Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 06:50 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,505,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
My Mom died when I was 20-I was away at college it was a shock- It took me 10 yrs to..deal with it...I still love and miss her every day..My dad was never there emotionally and lived a long time...you have good people in your life just seek them out.

My Moms spirit keeps me going, Im not religious but I know she wanted a good life 4me...as your Mom prolly would just my 2 cents...and years of analysis, lol
God Bless Your Mother.

I attend church and the Bible I carry is one that I received as a Chistmas gift in 1966....age 12.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,993,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Computer desk is broken. In all his wisdom, when DH bought the bedroom suite, he bought a cheap a&& desk. It's that press board stuff. Well, the screws to the pull-out shelf for the keyboard have been falling out, one by one. Each time I find one, I give it to him and tell him it's from the desk. Yesterday, I said something needed to be done with the pull-out, that it was listing to the left and doing funny things. Yeh, yeh. Of course, we can't do it on anyone else's schedule. It has to be when teh Muse strikes. Well, this morning, I came in to look something up, pulled out the chair and the shelf fell down from the left and hung at a 90 degree angle. So I went out and told him. You know what his response was? "Well, you know..... we need a new computer." Huh???? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the darned computer! Yes, there are issues but I don't think we need to go spend lots of $$ on a new one when I'm sure it's just something weird that's going on that can be fixed. NOt a word about the desk. I think we're coming up on a hubby auction real soon here.
Get some duct-tape for that computer desk! it will drive hubby nuts seeing it every day until he fixes correctly. Lol Put duct-tape all over the thing just to make him upset.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:00 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,372,350 times
waking up too early and not falling back to sleep...

Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 AM

14,490 posts, read 26,665,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I understand how you feel. I have the same situation.
Our Mother died in 1971, we were kids, the family split up. The rest of the kids were in touch with each other, but I never met them again until 2004.
We talk once in awhile on FB, (the family has it's own page).
I understand that they don't know me that well since the split up, but some of the responses I get(which is few) (even from cousins) makes me feel that they'd rather go on with life without me. And(seriously) the way things are going, it looks like they'll be gettin' their way.
Lost my Mom in 80's-my brother took off and went to med school- (I only have 1 sibling, him, unfortunately)..Then dad got sick years later, I was caretaker. ONCE in a whole yr did prodigal brother come to visit Dad in hospital/nursing home.

Now he doesnt even return emails, I have never asked him for a penny, he is a millionaire and last time I called just to say hi he was rude and condescending. C'est la Vie...I am done wanting or needing approval from him. He also has a baby daughter I have never met...

Old 09-13-2011, 11:25 AM

14,490 posts, read 26,665,283 times
Thanks mkfarnam i still have the catholic prayer books she had in the 1950's...everything about her was special, she loved everyone and worked with runaway kids...

Old 09-13-2011, 12:16 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,850,768 times
Explaining to a young employee why you only get paid time (8 hours) and not mileage when you are driving a company vehicle for the umpteenth time. Explaining to my boss that we have to pay him for his time travelling (8 hours)..listening to both of them

Old 09-13-2011, 09:58 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,505,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Explaining to a young employee why you only get paid time (8 hours) and not mileage when you are driving a company vehicle for the umpteenth time. Explaining to my boss that we have to pay him for his time travelling (8 hours)..listening to both of them
Is his work for the business worth the milage?

Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,242,397 times
Inconsiderate adult children.

Last Friday, a young woman from the neighboring town went missing. Her cell phone was found on the road/bridge that runs thru our farm.

Tuesday, at dawn, the police conducted a search starting at the bridge and working out from there. 3 jurisdictions of police, search dogs and an airplane. Very thorough and very professional.

Her parents had been here since before dawn. As the day progressed, the stress on the mother really started to show. I sat and talked with her a couple times during the search. Lovely woman.

The police found the missing woman last night, alive and well in Kansas.

WTF? Kansas doesn't have phones? She couldn't call home and let them know she was ok? Collect calls do still exist....

Old 09-14-2011, 09:55 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,372,350 times
Why is it the kids have so little patients when it comes to bearing with me about the computer, but expect me to be patient with them when it comes to them spending my money... LOL They don't mind bothering me to do what they need done so they really shouldn't mind putting up with me. I mean fair exchange is no robbery. Who is going to love me when I get old

Old 09-14-2011, 10:00 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,242,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Why is it the kids have so little patients when it comes to bearing with me about the computer, but expect me to be patient with them when it comes to them spending my money... LOL They don't mind bothering me to do what they need done so they really shouldn't mind putting up with me. I mean fair exchange is no robbery. Who is going to love me when I get old
Awww! We love ya! Technology challenged or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics