Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 06:55 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,941,566 times

Advertisements

I’ve got a little notebook pc that I enjoy using occasionally and I’d like to install a program that I could use from time to time on it. However it doesn’t have a disc-drive to load the program from the disc I have. Next best thing is to “down load” the software. So I go to the website and search all over for the software program but can’t find it. Now I need to email the company and see how they would like to help me with this.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:38 AM

5,234 posts, read 8,003,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I’ve got a little notebook pc that I enjoy using occasionally and I’d like to install a program that I could use from time to time on it. However it doesn’t have a disc-drive to load the program from the disc I have. Next best thing is to “down load” the software. So I go to the website and search all over for the software program but can’t find it. Now I need to email the company and see how they would like to help me with this.
Couldn't you buy an external cd drive and load it that way? Might be handy to have later on anyway. I ended up doing that when my old pc's drive messed up, it was the fastest way of fixing the problem.

Newegg.com - External CD/DVD Drives, External Blu-ray Drives

Old 04-14-2012, 09:29 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,941,566 times
^^ That's an idea that would work however I don't want to spend money on an external drive unless I have to. This is just a little inexpensive notebook that I have to take on trips so if it gets lost, damaged or stolen I'm not out much. Plus who would want it?? lol I could try to copy the program from the cd onto a flash drive, then load the program onto the notebook via the flash drive???? I don't know if that would work or not. It might be easiest to just download from the internet website if I could only find the location of where the program is at.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:22 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,804,360 times
I want to scream and yell and shriek and right now I have the strength to hurl large pieces of furniture through windows -- so I have sat myself down with what's left of a glass bottle of old fashioned Coke, so I can simmer down.

Last night my dishwasher started making a loud grinding noise, started beeping, and a few moments later water began seeping onto the floor. I ran downstairs to flip the circuit breaker, but the dishwasher kept beeping. By the time my husband sauntered downstairs I had found a second breaker also labelled "dishwasher", but too late, husband gave me that sheesh silly woman look and flipped the correct second breaker (after he counted them down again since I could not be trusted). I have since scratched out the incorrect dishwasher label. It seems no one bothered to do that when we remodeled the kitchen and moved the sink and dishwasher.

There was nothing to do that night but unload the dishwasher and leave it open so the circuits could dry (I've dealt with dishwasher repairs before).

Not wanting to deal with the DW first thing on a Saturday morning, I spent an hour or so doing other chore that came up because my old Microsoft Works documents were making the Word program on my laptop freeze up. I'm finally almost done converting the last of them. Husband doesn't know why I waste so much time on historical research when no one pays me for it. I find it interesting you clod, you!!!! But I don't yell at him.

Back to the dishwasher. I figured out the likely problem, but when I went to pull the part out (I'd done it before with no trouble), it broke. The bottom half is stuck in the machine and no matter what I can't get it out. Hubby thought he could do it better, but he couldn't either. It looks like I shall be calling the repair folks on Monday.

My son called from college the other day, complaining his TV was broken. When he was home for Easter he took his game console back to the dorm and I figured he didn't reconnect everything correctly. He insisted he did it all right, so I told him to come home this weekend with the TV and game console and I'd look at it.

After I was done dealing with the dishwasher, I turned to his TV and game system, hooked everything up, and as I suspected, all was in perfect order. Knucklehead screwed up. I had told him to leave the cable at school, but he brought it home too. However - he left the little adapter I had to hunt through Walmart for, because when they installed cable in the dorm they shortcutted, and you can't hook up without an adapter. I reinforced the demand that sonny the knucklehead be sure to bring home the adapter at the end of term. Since he wants to stay in the same dorm I'll probably get stuck having to buy another adapter if he leaves it behind.

Meanwhile, while I'm in the midst of my mess, hubby comes sauntering through on his way to watch the baseball game on TV and wants to know if there's something to eat.
What he really wants is that I should stop what I'm doing and and rummage around and find him something, then prepare it for him. I gave him a tongue lashing and threw a Hot Pocket in the microwave.
That man will not eat unless I prepare it for him. He is so skinny, he rarely eats, because I'm fed up with having to prepare snacks for him for the past 38 years. A few times a year he makes himself a sandwich and declares "I had to make my own sandwich".
I was all simmered down, but typing that last line got me worked up again.
------There's a piece of cake in the kitchen, and I'm going to go eat it.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:17 PM

866 posts, read 1,140,525 times
still working on boxing EVERYTHING up in the livingroom,dining & kitchen
so the handyman guys can come in and tear down the rest of the LR ceiling that fell down on Tuesday and replace it...then they will tackle replacing the bathroom ceiling since it has been leaking...
after those projects are done the landlady has decided to paint the entire
inside of the house and tear out the carpeting...
that's why we have to get everything out of the way, but we ended up having to rent a storage unit to put it all in...

on the way to the unit today, with a van load of stuff the radiator decided to start overheating...AGAIN
when it rains...it pours...and it's supposed to storm really bad over the next few days as well...I'm tired and my bones hurt from all the lifting,carrying,moving not to mention the weather isn't helping with the aches and pains...
can I just get in the van and drive away, never to return?? that would be so much easier...

Old 04-14-2012, 09:34 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,590,035 times
Too much to do over the weekend. I'm also extra lazy this weekend.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:52 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,059,104 times
I really need to move as my apartment is really depressing me.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:47 AM

5,234 posts, read 8,003,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftmyheartintennessee View Post
can I just get in the van and drive away, never to return?? that would be so much easier...
I hear ya there. Hope things get better for you.

Ya, today lots of storms and still they are still keeping me awake, a couple of my dogs really hate them too.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:42 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,351,789 times
People who lie... I mean for no good reason about stuff that makes no difference. I have this neighbor she told me all this stuff about herself another neighbor and the guy she's renting the house from and it turns out none of what she said was true. She's a weirdo, and so are the members of her family. Now I don't have a problem with that, but I shall steer clear of her.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:19 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,452,891 times
2cold,-I-have-just-read-your-tale-of-woe.-I-am-here-to-state-you-are-a-little-treasure!!-Any-woman-who-can-fix-stuff,-AND-make-sandwiches,-is-AOK-in-my-book!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics