Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 06:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
Woo hoo !!!! tomorrow is the weekend
Our special guest poster AliceT will be covering the ? for me this weekend.
I have no special plans just going to be bebopping around and sleeping late.

Jack Frost paid a visit last night everything was covered with a think layer of frost even the sheets that were covering the plants are all sparkly.
lol I am so looking forward to the 70 temp coming next week.

So before I head out to the frost land to see how much froze
Lets ask

Today's Question(s):

lol OK did any of you check and remove any extra or un-needed keys from your key ring after yesterdays ?

Bonus Question:

Anything in particular you are allergic to ?

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of "food check out day", what would you say your average weekly food bill is ?

Just for fun:

Last time you had Bubble Gum ?

How many "Smiths" do you know ?

Today in History:
1869 Harper's Weekly publishes 1st picture of Uncle Sam with chin whiskers
1935 Monopoly board game goes on sale for 1st time
1943 Singer Frank Sinatra debuts on radio's "Your Hit Parade"
1990 Steve Briers of Wales recited the entire lyrics of Queen's album "A Night At The Opera" in 9 minutes and 58.44 seconds backwards!

Word of the Day:

erstwhile \URST-hwahyl\, adjective, adverb;
Also used as an adverb, meaning formerly.:
former

Today is:
Food Checkout Day
Nutella Day
Bubble Gum Day
National Shortbread Day
National Smith Day
Pay a Compliment Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 07:03 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Today's Question(s):

lol OK did any of you check and remove any extra or un-needed keys from your key ring after yesterdays ? Found some I was not sure of, but won't remove anything until I know for sure they are not needed.

Bonus Question:

Anything in particular you are allergic to ? Smoke, grasses, oak, bee stings, mold, cats, dogs, anything but pure clean air. Little less allergic to fire ants since 25 got me and I did not die.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of "food check out day", what would you say your average weekly food bill is ? It is between $100 and $200. I will go look at my computer in a minute. Don't want to lose my groceries. LOL

Fact: Our computer says we averaged $123 per week on groceries last year, but sometimes I get money at the bank and buy small purchases and that does not include meals out which we don't do a lot. We eat most of our meals at home. So my first answer was correct.

Just for fun:

Last time you had Bubble Gum ? Before capped teeth

How many "Smiths" do you know ? We used to know several but here we have more Helms, Greenes, Baucoms, Howeys and Howies, Starnes, Tysons, Broomes, Belks, Parkers, etc. I can't think of one Smith at the moment.

Last edited by NCN; 02-06-2009 at 07:29 AM..

Old 02-06-2009, 07:06 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
How many "Smiths" do you know?

Let's see, there's Granny Smith apples, Snuffy Smith (from the Barnie Google cartoons), Smith and Wesson, Smith and Wollensky steakhouse, Smith College, Smith who sang "Baby It's You" in 1969, Smith County - Texas, Nevada Smith (movie with Steve McQueen), Smith Barney, Smith Stadium (in Sarasota, Fla) and the ever popular poem, "Under a spreading chestnut-tree, the village smithy stands."

Old 02-06-2009, 07:12 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
Mango, but only if it touches the area around my mouth! I can eat it as long as I am neat and tidy (no chewing on the seed)

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of "food check out day", what would you say your average weekly food bill is ?
Not sure, has gone up, though. So hard to determine as I shop at wholesale clubs where I purchase lots of non food items at the same time as the food.
I would say $125-150, total ballpark estimate. But I could stop shopping tomorrow and live on stock in the house w/supplemental $30 for milk and bread and eggs for probably a month or more

Just for fun:

it's been months, and even then it's probably because one of my kids insisted I share a piece w/them. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Not even one!!!

In honor of Pay a Compliment Day, I would like to say that Karla, you have a great imagination to keep coming up with all these questions every day!!

And I love Nutella and shortbread! Yum....

Old 02-06-2009, 07:15 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
How many "Smiths" do you know?

Let's see, there's Granny Smith apples, Snuffy Smith (from the Barnie Google cartoons), Smith and Wesson, Smith and Wollensky steakhouse, Smith College, Smith who sang "Baby It's You" in 1969, Smith County - Texas, Nevada Smith (movie with Steve McQueen), Smith Barney, Smith Stadium (in Sarasota, Fla) and the ever popular poem, "Under a spreading chestnut-tree, the village smithy stands."
How could you neglect to mention the Smithsonian?

Old 02-06-2009, 07:32 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,672 times
Ok, for my answers

Today's Question(s):

lol OK did any of you check and remove any extra or un-needed keys from your key ring after yesterdays ?
No.

Bonus Question:

Oh yes. Pollen (spring and autumn are miserable for me), cats (no loss, since I don't like them anyway) and bee stings. I used to tell people I was "allergic" to dogs to avoid hurting pet-owner feelings (I don't like dogs either, but dog people often don't understand that).

Extra Credit Question:

Much higher than it ever was. Anytime $75 in groceries can fit in one bag...

Just for fun:

I'm a perpetual bubbler! Love the stuff! I take care, however, not to be obnoxious with it. When I'm around others, there is no popping, cracking or bubble blowing (when I'm alone however, it's a gloriously different story). And of course, I dispose of it properly. Never on the street or under a table (ick!).

My list is pretty much the same as Charley's .
Today is:
Food Checkout Day
Nutella Day -- As much as people rave about this stuff, I've never gotten the nerve to try it.
Bubble Gum Day -- YAY!!!! Official recognition! Of course, for me, EVERYday is Bubblegum day!
National Shortbread Day
National Smith Day
Pay a Compliment Day -- You look MAH-vluss!

Old 02-06-2009, 07:39 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
No, didn't check out any keys, but plan to ask my husband about one.

I'm allergic to some types of cooking oil and a lot of pollen!

I don't think I actually know any "Smiths" personally right now. I had a crush on a Mark Smith in junior high. So I know I have known some in the past.

Don't know what my weekly food bill is. Not sure I WANT to know either!

I can't remember the last time I had bubble gum. I'm not much of a gum-chewer in general.

National Compliment Day:
Karla, you really do an excellent job here with these questions! And you other guys and gals are very consistent about giving some entertaining answers!

Old 02-06-2009, 07:43 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
Today's Question(s):

lol OK did any of you check and remove any extra or un-needed keys from your key ring after yesterdays ? Nah...couldn't get rid of the truck keys either darn it!
Bonus Question:

Anything in particular you are allergic to ? Colophony.....look at the ingredients of your toner....I can't have my printer on my desk. I have a bunch of other ones too, but that's the funniest.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of "food check out day", what would you say your average weekly food bill is ? $100.00 give or take a couple hundred.

Just for fun:

Last time you had Bubble Gum ? Never was a big fan of bubble gum.
How many "Smiths" do you know ? Sadly 4 too many.....my brother's inlaws. Don't get me started.

1990 Steve Briers of Wales recited the entire lyrics of Queen's album "A Night At The Opera" in 9 minutes and 58.44 seconds backwards! I think he had too much time on his hands.

Today is:
Food Checkout Day
National Shortbread Day-my favorite cookie!!!
National Smith Day-grrrrrr
Pay a Compliment Day-Karla thinks up great questions!!!

I learned something this morning....you northerners will laugh.....when it's below freezing, you don't turn on your windshield wiper fluid......I'm just saying. Ok give me a break....it's been 25 years since I live farther north than Orlando. I had a good laugh at myself!

Old 02-06-2009, 07:52 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Today's Question(s):

lol OK did any of you check and remove any extra or un-needed keys from your key ring after yesterdays ? ~ none were on the ring

Bonus Question:

Anything in particular you are allergic to ? ~ flowers, trees, blossoms, perfume, dust, mold, new car smell, and hard work at my age.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of "food check out day", what would you say your average weekly food bill is ? ~ that’s a hard one to figure out, I’ve got to check into this one.

Just for fun:

Last time you had Bubble Gum ? ~ too many years ago.

How many "Smiths" do you know ? ~ actually none.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:55 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:

Extra Credit Question:

Just for fun:

I dont really have any un-needed keys, there are only 2, and the 3rd is detatchable.
As far as I know, no allergies here. I get my morning routine of sneezles every day but today I feel a bit more, probably picked up something from work. Actually I used to sneeze a lot more on a daily basis back in Az, all that dry dust out on the jobsites. Rafter dust, dry dusty breezes. I didnt have the luxury of working in an air-conditioned building.
Our average food bill is probably about 100 bucks, but there are 5 of us and we try to eat cheap during the week.
I love bubble gum and its been probably a couple of days!
I have a few friends with the last name of Smith. Not related though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics