Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 04:46 PM

3,955 posts, read 2,573,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I booked a hotel stay (non-refundable) and less than 24 hours later, I got a 20% coupon that needs to be used by the end of the year. I called their 800 number and they could not help me as my reservation could not be modified. I'm already frustrated that I have to book the hotel stay to begin with but I need a safe place to sleep where I have access to public transit near my class next month. *sigh* A supervisor will get back to me within 48 hours!

Update: Spoke with a rep from the actual hotel and she advised me that the 20% discount was based upon a higher rate and would have cost me a few dollars more than what I paid for my reservation ... Oh well .... I was hoping to save a few bucks but alas, not meant to be
So sorry for your frustration! Coupons are sometimes not what they seem. The 20% of a higher rate? Crazy. Next time use a different hotel- for your sake, not theirs! I feel for you.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:49 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftmyheartintennessee View Post
Not having a very good day. Been having a problem with my eye swelling up over the weekend. Couldn't get in to see a doctor unless I went to emergency room. Not serious enough for that so waited until today to
get it looked at. Doesn't seem to be anything more than some kind of rash, don't know what caused it. Spent $66.00 for the office visit and another $20.00 for the ointment. Let's hope the ointment takes care of the problem, otherwise it's back to the clinic again.
Didn't even see the dr. himself but the APN.
Sorry to hear about your eye swelling up ... Hope it recovers quickly. Did they say what may have caused it to swell up?

Old 11-14-2011, 06:40 PM

866 posts, read 1,137,427 times
WILD FLOWER: Thank you for your concern.I hope it clears up quickly too!

CHATTERESS: No idea, haven't been outside to get into anything. I think it's an insect bite. Felt something crawling on my face one night last week, brushed it off and didn't think anything of it until I noticed the red mark the next day. Just hope it's not a spider bite.
We have brown recluse here and they can cause some serious damage.
Just say a prayer it's not that, please...

Old 11-15-2011, 03:58 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
paying cell phone overages

Old 11-15-2011, 07:27 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
paying cell phone overages
That sucks. I pay a little more for alot more. These cell phone companies are really sneaky.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:32 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Omygosh. I hardly slept last night.

My rescue doberman Queenie (adopted last year at the age of 8 years) was chasing a fly around the house last night.

She was so cute with her ears all alert while she was the aggressor, snapping her mouth at the fly.

Then the fly started chasing/buzzing Queenie...and Queenie turned into Weenie.

She ran over to me and ducked her head in between my legs.

I guess my legs were the closest thing to sand she could find to bury her head in.

Now this dog, who truly hates to go out in the back yard by herself, was so afraid of that little (although obnoxious) fly that she spent the night lying outside on the patio.

I kept asking her to come in and she did -- but, once she saw the fly again, she ran back outside.

I tried to kill the darned fly but couldnt. I finally locked him in the computer room and hoped he was dead by morning.

I guess he is. Neither Queenie nor I have seen him today.

Now I'm going to bed.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:04 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,180 times
Chasing this contractor to get an estimate, its been more than a week since he was suppose to get back to me, I write him again and nothing back. He came recommended by a couple realtors I called. I don't know whats wrong with people these days. No one that does what they say they will on time and with some courtesy and kindness. And does the job right. So now I got to start over again, get up to the city and have others look at the job. I'm just so sick of people in this world.

Cute story, TxFireWheel. Long ago we had a Chihuahua chase the neighbor's Weimaraner out of the back yard. I wish I'd had a video camera back then, as this big dog looked so puzzled at our tiny dog as she barked at him. Like what the H.ell is that thing. He finally ran away, he didn't know what to make of that little critter barking at him, I don't think he was sure it was even a dog.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:30 AM

926 posts, read 1,256,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Angry that I haven't been able to drive my car for several days because there's a huge spider's web inside the front of it, and I'm terrified of spiders, one of which is lurking somewhere in there.

And I mean, this web was huge. I got in the car and suddenly there it was, 2 inches in front of my face. A big cobweb. AAAAAARRRRGHH!!!!!!!!

The spider could appear infront of me any moment while driving and cause an accident. I will admit that I don't have the guts when it comes to awful things like spiders and webs. I will have to take the car into the garage and ask them to get rid of it!
omg. I'm deathly scared of spiders too. I'd probably call an exterminator.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:45 PM

A certain person keeps calling me even though I took a stress related day off from him. Some break.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftmyheartintennessee View Post
Not having a very good day. Been having a problem with my eye swelling up over the weekend. Couldn't get in to see a doctor unless I went to emergency room. Not serious enough for that so waited until today to
get it looked at. Doesn't seem to be anything more than some kind of rash, don't know what caused it. Spent $66.00 for the office visit and another $20.00 for the ointment. Let's hope the ointment takes care of the problem, otherwise it's back to the clinic again.
Didn't even see the dr. himself but the APN.
How is your eye doing LMH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics