Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2013, 03:41 PM

10,117 posts, read 19,492,242 times

Advertisements

Ok, today I'm stuck at home, car in the shop, we dropped cable TV, venting is about the only thing I have to do, so let's have at it---

I hate pizza pickers! You know, those people who order a deluxe pizza, then proceed to pick half the toppings off, put them in a nasty little pile, then munch away at the rest. why not just order a plain pizza to begin with

UPS drivers who ring the bell then run away, then I can't chase them down, because my car is in the shop!

Disrespectful kids who refuse to believe I am God! (I'm talking about my own kids)

Next door neighbors who don't mow their lawn, weeds butt hole deep, weeds blow onto MY lawn, then I get a HOA notice

Our paycheck shorted $100/month for that tax thing----

By the time we pay health insurance, we can't afford to go to the doctor

Nosey teachers/social workers who think I'm abusing my 6'4" son, because he had a bruise on his forehead---I can't even reach his forehead, let alone smack it

Three bathrooms---DS brushes his teeth in the sink then leaves dried toothpaste all over the counters

Cats throwing up hairballs all over the house

People on CD making fun of my "ghost stories"

There, that should do it for now.....

Old 03-07-2013, 05:10 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,317,450 times
We're renovating our bathrooms (both of them) and hubby decided to buy all the stuff to do both of them, even tho he can't do both rooms at the same time. Consequently, the dining room and sitting room now have enough vanities, toilets, cabinets, etc. for 2 bathrooms. And, optimistically, since hubby has contracted a nasty case of tendonitis in both arms, the stuff will be hanging around for at least 3-4 months.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:33 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,271,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
We're renovating our bathrooms (both of them) and hubby decided to buy all the stuff to do both of them, even tho he can't do both rooms at the same time. Consequently, the dining room and sitting room now have enough vanities, toilets, cabinets, etc. for 2 bathrooms. And, optimistically, since hubby has contracted a nasty case of tendonitis in both arms, the stuff will be hanging around for at least 3-4 months.
Uh oh! Sorry about his tendonitis. Hope it goes away quickly. I understand your aggravation with all the stuff piled up.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:56 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,993,951 times
Tendonitis isn't fun to deal with. Hope he gets better soon. Real Soon!

Old 03-08-2013, 06:39 AM

I know....I kept trying to convince him to wait till he feels better, but you know men..... At one point, I thought he was going down. Before he brought all this stuff into the house, I kept reminding him that each vanity weighs 275 lbs. They come fully assembled - marble top and sink - and you can't take the top off. He thought they were exaggerating the weight. And he didn't realize how much room all this stuff was going to take. ANd me? I get claustrophobic around clutter..... I'm trying to keep it together.

I think I have to go and ask the administrators for a new icon - one of me slapping hubby up 'side of his head.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:26 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,106,016 times
Quote:

Well at least your hubby has an excuse.....mine bought the stuff for the bathroom and the kitchen and it's sitting around.....and my dh doesn't have anything wrong.....just can't get motivated......

Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,993,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
Well at least your hubby has an excuse.....mine bought the stuff for the bathroom and the kitchen and it's sitting around.....and my dh doesn't have anything wrong.....just can't get motivated......
That is contagious; I’ve become infected with the same thing here.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,084,902 times
I had to take the day off from work as my eye irritation could be pink eye. I'm going to see the doctor later this morning to see if it is pink eye. I pray it isn't or that it clears up fast ... I'd rather be at work serving students

Old 03-08-2013, 11:45 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,271,525 times
Quote:
I know....I kept trying to convince him to wait till he feels better, but you know men..... At one point, I thought he was going down. Before he brought all this stuff into the house, I kept reminding him that each vanity weighs 275 lbs. They come fully assembled - marble top and sink - and you can't take the top off. He thought they were exaggerating the weight. And he didn't realize how much room all this stuff was going to take. ANd me? I get claustrophobic around clutter..... I'm trying to keep it together.

I think I have to go and ask the administrators for a new icon - one of me slapping hubby up 'side of his head.
How about this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I had to take the day off from work as my eye irritation could be pink eye. I'm going to see the doctor later this morning to see if it is pink eye. I pray it isn't or that it clears up fast ... I'd rather be at work serving students
I hope it's not pink eye!

Old 03-08-2013, 05:01 PM

Ooo, Chat...good luck w/the eye.

DK, that's exactly what I needed. THanks! He did a bunch of lifting and he tore apart the wooden pallets from yesterday's deliveries and now he's paying for it. I finally read him the riot act and asked if he's ready now to rest those arms and let them heal. I tell ya....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics