Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 06:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,109,893 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday
Ok we are back to warmer weather, yesterday was shorts and t-shirt as I think the next few days will be
Though this will make for enjoyable early morning shopping weather at 5 am Friday

I got some really good ideas from yesterday posts (see if you see yours) for

Today's Question:

Ok FESS UP !!!!
Have you every peeked in the presents sitting under the tree ?

Bonus Question:
A couple of you mentioned this, but I know there must be more of us

Do you reuse gift bags ?
Have you ever "oops" given a gift bag back to the person who gave it to you ?

Extra Credit Question:

What time do you plan on serving Thanksgiving Dinner ?

How close to the that time will it actually happen ?

Answer : you guess the Question

Black fuzzy socks with a 4" wide leopard band

Today in History:
November 25, 1817 1st sword swallower in U.S. performs (New York City)
November 25, 1834 Delmonico's, one of New York's finest restaurants, provides a meal of soup, steak, coffee and half a pie for 12 cents
November 25, 1920 1st Thanksgiving Parade (Phila)
November 25, 1949 Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" appeared on the music charts and became THE musical hit of the Christmas season. 80 different versions of the song have been recorded, with nearly 20,000,000 copies sold.

Word of the Day:
saltant
(SAL-tuhnt) adjective
Leaping, jumping, or dancing.

Today is:
National Parfait Day
and
National Shopping Reminder Day
it is also
National Don't Utter a Word Days (Listen instead!)
It is also
1 month till Christmas !!!!

Last edited by FLPL75; 11-25-2008 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: to clarify the GB ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 06:13 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,786,448 times
That's more than one question.......

Old 11-25-2008, 06:21 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,346,772 times
Default Today's Question:

Ok FESS UP !!!!
When we were kid we did a few times, my parents would wait until after we were in bed and put some unwrapped presents under the tree.

Do you reuse gift bags ? Sure
Have you ever "oops" given one back to the person who gave it to you ?
I'm not sure if we have.

Extra Credit Question:

What time do you plan on serving Thanksgiving Dinner ? around 1pm

How close to the that time will it actually happen ? 3pm

Whats the coolest thing I could buy my wife this year?

Old 11-25-2008, 06:30 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,507 times
In honor of National Don't Utter a Word Day ...

Old 11-25-2008, 06:35 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,109,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
That's more than one question.......
lol welcome to the question of the day Garlicguy

yes I never just ask 1 !!!
the folks here are way too much fun for just one question ..

Heck some days I may post 4 or 5

Old 11-25-2008, 06:50 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,948,153 times
Yes. Growing up, it was just my mother, sister, and I. My mom worked two jobs and I still remember food stamps (when they were actually stamps). One Christmas, my sister and I got only one gift each (all my mother could afford). Well... they were wrapped and under the tree, and my sister and I must have been around 8 years old. We decided to try to unwrap them and see what they were. But, when we tried to re-wrap them, we tore more than we put back together. So, when my mom came home, we lied and told her the dog must have smelled them and opened them. She knew better, of course, but she never got mad or let on. We really thought we got one over on her. We still laugh about it with her to this day.

Do you reuse gift bags ?
No.

No... but at one company Christmas party, they did a white elephant, where someone can take a gift from someone else, or pick from the unopened gifts. This can be fun, but often many people end up with something that was totally stupid (a CD of music from a genre they don't listen to), or something they just simply cannot use. One time I got a nice assortment of golf balls, golf tees, and golf towels in a nice container. Problem: I don't golf. So, since it was my first Christmas party with the company, I asked some co-workers what to do. They said that often people trade or just offer the gift to someone they know could use it. Thinking this a great way to make some "new guy" points with the boss (who I knew was an avid golfer), I asked him if he wanted the nice set I had. He answered that he was the one who brought them to the party! So, not only was I stuck with the set, I lost points trying to give the boss his own gift back!!

Normally we like to eat between 3:00 and 4:00pm.

That's an hour. Unless our stove blows up or something really unforeseen happens, it will happen within that hour.

What's your favorite footwear to wear around the house?

Old 11-25-2008, 06:53 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
In honor of National Don't Utter a Word Day ...

LOL... I'm speechless..

Old 11-25-2008, 06:56 AM

1,890 posts, read 1,563,228 times
Today's Question:

Ok FESS UP !!!!

Yes, I have actually carefully unwrapped them, looked at them and wrapped it back. I did this as a kid once, it ruined everything so I never did it again.

Bonus Question:

Do you reuse gift bags ? Yes, my whole family does.
Have you ever "oops" given one back to the person who gave it to you ? Yes, and I have used the same bag for the same person the next year before.

Extra Credit Question:

Around 830pm. DH and I are both working that day.

hopefully within 30 minutes.

What do you get for a stocking stuffer?

Old 11-25-2008, 06:57 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,620,272 times
Today's Question:

Ok FESS UP !!!!
My first job after getting married was giftwrapping at J. C. Penney in Fayetteville, N. C. I don't have to peek. I can usually tell what it is by the box and just a little shake.

Bonus Question:
A couple of you mentioned this, but I know there must be more of us

Do you reuse gift bags ? Goodness, yes! Those things are too expensive for just one use.
Are you talking about bags or presents? LOL I hope I haven't.

Extra Credit Question:

What time do you plan on serving Thanksgiving Dinner ? When the turkey is done. Probably early afternoon between 1 and 2.

Big question is when will my son arrive with his wife and two babies. This could be interesting. Their car is small and traveling with the babies is almost like moving. It may take him all morning to load the car, so we may be eating at 6 p. m. It takes at least four hours to get here from their home.

Question: What is the weirdest present you have ever received?

Answer: Black fuzzy socks with a 4" wide leopard band

Last edited by NCN; 11-25-2008 at 07:13 AM..

Old 11-25-2008, 07:01 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,387,565 times
Only one month before Christmas??? I might be saltant then, but I'm close to panicked now!

Shhhhh. . . . Don't tell anyone, but I have peeked. I much prefer being surprised! The peeking occurred at a time when I thought I'd be disappointed, and I preferred to know ahead of time so I could school my expression and not hurt others' feelings.

I only re-gift after either I or the other person moves away and there is no possibility of being discovered in the act. Otherwise, I discreetly dispose of the gift if I find it truly hideous. Usually, I keep even the gifts I don't like if I feel they were given from the heart. I always value gifts given with sincerity and love.

Funny you should bring up the timing of Thanksgiving dinner. Usually, we aim for around 2:00. For some reason, dh wants a later dinner this year. I think he's just hoping to snack more beforehand! The only time we haven't served a holiday meal when planned was when the oven was on the blink and took an extra four hours to cook the turkey! Wouldn't you know that was the year we didn't have a lot of nibblies because we had learned those particular guests never ate the snacks because they were saving themselves for the feast!

~~~

Question:

What did Fuzzy Wuzzy wear after experiencing an identity crisis?

~~~

Oops! I obviously didn't read very carefully. The questions was about reusing gift bags! . . . Never mind!

Last edited by Blueberry; 11-25-2008 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: I have a slight problem with reading comprehension!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics