Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 09:05 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times

Advertisements

I got a call from our payroll saying that I owe money to my job because of some mixup about not enough money was placed into my retirement fund 4 years ago

Old 09-29-2011, 09:13 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,434,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I got a call from our payroll saying that I owe money to my job because of some mixup about not enough money was placed into my retirement fund 4 years ago
Wait! If "not enough" money was place into YOUR retirement fund. They owe you.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:26 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Wait! If "not enough" money was place into YOUR retirement fund. They owe you.
Both me and my employer contribute to the fund ... Apparently, there's some mix-up with my retirement fund designation that created this mess. I really cannot afford to be paying nearly 500 because payroll goofed up!

Old 09-30-2011, 12:16 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times
I have a serious vent today. My day started like any other. I felt positive and in control... Then this evening I got a phone call that will change how I see the world forever. A woman that I have known for more than half of my life was murdered. I was shocked, unprepared for the gory details. She was stabbed multiple times in her own home... as her adult daughter listened to her scream in agony in the presence of her grandchild. She did not try to help her mom. She didn't dial 911. She stood by and allowed her mother to be tortured living out her last moments in terror, shock and surprise. No way to see that coming even now in the face of evidence it is so unbelievable. This is not suppose to happen to good people who have done well in life and by their children and family.... What kind of person allows their mother to be so violently stabbed to death??? Her daughter was not some psycho-satanist who had a bad life so she turned out rotten. What turns a good kid into a cold blooded evil female dog??? I know bad things happen... If someone so normal and above average can carry out such a heinous crime, what does that say about the world we live in??? And if it happened to them, can it happen even closer to home??? My home??? I must confess it crossed my mind for a fleeting moment -I wondered if I were safe in my own home from my own children. How could I think that even for a second. I don't know but I did. Oh I am sure I am safe at my house... there is NO way I could or would believe anything like that could ever happen w/ the children I raised. NO WAY!!! The thing is I am sure this woman felt the exact same way... It is so senseless and tragic. Tonight I don't feel all that safe nor secure or in control. I know this will pass and I will go on with my life as usual, but I wonder.... I wonder about things I didn't use to wonder about just a few hours ago.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:37 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,435,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I have a serious vent today. My day started like any other. I felt positive and in control... Then this evening I got a phone call that will change how I see the world forever. A woman that I have known for more than half of my life was murdered. I was shocked, unprepared for the gory details. She was stabbed multiple times in her own home... as her adult daughter listened to her scream in agony in the presence of her grandchild. She did not try to help her mom. She didn't dial 911. She stood by and allowed her mother to be tortured living out her last moments in terror, shock and surprise. No way to see that coming even now in the face of evidence it is so unbelievable. This is not suppose to happen to good people who have done well in life and by their children and family.... What kind of person allows their mother to be so violently stabbed to death??? Her daughter was not some psycho-satanist who had a bad life so she turned out rotten. What turns a good kid into a cold blooded evil female dog??? I know bad things happen... If someone so normal and above average can carry out such a heinous crime, what does that say about the world we live in??? And if it happened to them, can it happen even closer to home??? My home??? I must confess it crossed my mind for a fleeting moment -I wondered if I were safe in my own home from my own children. How could I think that even for a second. I don't know but I did. Oh I am sure I am safe at my house... there is NO way I could or would believe anything like that could ever happen w/ the children I raised. NO WAY!!! The thing is I am sure this woman felt the exact same way... It is so senseless and tragic. Tonight I don't feel all that safe nor secure or in control. I know this will pass and I will go on with my life as usual, but I wonder.... I wonder about things I didn't use to wonder about just a few hours ago.

Who killed her? Did she know her assailant?

Old 09-30-2011, 05:09 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Who killed her? Did she know her assailant?
It is unclear exactly who killed her. Her daughter has been arrested, but the police say she had an accomplice who is at large. I suspect her daughter took part in the stabbing. She was stabbed multiple times and so viciously and her was so damaged it cannot be viewed. That means whoever did the stabbing knew her, it was personal to them- at least that is what the police say. Her daughter was caught on tape throwing away evidence. The police are only giving out limited info, because it is an ongoing investigation.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:37 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,435,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
It is unclear exactly who killed her. Her daughter has been arrested, but the police say she had an accomplice who is at large. I suspect her daughter took part in the stabbing. She was stabbed multiple times and so viciously and her was so damaged it cannot be viewed. That means whoever did the stabbing knew her, it was personal to them- at least that is what the police say. Her daughter was caught on tape throwing away evidence. The police are only giving out limited info, because it is an ongoing investigation.

This has the makings of a good crime mystery. If someone sabotages the evidence, it's going to end up on Dateline.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Both me and my employer contribute to the fund ... Apparently, there's some mix-up with my retirement fund designation that created this mess. I really cannot afford to be paying nearly 500 because payroll goofed up!
An Audit would show who owes who and how much.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
This has the makings of a good crime mystery. If someone sabotages the evidence, it's going to end up on Dateline.
or Cold Case Files.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:36 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
SQ, I am so sorry about your friend's death. No words can help, I know. I hope your memories of her will console you somehow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics