Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 05:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,202,783 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday
Really really rushing this morning
We are doing plant propagation at school today and I have to go out in the garage and turn on the band saw and cut the tops off of 42 2 liter soda bottles that we are going to use as "terrariums" for the plant cuttings and seeds.
I wish the idea of using the band saw came to me earlier this week instead of last night
rofl I am hoping this idea will work

So lets jump right in with

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you wore a name tag ?

Have you ever forgotten to take it off before throwing your shirt in the wash ?

Bonus Question:

Is there anything in your freezer or pantry that you have so much of, that you won't have to buy it for awhile ?

Extra Credit Question:

The "Royalty Fairy" is going to bestow upon you a Royal Title for the day

Which title would you chose ?

Just for Fun:

Cheese Doodles yay or nay

crunchy
or
puffy

Today in History:
1836 Samuel Colt manufactures 1st pistol, 34-caliber "Texas" model
1872 George Westinghouse, Jr. patents triple air brake for trains which are also especially important to this day for big trucks, buses and amusement park rides.
1900 American Hall of Fame founded
1934 Mother-in-law's day 1st celebrated (Amarillo, Texas)

Word of the Day:
parry \PAR-ee\, verb, noun:
1. to ward off; turn aside

Today is:
National Cheese Doodle Day
Nametag Day
Dr. Doolittle Day
Mother - in - Law Day
Namesake Day

Have a great day everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 05:41 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,704,945 times
When was the last time you wore a name tag ? about a month ago at a red hat luncheon. I"m nutty nana. LOL!!

Have you ever forgotten to take it off before throwing your shirt in the wash ? No.......not yet anyway.

Bonus Question:

Is there anything in your freezer or pantry that you have so much of, that you won't have to buy it for awhile ? Not at this time but certainly in the past. I think it was powdered sugar. I was making cookies and bought a bunch of powedered sugar only to be pointed out by my daughter I already had 5 boxes.

Extra Credit Question:

Which title would you chose ? queen nana for a day

Just for Fun:

Cheese Doodles yay or nay definately a double YAY!!

crunchy
or
puffy [/b]
both. sometimes you feel puffy and other times crunch.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:45 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,797,097 times
Yes it will.... watch your thumbs...!!

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you wore a name tag ? couple years ago at beekeepers convention..

Have you ever forgotten to take it off before throwing your shirt in the wash ? not me

Is there anything in your freezer or pantry that you have so much of, that you won't have to buy it for awhile ? ice cubes

Which title would you chose ? Duke sounds good... as long as its not "Queen"

Just for Fun:

crunchy
or
puffy

Today in History:
1836 Samuel Colt manufactures 1st pistol, 34-caliber "Texas" model
1872 George Westinghouse, Jr. patents triple air brake for trains which are also especially important to this day for big trucks, buses and amusement park rides.
1900 American Hall of Fame founded
1934 Mother-in-law's day 1st celebrated (Amarillo, Texas)

Today is:
Nametag Day
Dr. Doolittle Day
Mother - in - Law Day -mine just passed last Wed..
Namesake Day

Cheers

Old 03-05-2009, 06:12 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,074,813 times

It's been a long time. When I worked I had to wear an ID tag, but that was more than five years ago.

Nope. Took it off my shirt or jacket, popped it into my briefcase and called it a day.

Is there anything in your freezer or pantry that you have so much of, that you won't have to buy it for awhile ?

We won't need to buy boneless chicken breasts for a while. We found family packs at $1.69 a pound and bought a bunch of them.

YAY!!!!

I think I'll have to celebrate this today.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:17 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,365,325 times
Today's Question(s):

I wear one at work. We have a pretty large office - close to 100 people work on my floor - and it's expected that we'll do each other the courtesy of being identifiable. They're not those security badges that a lot of places use, or at least not yet. Knowing our senior execs, I suspect they'll resist going down that path as long as they possibly can. Which is one of the reasons I like working there.

No, but there's been a time or two I've forgotten to take it off before leaving for the day. I can always count on my spouse to say something smart-a$$ed like "oh, hi, I'm pleased to meet you, Midwestern" if I wear it home.

Bonus Question:

Oh, very yes! Spouse loves to garden, and about three years ago he had a spectacularly successful harvest of goats-horn Cayenne peppers. They are really hot, at least for Wisconsin, and he must have gotten a couple hundred off the four plants he had. We strung them on heavy-duty thread and hung them up in the basement to dry, and there are still at least four strings down there waiting to be included in soups or stews.

Extra Credit Question:

Queen of Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations, because that's what I'm doing all this week and next.

Just for Fun:

crunchy
or
puffy

Ick. Just plain ick.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:18 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,679,756 times
Good Morning Lovely People one and ALL

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you wore a name tag ? When I wored in a hospital back east in 2003.

Have you ever forgotten to take it off before throwing your shirt in the wash ? Heck No,it was punch time clock>>>head to exit>>>walkig to car while remove name tag

Bonus Question:

Is there anything in your freezer or pantry that you have so much of, that you won't have to buy it for awhile ? Nope

Extra Credit Question:

The "Royalty Fairy" is going to bestow upon you a Royal Title for the day Dame maid sapphire-rose
Which title would you chose ? Queen for the week

Just for Fun:

Cheese Doodles yay or nay cheetos doodles I can take or leave

crunchy
or
puffy

Today is:
Nametag Day
Dr. Doolittle Day
Mother - in - Law Day never got to meet mine sounds like she was an awsome lady.

Namesake Day

Old 03-05-2009, 06:19 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,258,464 times
Hi folks! Karla did you get your door on this time?

Back in the wild wild west it said "Sheriff"

Have you ever forgotten to take it off before throwing your shirt in the wash?
You're supposed to pin those things to your shirt?

Bonus Question:

Flour in the freezer. Folks gave me 5# bags to make egg noodles for them.

Extra Credit Question:

I'm already royalty~~~I am a King's child!

Just for Fun:

Maybe once a year yay I can go for the crunchy.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:22 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,503,771 times
Sounds like a fun job. At least you came up with that plan "before" you cut all those bottles.

When was the last time you wore a name tag ? More than 10 years ago when I had a real job.

Have you ever forgotten to take it off before throwing your shirt in the wash ? I'm sure I did when I was very young was a waitress.

Oh yeah, funny. Have you seen my pantry and freezer? My pantry shelves just collapsed last week because I have so much food. My DH beefed the shelves up for me. My freezer is full to the brim. I could go at least 6 months without having to buy any food although I would miss eggs. I need some chickens.

None, too much protocol. I like my free life. Besides I am already "the Queen" of my world, lol.

Just for Fun:

Cheese Doodles yay or nay Oh yay, I like the "crunchy" ones. Makes my fingers orange.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:24 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,403,156 times
Default Today's Question

When was the last time you wore a name tag ? ...last year at my wifes class reunion

Have you ever forgotten to take it off before throwing your shirt in the wash ?... no it was off about 1 minute after I put it on

Bonus Question:

Is there anything in your freezer or pantry that you have so much of, that you won't have to buy it for awhile ? Soup, lots of soup

Extra Credit Question:

Which title would you chose ? i have no clue

Just for Fun:

Cheese Doodles yay or nay ...I'll say yay even though I'm not sure I've had them.

crunchy
or
puffy ..i would go with puffy

Old 03-05-2009, 06:35 AM

18,278 posts, read 26,018,740 times
When was the last time you wore a name tag? A new years eve party I went to a couple years ago.

Have you forgotten to take it off before throwing it in the wash. In this case- yep I forgot all right!

Is there anything in your freezer or pantry that you have so much of, that you won't have to buy it for a while? Yep, Progresso soup, bought it on sale again but at a dollar apiece.

The "Royalty Fairy" is going to bestow upon you a royal title for today. Which title would you choose? MOODY BLUES fan of the year!!

Cheese doodles. yay or Nay? YAY!

crunchy or puffy- I'll go with puffy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics