Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 08:58 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,355,572 times

Advertisements

Todd I am so sorry to hear you have a headache and I hope u feel better soon. Hang in there

And Anberlin and crazy world I think u guys r right, I too am wondering what is up. It reminded me of the Joy's Didja know where the guy got hit with a baby twice. LOL Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something. I wish it would tell me the winning lotto numbers to Mega Power Ball

Old 04-23-2011, 09:21 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,235,738 times
Sun Queen, Anberlin ToddOO,

The hubs will survive if I don't kill him first! Thanks for the reps.

SQ: and you didn't get his phone number?

Anberlin: there are better people out there. Stick to your principles.

ToddOO: take 2 each aspirin and tylenol with a strong cup of coffee. I get migraine's and that combo knocks them right out.

Ya'll have a nice Easter!

Old 04-23-2011, 09:47 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,006,248 times
I usually take excedrin and it has tylenol and aspirin in it, it also has 65 mg of caffeine per tab, so about like your recipe. But this one was sinus today, pollen was high. I'm amazed it got better last year I had so many sinus headaches. The anxiety problems I have are more the problem tonight. I have to make a trip back to the old family house on Monday, dont know how I'm gonna handle that one. Hope I can do it, I hate to put things off. Least its gonna be a rainy day, I do worse on sunny happy days when I have to go out.

Speaking of the lotto, have you ever read about the people that have won it and blown it all. Talk about stupid, and I cant believe some pple actually have sympathy for them. That guy that won the huge mega or powerball jackpot a couple yrs ago, it was over 300 million. He got 114 million, no he is broke. I'd spend most of it on helping strays and street kids, if I ever was that lucky. But imagine the odds. Better odds on the smaller 1 state only lotto's and smaller cash games. But still I'd have a better chance of growing wings, me thinks.

Easter, just another day here. Is that large white rabbit gonna be delivering Easter eggs to ya all?

Old 04-23-2011, 10:06 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,064,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post

Speaking of the lotto, have you ever read about the people that have won it and blown it all. Talk about stupid, and I cant believe some pple actually have sympathy for them. That guy that won the huge mega or powerball jackpot a couple yrs ago, it was over 300 million. He got 114 million, no he is broke. I'd spend most of it on helping strays and street kids, if I ever was that lucky. But imagine the odds. Better odds on the smaller 1 state only lotto's and smaller cash games. But still I'd have a better chance of growing wings, me thinks.
My theory is that folks who suddenly find themselves rich start going on a lavish spending spree thinking that the money will last. Then a year later, they get hit with a hefty tax bill as the lotto winnings are taxable ... Not that I feel sorry for them in any way but if people cannot manage their finances, having millions will not suddenly make them money-wise.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:47 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,006,248 times
But they take the taxes out before they get it. Its usually 40-50 percent right off the top for taxes. They are responsible for taxes on the interest it earns. I'm just surprised at people being broke after winning so much.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:14 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,355,572 times
Well guys all I can see is give me my chance to be the fool who ends up broke after winning the lotto

Pam don't kill your husband and I am glad he's alright. That guy was probably talking to some chick on his cell. And alas my days of acting on my carnal thoughts are over. Now that I really know where babies come and the one sure fire way to keep from having teenagers... well lets just say I want be getting in phone numbers.

Todd Easter is another day with an opportunity to think on how special humanity is in the large scheme of things. I hope u have a nice one.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:26 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,235,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I usually take excedrin and it has tylenol and aspirin in it, it also has 65 mg of caffeine per tab, so about like your recipe. But this one was sinus today, pollen was high. I'm amazed it got better last year I had so many sinus headaches. The anxiety problems I have are more the problem tonight. I have to make a trip back to the old family house on Monday, dont know how I'm gonna handle that one. Hope I can do it, I hate to put things off. Least its gonna be a rainy day, I do worse on sunny happy days when I have to go out.

Easter, just another day here. Is that large white rabbit gonna be delivering Easter eggs to ya all?
I feel for ya Honey! Sinus headaches are the worst! I have seasonal allergies too and can't spend much time indoors this time of year. Crops don't plant themselves.

As for the anxiety, sometimes you just have to cowboy up and get it over with. You seem like a strong person, you'll get thru this! Chin up!

Lotto? IDFTS. Statistically, I have a far better chance of finding buried treasure. If I ever did play and win, the first money I spend will be on a financial advisor. Then put a bunch in trust accounts for our kids and granddaughter, pay off bills, give to charity, buy the family new vehicle's, make a donation to the JROTC program at our high school , hire a housekeeper, and go have my nails done. I'm not a high maintainence kinda girl! Lol

Have a happy Easter!

Old 04-24-2011, 12:13 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,949,972 times
Lotteries are adding revenue to the states that have them. To me I think of them as a “voluntary” tax that I can pay or not. If we didn’t have them, the states would increase other taxes to make up the difference needed. It’s sad however that some people throw away a buck on a chance, however that’s they’re only way to get a little ahead. The buck isn’t doing them much good, but if it’s a winner ,,,,,,,,,,,, life could be better for them. It’s mainly a tax on the poor who try to do better.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:50 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,492,644 times
If I won 114 million dollars, I would live an upper middle class lifestyle and the money really would last for the rest of my life.

I wouldn't blow my money on stupid stuff, but I certainly wouldn't be living in poverty. And I admit I would treat myself to a nice car. I would have a custom house built for me. But it would be a small 1 bedroom house so relatively inexpensive. I'm never getting married and never having kids, so I would be the only person living there. I don't need much space. I'm one person.

Put another way: There are celebrities worth half that much and they live rich lifestyles without going bankrupt. And the average person doesn't see 114 million in their entire life, but they get by.

I'm not sure if I would stay in college. At this point, I might as well finish what I started. But if I won the lottery, I might lose the motivation to stay in college. One benefit of getting a college degree is I might be able to actually get a job I would enjoy in case I got bored and wanted something to do.

I'm never having kids, so money will go a lot further for me than it would for people with kids.

Last edited by city_data91; 04-24-2011 at 02:14 PM..

Old 04-24-2011, 01:59 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,492,644 times
In my state, the lottery money is used to pay the tuition of every college student that went to high school in this state. It's ridiculous. I'm in college but I didn't go to high school here, so I don't qualify. Other states don't have such a scholarship, so why should people in New Mexico be so entitled? If the scholarship was need based and/or a reward for good grades, it wouldn't be so bad. But the way it is, every student gets free tuition (including students with rich parents and average grades). Something is wrong with that picture. Not everyone can be lucky enough to go to high school here, so people shouldn't automatically get handed free tuition when they did nothing to deserve it. If it's gonna be that way, then every state might as well give free tuition.

When my mom bought a lottery ticket here, I said "You just paid an ungrateful student's tuition"

People complain that New Mexico is "behind" a lot of other states. Maybe if we put our lottery money to good use, we wouldn't be so "behind"

It just bothers me when people say they "got a scholarship" as if they earned it. No, you didn't earn it. It was handed to you just because you went to high school in this state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics