Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:46 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,677,407 times

Advertisements

That wasn't a very mature thing to put in a news paper. It doesn't remotely reflect any show of kindness in the authors personality. BUT I know at least 2 families that wouldn't mind being able to express the same type of expression as that. Same thing mother never has a kind word for anyone, causes division and striff between all family members AND expects them to treat her with visits, love, warmth, kindness and respect. It isn't any illness that caused her to have the tounge of a viper, She's just plain ol mean spirited and loves to see the effects of the pot of trouble that she stirs up. So very sad to waste ones life in such a manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 AM

52 posts, read 141,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I understand the part about ridding oneself of frustrations.

I just don't think that a public announcement, especially one concerning family, is a good place to do it.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool,
Than to speak up and remove all doubt"
If this woman was this destructive, I can guarantee you that not only her family was subject to it. Everybody who knew her knew who she was.

Also, it is up to those that had to live with her to memorialize anyway they please, it sounds as if they earned the right to "air" it anyway they wanted. Nobodies business to desparage their choices, you don't know them and you didn't know her. There was no service, gotta say it sometime!

Old 08-21-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
What is the point of a family broadcastring their hate for a deceased member of the family? It only proves that she has left a legacy of her own poison behind..
In that case, she earned this very public "memorial" to her memory.

For all of you who think that her family were the only victims of her, I am sure you are wrong. Many people more than likely said "good ridance" when she died.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:57 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,489,534 times
A part of me wants to condemn the family member who wrote such a vindictive obituary since it is in poor taste. I don't think anyone would argue that point. OTOH, having known a few people who match Dolores' M.O., I think it may be the smallest amount of justice to those left in her wake. There are people who THRIVE on stirring the pot and causing all calamity they can. It is mindboggling that someone can go out of their way to make other people's lives miserable and that to NOT make others miserable would add up to a personal failure in their own eyes. But I have seen it and lived it.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:28 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,649,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisgirl_2455 View Post
If this woman was this destructive, I can guarantee you that not only her family was subject to it. Everybody who knew her knew who she was.

Also, it is up to those that had to live with her to memorialize anyway they please, it sounds as if they earned the right to "air" it anyway they wanted. Nobodies business to desparage their choices, you don't know them and you didn't know her. There was no service, gotta say it sometime!
There are certain customs and traditions that a civilized society observes at milestones in life - one of them being death.

To trivialize the traditions in this way speaks not only of the family's poor judgement but also of their willingness to forgo said traditions. It also reaffirms that modern society is trashing long-accepted customs in order to get a "feel-good" for a few hours.

But then, this society is rapidly approaching the point where even animals have more decency, so I shouldn't be surprised this has happened...

Old 08-21-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
A part of me wants to condemn the family member who wrote such a vindictive obituary since it is in poor taste. I don't think anyone would argue that point. OTOH, having known a few people who match Dolores' M.O., I think it may be the smallest amount of justice to those left in her wake. There are people who THRIVE on stirring the pot and causing all calamity they can. It is mindboggling that someone can go out of their way to make other people's lives miserable and that to NOT make others miserable would add up to a personal failure in their own eyes. But I have seen it and lived it.
It isn't justice - it's cowardice. If they had a shred of honor, they'd have confronted her when she was alive and healthy, instead of taking cheap shots when she can't fight back. Again, that's people these days - cowards.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
There are certain customs and traditions that a civilized society observes at milestones in life - one of them being death.

To trivialize the traditions in this way speaks not only of the family's poor judgement but also of their willingness to forgo said traditions. It also reaffirms that modern society is trashing long-accepted customs in order to get a "feel-good" for a few hours.

But then, this society is rapidly approaching the point where even animals have more decency, so I shouldn't be surprised this has happened...
I think writing a "fake" memorial to their mother PRETENDING to mourn and miss her would be a bigger social injustice. I don't think this guy did more than tell the truth, he didn't trash someone who hadn't spent a lifetime trashing their own reputation. I don't think he was "overboard" either, he was basically telling the public that no services were being held because his mother was a witch who ripped the family apart so bad, they can't even get together to fake it anymore. The dead woman deserved it IMO, to hell with those who think it's tacky, etc.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisgirl_2455 View Post
... to hell with those who think it's tacky, etc.
Well, I guess I can't respond any more since my keyboard appears to be melting...

Old 08-21-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Well, I guess I can't respond any more since my keyboard appears to be melting...
lol, I wasn't talking about you...I mean, in these peoples lives, they had to deal with her for nearly 80 yrs, sounds like they suffered, the way they deal with her death is their business. We can debate it, but ultimately, this family has the right to write it up how ever they want.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:07 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,489,534 times
Quote:
It isn't justice - it's cowardice. If they had a shred of honor, they'd have confronted her when she was alive and healthy, instead of taking cheap shots when she can't fight back. Again, that's people these days - cowards.
With parents like Dolores, do you really think they had a snowball's chance in hell to become anything else but dysfunctional and attention-grabbing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics