Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:52 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,779,523 times

Advertisements

Have you ever been hypnotized to overcome a fear? Did it work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 06:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
Good morning Rapture
My dentist tried way back when I was a teenager

Unfortunately I am one of those that is resistant to being hypnotized

I am also curious to see if anyone has had success

Old 07-26-2008, 06:28 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,862 times
I was hypnotized once but not to overcome fear, but rather for a past life regression.
I had a friend I dated prior to being married who had tried it, and when on a trip we went together to both try it again. My friend had had several regressions sessions and the tapes of the regressions seemed to give her some insight into some personal issues in her present life. She had several past lives to review, and unlike what I suspected they were all individuals who lived normal lives.
For me I had only two past lives. Nothing special, but of interest to me was one was oriental and I do have a love of Asian culture, food, art, and people. The other past life was a French soldiers killed in the wars during Napoleon rule.
The sessions were taped, and I did enjoy listing to them and the details which seemed to come out.
I have never fully accepted the past life reality. I am a history buff and much of the detail could have been in my mind from the studies of Asia, or European history. Just the same it was fun.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:46 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
When I was having my chlldren during the 60's, delivery under hypnosis was a big thing..My Sil had both her children under hypnosis..She felt no pain..Sounded good to me after already having two with not much of anything..My Dr. said that I really should consider it since this baby was to be born just 11 months from my last one..He set my first appt (it took several appts to do this) I went into the first appt very skeptical, since I always thought hypnosis was just a party trick..Anyway , when the lights went out and the therapist lowered his voice to a singsong and told me to relax and he was going to send me on a very pleasant trip, I lost all trust in him him, and as I tend to do in fearful situations, I began to laugh as I bolted from the office Anyway when the time to deliver my baby came they put me sound to sleep with anesthesia It was a wonderful break from the first two deliveries..The next time (15 months later) I opted for the limited amt of pain meds again as she was nearly born on the way to the hospital..Some people are just not good candidates for hypnosis...

Old 07-26-2008, 06:52 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,737,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I was hypnotized once but not to overcome fear, but rather for a past life regression.
I had a friend I dated prior to being married who had tried it, and when on a trip we went together to both try it again. My friend had had several regressions sessions and the tapes of the regressions seemed to give her some insight into some personal issues in her present life. She had several past lives to review, and unlike what I suspected they were all individuals who lived normal lives.
For me I had only two past lives. Nothing special, but of interest to me was one was oriental and I do have a love of Asian culture, food, art, and people. The other past life was a French soldiers killed in the wars during Napoleon rule.
The sessions were taped, and I did enjoy listing to them and the details which seemed to come out.
I have never fully accepted the past life reality. I am a history buff and much of the detail could have been in my mind from the studies of Asia, or European history. Just the same it was fun.
That is so cool! I've never been hypnotized but have always wanted to just for a past life reading. Interesting

Old 07-26-2008, 07:03 AM

2 posts, read 5,009 times
Default Yes- it worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Have you ever been hypnotized to overcome a fear? Did it work?
I was hypnotized, to help me give up smoking. It worked... I am into week 2o as a NON smoker.
Greetings from Australia. Am new to this site., I have an urgent need to discover issues associated with short term memory loss. Please help me to understand how I enter a new topic.
Thank you in advance,
Carlos

Old 07-26-2008, 07:47 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,779,523 times
Thanks for all the comments so far.

Carlos, just click "new thread" (upper left) in the forum you choose to post in. Type your title and then your question or comment and click "submit new thread" (bottom left). You can also go here //www.city-data.com/forum/about-forum/ to learn more about the forum.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:53 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,451,543 times
Default Have I ever been hypnotized?

But, of course! When I saw my husband, back in college. I hope no one ever snaps his fingers, and brings me out of it!

Old 07-26-2008, 07:55 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
I went to Hooters one time and I got hypnotized by a couple of the waitresses over there.. and they ended up taking advantage of me.. oh it was terrible! Then I woke up from the dream..

Another time I was hypnotized by the instruments inside the flight deck of a Boeing 727 jetliner.. then a couple of flight attendants had to take me out of there... and I could swear they were the same ones that worked at Hooters..

Actually, no I've never been hypnotized.. I just don't think it's hip.. or hyp(??)

Old 07-26-2008, 08:02 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
But, of course! When I saw my husband, back in college. I hope no one ever snaps his fingers, and brings me out of it!
LOL.. RDSLots, while you're at it, go to the Bank of America website... logon on there using my account number.. then when you see the mouse pointer turn red, transfer all the funds from your account to mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics