Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 01:43 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,528,951 times

Advertisements

Before DS and all got here yesterday, they stopped at both Woodcraft stores they came to and picked up almost all the pen turning supplies I was planning to get on sale, so we didn't have to go after they got here, which meant that much more time to spend with them. Didn't have to leave the grandson with "Grandma" while we went shopping. They are staying until after I have some medical stuff done tomorrow, so one more afternoon and evening to enjoy their company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 05:46 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,300,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
But you didn't have to deal with teenagers!
That was a big plus, Mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Before DS and all got here yesterday, they stopped at both Woodcraft stores they came to and picked up almost all the pen turning supplies I was planning to get on sale, so we didn't have to go after they got here, which meant that much more time to spend with them. Didn't have to leave the grandson with "Grandma" while we went shopping. They are staying until after I have some medical stuff done tomorrow, so one more afternoon and evening to enjoy their company.
Best of luck with your medical stuff, rrtech.

I have a dear friend who is currently in hospice. I've been tossing and turning all night, wondering how to deal with a situation with her DH. Well, I managed to have a real, heart to heart talk with him this afternoon without his getting all worked up and defensive. I feel better; he knows how I feel and, even tho I'm not sure I got thru to him, I'll be able to sleep at night.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:26 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,956,619 times
Thumbs up leftovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Polish Festival in Arizona - Free Admission

Mrs. Aks & I found out last night that Our Lady of Czestochowa Parish in north Phoenix was having a festival this weekend. So today we made a point to drive over to the area and enjoy the music, dance, and wonderful foods they had. It was very special homemade specialties that you just don’t find these days. You’ll see some great items on the menu of the link that I’ve included.

Now that we know where this place is we’ll be making a visit every year around this time. I think they also have a festival in the fall as well so I might check into it a little more. Today was a perfect day for being outside enjoying the sun and the warm weather and this was the spot to do it at.

Polish Festival in Arizona - Food
We enjoyed leftovers from the festival again today. Before we left yesterday we bought more food items & meals to bring home and enjoy later. However later never came and we enjoyed the food today instead of freezing stuff for later.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:43 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,764,250 times
My good news for today if that I am going to be a Grandma for the third time!!!! Life is good.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 PM

Mrs Aks had to get a root-canal done this afternoon and everything went well. Next week they’ll put a new crown or cap on the tooth and she’ll be as good as new,,,,, well almost ~ anyway.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:00 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,528,951 times
Actually it's been more than just today. I had a stress test back in January and the results came back excellent, but something just didn't seem right. The cardiologist scheduled me for a heart cath for last Monday. When it was done, they wouldn't let me go home, but scheduled a triple bypass for Wednesday morning. Today they said I will likely be going home tomorrow. So thankful for the surgeons skills.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:07 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,414,309 times
Glad the surgery went good. Hope you're feeling better.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:08 AM

I was able to plant some new bushes in the backyard yesterday. Warm sunny day made the job a little easier however it's always warm and sunny here. lol Mrs. Aks thought they looked good where I dug holes so I don't need to move them today thank goodness.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:05 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,300,354 times
RRTech...glad to hear everything went well. Take care of yourself, alright?

Old 03-14-2011, 08:49 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,357,787 times
I gave someone a message I had saved for over a year and they seem to get closure for what was ailing them. I was released from whatever debt I owed. Now I feel lifted emotionally and that's a good thing to have happen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics