Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 09:14 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,983,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I purchased two toilets. One a full-skirted toilet with soft-close seat to encourage those who leave the seat up to put it down!!!. It has a powerful duel flushing system and I like that. It is a very nice standard toilet. However, I out did myself or either the salesman out did himself- I also bought a state of the art electric toilet with all the bells and whistles. U can operate the toilet by remote, it vibrates I am not sure why, the seat is always warm and soft-close and of course Automatic flushing. And yes there is a front and back cleaning option. Wow... I am totally excited. I can't wait for the install.
Inquisitive minds want to know. You gotta tell us more about that toilet. With all the bells and whistles it sounds like something that would be too difficult for me to operate myself without instructions being handy. First ,,,,,, if you can operate the toilet by remote ~ you might be too far away from it to work correctly. I’m use to sitting right there with the toilet. Next if it vibrates, would there be a chance that I’d fall off of it? this could be a real problem. And last,,, with the front and back cleaning option ~ are you saying the toilet is self cleaning? Or is this option helping the “customer” using it? My guess ,,,,, I’d push the wrong button on the control and clean the wrong parts?

I’ve gotta get out more,,,, I’ve never seen or heard of these new things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 02:56 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,368,714 times
I will give u the specs later AKsarben... I got to run immediately. But definitely I will go into more details.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:01 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,429,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I purchased two toilets. One a full-skirted toilet with soft-close seat to encourage those who leave the seat up to put it down!!!. It has a powerful duel flushing system and I like that. It is a very nice standard toilet. However, I out did myself or either the salesman out did himself- I also bought a state of the art electric toilet with all the bells and whistles. U can operate the toilet by remote, it vibrates I am not sure why, the seat is always warm and soft-close and of course Automatic flushing. And yes there is a front and back cleaning option. Wow... I am totally excited. I can't wait for the install.
My gosh....if you install a computer port in the bathroom....you can live in there!!

Old 03-30-2010, 04:35 PM

^^ That and a built in coffee maker

Old 04-01-2010, 04:30 PM

Thumbs up Doctor had very good news!

This morning Mrs Aks was able to have some GI tests run at the hospital outpatient surgery. The doctor was pleased that everything went well and no issues or concerns to deal with, next checkup in five years again. Yay,,,, Both Mrs and I were happy with the very attentive and helpful staff there were there, we couldn’t have asked for anything better, the people were outstanding.

[I was a little disappointed that I couldn’t have a cup of McD’s coffee for a longer period of time. It just wouldn’t be fare to drink it and have her see me enjoying the start of the day. ]

Old 04-01-2010, 05:15 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,749,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
This morning Mrs Aks was able to have some GI tests run at the hospital outpatient surgery. The doctor was pleased that everything went well and no issues or concerns to deal with, next checkup in five years again. Yay,,,, Both Mrs and I were happy with the very attentive and helpful staff there were there, we couldn?t have asked for anything better, the people were outstanding.

[I was a little disappointed that I couldn?t have a cup of McD?s coffee for a longer period of time. It just wouldn?t be fare to drink it and have her see me enjoying the start of the day. ]
Glad to hear the tests came back ok for your wife. Both of you must be so relieved.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:34 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,055,719 times
Quote:
This morning Mrs Aks was able to have some GI tests run at the hospital outpatient surgery. The doctor was pleased that everything went well and no issues or concerns to deal with, next checkup in five years again. Yay,,,, Both Mrs and I were happy with the very attentive and helpful staff there were there, we couldn’t have asked for anything better, the people were outstanding.

[I was a little disappointed that I couldn’t have a cup of McD’s coffee for a longer period of time. It just wouldn’t be fare to drink it and have her see me enjoying the start of the day. ]
Good news! 5 years! She obviously does have a good DR. Here they pressure you to come much more frequently. I think her Dr. is realistic.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:47 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,573,258 times
I saw my little 3-legged squirrel buddy that hasn't been around in a few weeks. He's looking a little skinny, but got plenty to eat (and stash!) today!

Old 04-02-2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Inquisitive minds want to know. You gotta tell us more about that toilet. With all the bells and whistles it sounds like something that would be too difficult for me to operate myself without instructions being handy. First ,,,,,, if you can operate the toilet by remote ~ you might be too far away from it to work correctly. I’m use to sitting right there with the toilet. Next if it vibrates, would there be a chance that I’d fall off of it? this could be a real problem. And last,,, with the front and back cleaning option ~ are you saying the toilet is self cleaning? Or is this option helping the “customer” using it? My guess ,,,,, I’d push the wrong button on the control and clean the wrong parts?

I’ve gotta get out more,,,, I’ve never seen or heard of these new things.
Operating instruction I think will be necessary at first and I think the remote may come in handy for times when u r not sure and u want to flush before company uses R maybe u just feel like flushing with a remote. U do bring up an interesting point- Where should I keep the remote? And u can always flush manually. I imagine it is like the TV remote- u don't just need it to change the station. I have no idea about the vibration thing, but I think it is only the seat and it is suppose to be a "for ur comfort feature." U know massage out any pain in the *ss The customer can opt for cleaning his or her parts- I think it's called a bidet. However, that maybe a little weird and out of your comfort zone and mine too, but I guess the option to allow people to stretch themselves is a good one. As long as u keep both ends down u probably won't was the wrong thing. Hey if u would have been with me I am sure I would have told that salesmen exactly what to do with that toilet. U got me thinking I may need something a little more straight forward too.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:54 AM

Now this is my good news of today. I have a fancy gala to attend on Saturday. I have been nervous and dreading it for weeks because it is with a group of folk who r way more fancy than I. I am simple, but obligated to hob-nob. I bought a formal dress months ago, but after trying it again I didn't like it. Well my son hated it. He thought it was too revealing and he wanted something more conservative for his mother. Well me too. The store's policy is no return after 30 days, but I took the dress back anyway, explained my situation and probably because I do a lot of shopping there, I was allowed to return the dress. And I found a very beautiful, complimentary, conservative evening gown. The kicker is I already have the matching shoes I bought a long time ago because I liked, but had nothing to match. Now I do and that is totally good news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics