Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 07:55 AM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,746,310 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone, hope you all have a great day!!

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you wore a name tag ?

I need to wear one whenever I go into a Federal building..so, it was one day last week the last time I wore one!

Have you ever forgotten to take it off before throwing your shirt in the wash ?
No, as soon as I leave the building I need to remove it, I am not allowed to wear it around the general public in the outside world. So in a way is good or else I would probably forget it and wash it.

Bonus Question:

Is there anything in your freezer or pantry that you have so much of, that you won't have to buy it for awhile ?

umm, No

Extra Credit Question:

The "Royalty Fairy" is going to bestow upon you a Royal Title for the day

Which title would you chose ?

I guess I would have to say, The Queen of the Sick & Perpetual help.

Just for Fun:

Cheese Doodles yay or nay

crunchy
or
puffy .............yay...I love puffy cheese doodles!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 08:02 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
We wore name tags about 1 year ago at Dh's retirement reunion party and will do it again in April. Fun group. In 1993 his company had an enhanced early retirement and about 30 men and a few women in this area retired at the same time. We get together at least once a year and some groups meet every month. They are now scattered all over the USA, but they love to come back to this gathering.

Mr. VA says we have too much salt, but I say you can't have too much salt.

Grandma is title enough for me. My grandchildren are so cute and smart and they love me so much.

Love cheetos and I prefer them hard but if not available soft is all right too. My grandchildren love these too.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:11 AM

797 posts, read 2,992,529 times
Today's Question(s):

Last Friday for a CARE group meeting we hosted in our home.

not yet

Bonus Question:

Is there anything in your freezer or pantry that you have so much of, that you won't have to buy it for awhile ?

Instant oatmeal, (regular/plain) we have about 100 packets of it. Everybody eats the other flavors and then I buy more. I've been trying to figure out the best way to use up all the plain stuff, making cookies is all I've been able to come up with so far.

Extra Credit Question:

I like ECG1951's... The Queen of the Sick & Perpetual Help, however The Queen of DIY would fit nicely too.

Just for Fun:

crunchy
or
puffy .....

Nay! I'm allergic to cheese, but before I knew it I loved Cheesypoofs!

Old 03-05-2009, 08:22 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
One more day 'til the weekend, Y'all (well, hopefully it is for you)
Hope the weather's getting better where you are, too!
Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you wore a name tag ? Have you forgotten to take it off before throwing your shirt in the wash?
Wore nametags on my USAF uniforms until '96. The uniforms I wore most of the time had a sewd-on name tag. But when I wore blues, there was a danger of me washing my nametag. And I think I did a couple of times over the years... Current employer requires an entry badge to our facility.

Bonus Question:

We get regular "care packages" from German friends and relatives, so we stay WELL stocked on alcoholic candy, sauce mixes and other food ingredients. (And I have the physique to prove it!)

Extra Credit Question:

The "Royalty Fairy" is going to bestow upon you a Royal Title for the day. Which title would you choose? "King of the Right Hand Lane"

Just for Fun:

Cheese Doodles yay or nay? YOU BETCHA!

crunchy- 1st choice
or
puffy - Heck, I'll eat them too!

Old 03-05-2009, 08:24 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,675,247 times
Today's Question(s):

Last year in the race track booth at a trade show

NO, that's why I married Mrs D

Bonus Question:

I buy stick pretzels 10 tubs at a time and keep them in the freezer. That lasts about 6 mos. I'm about half way thru.

Extra Credit Question:

CEO of Microsoft. Don't call me today I'll be busy signing checks.

Just for Fun:

crunchy
or
puffy

Both

Today in History:
1836 Samuel Colt manufactures 1st pistol, 34-caliber "Texas" model
1872 George Westinghouse, Jr. patents triple air brake for trains which are also especially important to this day for big trucks, buses and amusement park rides. If AIR=WIND I believe that it could be said that George got a patent for braking wind Did it involve any finger pulling.
1900 American Hall of Fame founded
1934 Mother-in-law's day 1st celebrated (Amarillo, Texas)

Word of the Day:
parry \PAR-ee\, verb, noun:
1. to ward off; turn aside

Today is:
National Cheese Doodle Day
Nametag Day
Dr. Doolittle Day
Mother - in - Law Day
Namesake Day

Have a great day everyone[/quote]

Old 03-05-2009, 08:29 AM

23,017 posts, read 34,387,993 times
I haven't worn a name tag in years and never forgot to take one off. Like Charley I have a lot of chicken breast in the freezer. I don't need the Royalty Fairy, my name means Princess

Old 03-05-2009, 08:56 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Today's Question(s):

Just for Fun:

crunchy
or
puffy

Last time I wore a name tag was at work last night, but we dont take our vests home so its still in my locker.
Actually, I need to have another tag made, since a couple of my buddies at work started calling me 'Wonder Woman'. Dont ask!!
Cheese Doodles?? I love the puffy ones!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:41 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,609,504 times
OK Karla, I expect you to give us the directions for making a 2-liter soda bottle terrarium with pictures some time very soon! Sounds like a fun way to get some local kids interested in gardening!

It's been more than a decade

Ha
ve you ever forgotten to take it off before throwing your shirt in the wash ?
Sounds like me. I forget to take off brooches and other adornments, too.

Whole Turkeys. I believe there are three that are over 20# each in my freezer.
You might think liquor, too, but my collection seems a bit short right now - see pic:

Most folks would also say I am well stocked on canned tuna, but that's not true. I have two cases and I'm not comfortable unless I have 6 cases in the house. Must be an OCD thing.

YAY!

crunchy YES!
orpuffy YES!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:45 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,292,275 times
When was the last time you wore a name tag ? Monday actually

Have you ever forgotten to take it off before throwing your shirt in the wash ? I'm guilty

Bonus Question:

Is there anything in your freezer or pantry that you have so much of, that you won't have to buy it for awhile ? Oh yeah, I seem to have alot of seafood,cereal and coffee.

Extra Credit Question:

Which title would you chose ? Carribean Queen works for me.

Just for Fun:

Cheese Doodles yay or nay eh

crunchy
or
puffy puffy

Old 03-05-2009, 09:47 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Last time I wore a name tag was at work last night, but we dont take our vests home so its still in my locker.
Actually, I need to have another tag made, since a couple of my buddies at work started calling me 'Wonder Woman'. Dont ask!!
I always Wondered about you.... so that might be the reason...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics