Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:34 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,953,691 times

Advertisements

In today "technical world " when was the last time you used an actual Pencil ?
I still have kids in school, so there's pencil's always laying around the house. I don't remember the last time I used one, but it was probably fairly recently, if I needed to take a phone message.

Have you ever been the "chew on the end of a pencil or pen" type of person ?
Nope. I always thought pencils were dirty because I KNOW where my hands were as a young boy. (Sand box, trees, mud... keep your mind out of the gutter!!)

When was the last time you took a nap ?
This last Saturday. My oldest works at a movie theater and often doesn't get off until after midnight. So, he got home about 2:00 am, and because I worry about him, I stayed up until he got home.

When you were a kid did you take your naps willingly or fight it "tooth and nail" because in your mind you didn't need a nap ?
I fought it tooth and nail... right up until I was the last of the family to get up from the nap! (My mom would make my sister and I take a nap when she was tired... lol)

Today in History:
October 27, 1775 U.S. Navy forms (Woot! I'm retired Navy!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 07:37 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,614,072 times
In today "technical world " when was the last time you used an actual Pencil ?Two days ago

I was when I was younger, but it was strongly discouraged and punishment ensued to those who were slow learners. I don't recall when I finally got the message.

Yesterday

When you were a kid did you take your naps willingly or fight it "tooth and nail" because in your mind you didn't need a nap ? fought it tooth and nail

National potato day - YeeHaw!
And national crabby co-worker day. Dang, can't we limit them to just one day? They are so annoying! Kinda like the people that bash Florida just because they aren't happy there. Why can't they just leave? I didn't like Florida either, but it wasn't the state's fault that I prefer a four season state. Oops. Did I start a pet peeve thread in the ?otd thread? Oops. I'll leave now...

Yesterday, fallfanatic treated everyone to donuts and coffee. My turn: Drinks are on me!

Last edited by AliceT; 10-27-2008 at 08:31 AM..

Old 10-27-2008, 07:49 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,007,915 times
Quote:
Today's Question:

Bonus Question:

Extra Credit Question:

Extra Cause I can Question:

When you were a kid did you take your naps willingly or fight it "tooth and nail" because in your mind you didn't need a nap ?

I use actual pens and pencils everyday.

I do chew on the end, but ONLY with my own, never with a borrowed one (I don't know where it's been)

Lately, sitting at home on the pain pills for my knee I get a nap almost everyday.

I don't remember if I fought naptime when I was a kid or not.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:01 AM

797 posts, read 2,993,771 times

Daily usually, I am a home educator.

No, yuck!

Some time last week, I usually crash once every couple of weeks due to severe sleep deprivation.

I didn't fight it, but didn't always fall asleep, sometimes I just layed there until it was over.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:49 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,680,354 times
Today's Question:

I used a pencil just last week. I use one when I mark wood that I'm cutting, a wall where I'm hanging a pic etc.

Bonus Question:

Chewed tobacco when I was playing HS baseball but never a pencil.

Extra Credit Question:

I haven't taken a nap since 8am. I was up at 4 and when you don't have to go to work you can nap when you are tired

Don't remember, I've slept since then.

Today in History:
October 27, 1775 U.S. Navy forms

were filled out in triplicate.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:06 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,555,532 times
I use pencils every now and then...should use them in my check register.

I never chewed on them!

Last nap was yesterday afternoon. I take one daily unless we have company. Getting old, ya know.

We did not take naps as children (my siblings and I). We went to bed at 8 and got up at 5...regularly. We were farm kids, and had chores to do.
When my son was young I would have him take naps. He would get too hyper by evening if he didn't. As he got older, I would lay down with him to get him to take his nap. Sometimes I was the one who took the nap.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:20 AM

44,647 posts, read 61,684,084 times
Today's Question:
In today "technical world " when was the last time you used an actual Pencil ? I use one everyday, a #2, it's required to mark your lottery ticket slip.

Bonus Question:
Have you ever been the "chew on the end of a pencil or pen" type of person ? NO, never been that hungry.

Extra Credit Question:
When was the last time you took a nap ? Yesterday, the day before, the day before that, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz dozing off nowzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

When you were a kid did you take your naps willingly or fight it "tooth and nail" because in your mind you didn't need a nap ? Don't remember, but knowing me and how hyper I was, probably did.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,121,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Monday Welcome back..sorry I missed yesterday...
I hope everyone had a great weekend
Busy day ahead of us we are going to the beach with rance and sweden and her family to do some swimming (them) and beach walking (me lol) ,then picking up the marriage license kinda need this for tomorrow
So I better hurry with You guys ARE taking plenty of pics for us, right?

Today's Question:

In today "technical world " when was the last time you used an actual Pencil ? We always have sharpened #2's on hand, and use them often!

Bonus Question:

Have you ever been the "chew on the end of a pencil or pen" type of person ? Nope..but my son is, and it drives me nuts.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nap ? Can you make that the word of the day so I know what it means?

I don't even remember my mom putting me down for them..but I'm sure I went willingly...I'll ask mom I do remember a few times laying down with my mom in her room with her for a nap..she was always a cuddler, and always made me feel loved!

Today in History:
October 27, 1775 U.S. Navy forms
October 27, 1858 RH Macy and Co opens 1st store, (6th Ave-NYC) Gross receipts $1106
October 27, 1925 Water skis patented by Fred Waller

Word of the Day:
corroborate \kuh-ROB-uh-rayt\, transitive verb:
To strengthen or make more certain with other evidence.

Today is:
National Potato Day oh yes now were talking !!!!
Now Go Sit On a Couch & Watch TV!
it is also
National Cranky Co-Workers Day Geez..hope not, since my co-worker is my hubby...if he gets back to the office Cranky..I'm gonna get cranky!
and
National Boxer Shorts Day Nope...I wear briefs
it is also
National Pencil Day (first used in 1492)
Woo-Hoo...

Old 10-27-2008, 09:30 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,294,552 times
In today "technical world " when was the last time you used an actual Pencil ? I use them occassionaly,I'm more of a pen gal.I used a pencil maybe a month ago.

Bonus Question:

Nope,doesn't sound appetizing.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you took a nap ? Last Wed.

When you were a kid did you take your naps willingly or fight it "tooth and nail" because in your mind you didn't need a nap ? Honestly I don't know.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:59 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,521,419 times
Today's Question:

Well, I'm in college, so I use pencils quite often

Bonus Question:

Ew no, I hate chewing on anything besides food
Extra Credit Question:

probably a few weekends ago. I usually nap with my son and my husband on Saturdays, but we've been busy cleaning the last few weeks.

I used to hate napping when I was younger. In fact I hated sleeping of any kind. I tried to stay up as much as I possibly could. Now that I'm older I love to sleep and do it as much as I can!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics