I was a kid one snow cone truck put a gumball on top, like a cherry on top. What's something, anything you remember about a sweet or cool treat when you were a kid? I grew up with a health nut for a Mom, if we were allowed any cool treat it was a big deal, popsicles, ice cream cones, fudgicles.

Have a fun Thursday!
Thank you!

Old Today, 07:13 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Today's Question(s):

-a convertible? Rode in, don't like wind in my face.

-large SUVs or pickup trucks? Yes, had an Explorer, now have an F150, love the size, high up view, and power.

-all electric cars, not hybrids? Never drove one and never will. I'll stick to gas engines thank you.

Would you entertain the thought of buying an electric vehicle and why or why not, or have you bought one? No, never. My F150 goes 700 miles on a tank, my wife's Outback goes 475 miles, and we often do day trips or overnight and may go 8-10 hours with only brief stops.

Bonus:
Do you wear shorts or sandals during warm weather, or what else might you wear to stay cooler? I wear shorts and tees all summer, and stay cool by being inside with the AC on.

What are your favorite snow cone flavors? Blue Raspberry, Cherry.

When I was a kid one snow cone truck put a gumball on top, like a cherry on top. What's something, anything you remember about a sweet or cool treat when you were a kid? My favorite from the ice cream truck was the Eskimo Pie. Eventually though in the 70s-80s some of those Bay Area ice cream guys were also selling drugs on the side.

Old Today, 07:17 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Today's Question(s):

-a convertible? I've ridden in one, but that was in my younger days. i didn't like my hair being blown around. .... .... Which reminds me..... There seems to be a trend around my area, since it's close to the ocean/beach/boardwalk. I'm on the road driving every day, and, there are a ton of out-of-staters visiting here. When I see convertibles...they are often driven by "older" men. Not so many younger guys drive convertibles around here, anymore. They like the SUVs. I'm old, so I can say, those older men driving convertibles are known around here as "geezers".

-large SUVs or pickup trucks? I've driven a pickup truck.

-all electric cars, not hybrids? No interest in either of those.

Would you entertain the thought of buying an electric vehicle and why or why not, or have you bought one?
No interest.

Bonus:
Do you wear shorts or sandals during warm weather, or what else might you wear to stay cooler?
My everyday work clothes in warm weather are, light weight-cool colored slacks, business monogramed cotton golf shirt. Shoes are slip off for interior home inspections, and another pair for outside (muddy-dirty) work.

What are your favorite snow cone flavors? Not a fan.

When I was a kid one snow cone truck put a gumball on top, like a cherry on top. What's something, anything you remember about a sweet or cool treat when you were a kid?
Orange Sherbert ice cream cones were my favorite, and still are.

Have a fun Thursday!

Thanks for the Q of the D

Old Today, 08:47 AM

24,768 posts, read 28,523,474 times

Today's Question(s):

-a convertible? 62 Chevy Belair Rag Top small block

-large SUVs or pickup trucks? Pick-um-Truck

-all electric cars, not hybrids? Can't afford a 1,000 mile extension cord

No way no how ,would I buy a electric car.
Bonus:
Do you wear shorts or sandals during warm weather, or what else might you wear to stay cooler? Jeans

What are your favorite snow cone flavors? None

As a kid the ice cream truck would service all the summer camps along the lake, end of day the driver would have many broken unsalable items, for a dime you got potluck and belly full of treats before super, which you could not eat because of being so full of treats. Then get yelled at by one or both parents for not appreciating a wholesome meal

Old Today, 09:11 AM

1,370 posts, read 614,135 times
Today's Question(s):

-a convertible? -

### Yes, I didn’t like all that wind whooshing on my face with my glasses on. Plus the sunburns.

-large SUVs or pickup trucks? -

I like the Range Rover Defender that sits, I think, 6 people.

-all electric cars, not hybrids? -

I rode a UBER electric vehicle, meh!

### No, it doesn’t do the miles we need to go to the Catskills

Bonus:

### Light pants and linen or cotton shirts or a hybrid of the 2. I wear espadrilles I get in Spain, made for men.

### Lemon

### Good Humor creamsicle or ice cream sandwich. Back in the day they were so good.

Have a fun Thursday!

THX for the Q’s bjh

Old Today, 10:22 AM

24,470 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Today's Question(s):

-a convertible?
Yes, even had a MG Midget, just need a hat and sunglasses.

-large SUVs or pickup trucks?
Yes to both, currently have 2 SUV's.

-all electric cars, not hybrids?
Daughter and SIL have a hybrid. I'm impressed.

I'm holding out for hydrogen powered cars. Although a 1,000 HP Hummer is impressive.

Bonus:
Shorts, tee shirts and no sandals.

Never was a fan.

50-50 bars and ice cream sandwiches.

Have a fun Thursday!

Thanx bjh May you have a neato Thursday.

Old Today, 11:08 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times

Today's Question(s):

-a convertible? Have ridden in. Love it when the weather's nice.

-large SUVs or pickup trucks? Have not ridden in any oversized truck or SUV.

-all electric cars, not hybrids? Have not been in one of these yet. I'm curious and would like to take a spin in one.

Would you entertain the thought of buying an electric vehicle and why or why not, or have you bought one? Possibly in a few/several years, after more of the glitches have been worked out and there is more data gleaned from long-time users. I don't want to be a guinea pig.

Bonus:
Do you wear shorts or sandals during warm weather, or what else might you wear to stay cooler? I don't wear shorts in public, even if it's terribly hot out. I do wear sandals sometimes.

What are your favorite snow cone flavors? I haven't had one in decades, but I'd probably choose cherry. Yum!

When I was a kid one snow cone truck put a gumball on top, like a cherry on top. What's something, anything you remember about a sweet or cool treat when you were a kid? Nothing in particular, but I do remember what a thrill it was when Mom would give my siblings and me some change to get ice cream or a Fudgsicle from the ice cream truck.

Have a fun Thursday! Thank you for the Thursday Q's, bjh!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics