Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2011, 02:08 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,844,285 times

Advertisements

[quote=todd00;21730808]
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post

Ya, but I'm back to square one again, just more wasted time. I have a couple more I plan to see when I can get up there, just haven't been able to do it yet. I did think of calling the Habitat for Humanity office and asking them who they might recommend. They might at least know people that have a bit of courtesy and kindness to them.
Good plan. In this part of the world there are lots of retired trades who volunteer with Habitat, but also pick up extra work. Maybe you will find such a tradesperson to help you out, Todd.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:53 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,479,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
One of several personal problems for me is “self-motivated”, it seems that I have several things that should be done, would be nice to have out of the way and I’m too lazy to do them. I simply keep putting the chores off for tomorrow and then never get focused on doing them. I’m mad at myself for his issue of mine.
It took a woman to pull me out the first time.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,067,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
One of several personal problems for me is “self-motivated”, it seems that I have several things that should be done, would be nice to have out of the way and I’m too lazy to do them. I simply keep putting the chores off for tomorrow and then never get focused on doing them. I’m mad at myself for his issue of mine.
Yeah ... I too suffer from "Why do today what I can put off til tomorrow" ...

Old 11-16-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Procrastination....I'm always waiting till' the last minute.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:01 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,956,619 times
Waking up and being stiff & sore from the visit to the chiropractor.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:08 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,751,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I think I'll use my mother's phrase for my excuse, "It's a product of having too many things in your head!" At least around here, 1/2 the time, you plan on doing a project. Okay...great! Task in mind...convince body that THIS...yes THIS, is the task we're going to do first. Everything's on board (body & mind)...go find the tools & materials to do it, spend 20 min. looking for necessary items...get exhausted and stressed out because someone didn't put the tools away (maybe ME!), head back to the drawing board to think of what OTHER project needs to be done....REPEAT! Grrrrr

By the end of the day, I've thought about doing 8 different projects, started to DO all 8 of those projects, then ended up get ONE stupid thing accomplished...and I'm BEAT! All I've gotten accomplished is raising my blood pressure and walking 6 miles, looking for "things".

Old 11-17-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
I think I'll use my mother's phrase for my excuse, "It's a product of having too many things in your head!" At least around here, 1/2 the time, you plan on doing a project. Okay...great! Task in mind...convince body that THIS...yes THIS, is the task we're going to do first. Everything's on board (body & mind)...go find the tools & materials to do it, spend 20 min. looking for necessary items...get exhausted and stressed out because someone didn't put the tools away (maybe ME!), head back to the drawing board to think of what OTHER project needs to be done....REPEAT! Grrrrr

By the end of the day, I've thought about doing 8 different projects, started to DO all 8 of those projects, then ended up get ONE stupid thing accomplished...and I'm BEAT!
Quote:
All I've gotten accomplished is raising my blood pressure and walking 6 miles,
looking for "things".
At least you had your walk for the day.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
At least you had your walk for the day.
yes, there's that, isn't there? LOL I've at least gotten some exercise!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:02 AM

[quote=taigagirl;21741363]
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post

Good plan. In this part of the world there are lots of retired trades who volunteer with Habitat, but also pick up extra work. Maybe you will find such a tradesperson to help you out, Todd.
In re: to your private comment. I think I need to make an "accomplishment" list on my fridge. If I start task #1, but can't find what I need...I need to make a note of what stopped me from doing it. If I follow suit, with the other items on my list, perhaps it will make it abundantly clear, what it is that I need to take the time to find/organize, etc., hence, making life a little easier. LOL

Old 11-17-2011, 10:59 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,844,285 times
[quote=mkfarnam;21742076]It took a woman to pull me out the first time.[/QUOTE

Women are great for that!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics