Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:15 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,626,454 times

Advertisements

Whenever I hear a song from "The Who", or "Led Zep" etc. I always find a picture in my mind that leads me back to the 70's. I do miss the MUSIC!
I know we can listen still, but it was exciting to hear about a new ALBUM, and a CONCERT. I miss the circle of FRIENDS I had. I do keep in touch with 2 friends often, and another only at Christmas time.

I miss how EASY and SIMPLE life was then. I miss a lot of the PARKS that Teens would hang out at. Roller Rinks (not many these days) and Drive-Ins (none around here that I know of).
To be able to walk down the street at night and know the worst to look for was the drunk guy by the bar that would whistle and annoy you when he saw you walk past. http://bestsmileys.com/lol/10.gif (broken link)

I miss a lot of the GOOD TV SHOWS that were on. Lots of funny ones, (Chico and the Man...Happy Days...Welcome back Kotter...)along with AMERICAN BANDSTAND on Saturdays. Sometimes a certain Smell will take me back to a certain time (Ahuh...I know what you are thinking, but NO...not that smell. LOL)
Perhaps a rainfall, or a bbq or just a perfume that reminded me of a good time years ago.

Anyway, today I was in my car and heard "The Who" and decided to come up with this question. I'd like to see things posted that you miss and enjoyed about the 70's . I am trying to bring a smile to mine, and anyone else's face that lived in the 70's and enjoyed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 01:07 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
My age.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:59 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,495,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
My age.
LOL! I hear ya on that one!

I miss the music; the TV(back when curse words were still forbidden); people enjoying the simple pleasures in life (instead of everybody being attached to an electronic device); the vehicles (you could actually tell the difference between them then-now they all look alike);the slower pace; having to get all dressed up to go to a disco/club-unlike now-people go in looking like slobs; the hairstyles; some of the fashions; the food (back before everybody was all up-in-arms about HFCS/fat/carbs and just ate and enjoyed every bite); people back then didn't seem as cynical and rude as they are now; kids were happy getting real toys for Xmas and didn't expect their parents to drop hundreds of dollars on the latest electronic gadget; watching all the Christmas specials; watching variety shows like Donny and Marie, the Brady Bunch, Sonny and Cher; roller skating every weekend; the drive-in(we still have one here in Vineland, NJ); when TV commercials were actually entertaining instead of stupid; the economy (better than it is now);and the #1 reason I miss the 70's: my folks were still alive and healthy.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:13 PM

72,417 posts, read 18,203,422 times
I miss the beatles,the simple life without cell phones,computers,where everyone would communicate by their voice and eyes.
Miss the Drive-ins!

Old 11-01-2008, 02:15 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
I wish the 70s never ended. Everyone was doing drugs and screwing each other, and nobody cared.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:29 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
My age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I wish the 70s never ended. Everyone was doing drugs and screwing each other, and nobody cared.
Oh, well that too.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:39 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Well folks, let's take a little trip down memory lane. Billboards #1 Hits from February 1970-May 1972, enjoy the music and the memories.....
YouTube - oldies but goodies, pt. 15 - a time sweep of number one hits,
YouTube - oldies but goodies, pt. 16 - a time sweep of number one hits,
YouTube - oldies but goodies, pt. 17 - a time sweep of number one hits

Old 11-01-2008, 02:57 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,139,513 times
Quote:
My age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
LOL!#1 reason I miss the 70's: my folks were still alive and healthy.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
ROFLMAO!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 03:19 PM

I hear you on the age as well... some of us had to grow up...lol
I really do enjoy the internet, but not sure when I was a teen
if most of my time would be spent here, or texting on a phone!
I loved being with my "crowd" of friends~

Old 11-01-2008, 03:22 PM

YouTube - oldies but goodies, pt. 27 - a time sweep of number one hits

1976-77
Thanks for the link to the other ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics