Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

What a difference a day makes, today it is almost 30 degrees colder than yesterday at this time

I am so glad it is Friday I am sure I am not alone in this

So today is Mr Karla's last day at work for the year, he goes on vacation until the 2nd. Since many of you have shared in the TP sculpture as well as the ladder family saga I thought it would be interesting to see what you guess in

Today's Question:

How many "to do projects" will I be able to "suggest" to Mr Karla before I hear "don't you have a meeting or something to go to" ?

Bonus Question:

In honor of National Poinsettia Day is there a Poinsettia in your house ?

What is your favorite color Poinsettia ?

Have you ever tried the cutting it back putting it in a dark closet and getting it to grow again the next year ?

Was it a successful project ?

Extra credit Question:

How many of our CD family will be making Christmas cookies ?

How many of our CD family will eat above mentioned cookies before Christmas and have to make more ?

lol may have to go back to the Halloween thread to see if the same folks that had to rebuy candy are on the re-make cookie list

Today in History:
December 12, 1899 - George Grant of Boston, MA patented the golf tee. Fore!
December 12, 1917 - In Nebraska, Father Edward J. Flanagan founds Boys Town.
December 12, 1946 Tide detergent introduced
December 12, 1964 Shooting starts for "Star Trek" pilot

Word of the Day:
hebetude
\HEB-uh-tood\ noun
lethargy, dullness

Today is:
National Cocoa Day
and
National Ambrosia Day
and
National Poinsettia Day
it is also
National Ding-A-Ling Day

Today's Fun Facts:
Soda Can Tabs
1 tab = 1 inch
12 tabs = 1 foot
1552 tabs = 1 pound
63.360 tabs = 1 mile
The tab was invented in 1962
It takes approx 154 tabs to cover a 8x11 sheet of paper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 07:17 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,149,330 times
I'll put the over/under at 7 projects for Mr. Karla, unless they are all small projects then I'll up it to 10. Hmmmm, what does Vegas have on this? (How funny would that be if they had Mr. Karla's project threshold up there along with all the sports bets!)

No Poinsettia here, I like red ones. I don't think we have ever had a Poinsettia in the house.

Christmas cookies are being made this weekend. I have been informed that "only" six kinds are being made, along with all the other candies and treats that are being made. I'm sure some cookies will be ate before Christmas, but I'm thinking there will still be plenty around.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:17 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,044,320 times
How many of our CD family will be making Christmas cookies?

This weekend, the house turns into a cookie factory. My daughter comes up with her supplies and equipment and adds what she has to what my wife and I have already assembled and we turn out all varieties of cookies by the hundreds. Sunday afternoon we package them all up for their various recipients and we give them out on next Monday. In prior years, I was always the unofficial official taster, but being under "diet conditions" this year will make it quite a challenge.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:24 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
How many of our CD family will be making Christmas cookies?

This weekend, the house turns into a cookie factory. My daughter comes up with her supplies and equipment and adds what she has to what my wife and I have already assembled and we turn out all varieties of cookies by the hundreds. Sunday afternoon we package them all up for their various recipients and we give them out on next Monday. In prior years, I was always the unofficial official taster, but being under "diet conditions" this year will make it quite a challenge.

It would be a great sacrifice but I would stand in for you as taster.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:34 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Today's Question:

How many "to do projects" will I be able to "suggest" to Mr Karla before I hear "don't you have a meeting or something to go to" ?
Make him a "honey do" list and let the poor man rest and choose to do when he pleases.

Bonus Question:

In honor of National Poinsettia Day is there a Poinsettia in your house ? No.

What is your favorite color Poinsettia ? White

Have you ever tried the cutting it back putting it in a dark closet and getting it to grow again the next year ?
Kept one all Summer once. It got too big to come back inside, so it froze.

Was it a successful project ? It grew fine all Summer, so I guess it was almost successful. Maybe it was too successful. If it had been smaller, I could have kept it.

Extra credit Question:

I have decided my talent is in shopping for cookies and candy. Remember my Dollar General trip. I am cookie and candy challenged. Every time I attempt it, I swear, "never again." Then I forget.

How many of our CD family will eat above mentioned cookies before Christmas and have to make more ?
I think I have enough to last.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:37 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
TGIF!
I'm guessing Mr. Karla is a kind and generous man and will do up to nine projects for Karla and "the kids" during this holiday vacation.
No pointsettias this year. I have forced amarylis to grow by keeping it in a bag under the sink. Yes it was a success.
I don't bake cookies, MIL does a great job.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:42 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,719 times
How many "to do projects" will I be able to "suggest" to Mr Karla before I hear "don't you have a meeting or something to go to" ? 2

Bonus Question:

In honor of National Poinsettia Day is there a Poinsettia in your house ? not this year

What is your favorite color Poinsettia ? red

Have you ever tried the cutting it back putting it in a dark closet and getting it to grow again the next year ? We had a pointsetta for 8 years,it would not die.When we moved here we decided not to bring it with us,it grew like crazy but also was constantly shedding leaves.

Was it a successful project ? Ours wasn't in a closet....lol

Extra credit Question:

How many of our CD family will be making Christmas cookies ? not me

How many of our CD family will eat above mentioned cookies before Christmas and have to make more ? I would if I had them

Old 12-12-2008, 07:44 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,675,600 times
Good Morning Friends

Today's Question:

Since it is the Holiday season...15 small projects or 10 of the more physically intense.

Bonus Question:

No; my cat would just have to see if it tastes good and those are poisionous to pets

I love the pink/white ones.

In the past yes,

Was it a successful project ?

Never,

Extra credit Question:

Maybe...if I'm in the mood. There will only be DH and myself. Maybe our dear buddy as well. BUT I did purchase our Christmas ham.

If they are made they would be gone the same eveningDH and buddy are my cookie monsters

Old 12-12-2008, 07:46 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,785,246 times

I've noticed that suggesting more than three projects leads to eyes glazing over and nothing much getting finished! I like to act like there is only one little task .......

In honor of National Poinsettia Day is there a Poinsettia in your house ? No, I just got this house cleaned after being closed up for three months. I may get one today when I go to town.

What is your favorite color Poinsettia ? Red

Have you ever tried the cutting it back putting it in a dark closet and getting it to grow again the next year ? Several years ago I tried this several times with limited success.

Was it a successful project ? A couple of times everything flowed beautifully for the plant and other times it was just another way to kill it!

How many of our CD family will be making Christmas cookies ? The Grandkids and I love to make cookies together.

We really make alot of cookies! We make Santa special cookies so we never eat them. There are those that try to tell us the parents are really Santa BUT we know the secret! The better the cookie - the more happiness is wrapped around our homes.

A school many years ago - when you got tabs on alot of drinks - wanted to show what a million looked like! That chain went everywhere.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:46 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,497,140 times
Today's Question:

Good luck. Do these projects require power toolS?

Bonus Question:

only silk.
I've got some very pretty purple silk ones, with glitter
That works with cactuses, but I'm not sure about poinsettias.......
Extra credit Question:

Only if Santa delivers my new stove early. (It's at the top of my list)

That always happened, when my teenagers were home!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics