Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 11:38 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,208,761 times

Advertisements

I feel terrible. I caught my husband's cold which I never really get colds. I end up with something much worse. I get so mad when my husband gets sick because he is a huge baby and not very clean about it. He leaves his kleenex all over the place. In all the years we have been married I complain about this, how easily I get upper resp. infections, earaches and so forth. I have asthma so pretty much any type of cold turns into a big deal with me. Its my weakness, otherwise I am pretty healthy. So I got his cold and sure enough my ears are hurting, my throat feels raw, my face is already raw and even my teeth ache. I already have a rosey type complexion to begin with so when I get sick I just glow red. Real attractive. I only get one sick day a year at my job. I already took it a while back. I work from home so their excuse is "work in your jammies!" Whatever. I still have to be pleasant on the phone. I have a feeling I will be making a dr. appt tomorrow for some meds. My husband's excuse is I cant avoid a cold forever but come on, how about not leaving your illness all over the house!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:43 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,993,951 times
Thumbs up Ipad now prints to the Canon...........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I’ve got a Canon printer that came with a cable. It’s connected to the router and works well with the desktop pc. However, Mrs Aks bought an Ipad and now I’m trying to get it to work with the Canon via way of the Airprint that doesn’t require any cables. Airprint is available with this model printer but for some reason I can’t get the Ipad to talk with the Canon printer. Or the printer isn’t listening to the Ipad?

Headaches nothing but headaches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Let us know what you find out.
This afternoon I was finally able to get the new Ipad to “airprint” with the Canon printer. My problem was with the “original setup” of the Canon; I used the cable and connected it to the router directly. I disconnected the cable and started re-optioning the printer for wifi with the router. However it just didn’t want to work and connect up following the simple directions of the printer. After a good period of time, I started poking around and found another way to setup the wifi from the printer to the router. Once this was done, the Ipad was able to airprint to the Canon printer.

I now need to tackle the problem of making the old windows desktop to once again to the Canon printer. Now that the cable was removed from the router this became the new issue to deal with. It might be as simple as remove the printer option from the PC and then attempt to “add” the printer again. I’ll deal with it tomorrow when I feel more like pulling hair out.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
So I purchased a new all-in-one printer and it requires a USB cable, which ISN't INCLUDED!!! Of course, I don't have a spare one lying around and my old printer's USB cable cannot be detached. Now I have to go BACK to the store and get one and I really did not wish to go out today! It's not like I have a car so this would likely take me more than an hour to do. I don't have TIME for this.
Quote:
So I finally buy the USB cable (fortunately, I had items to be returned so knocked two birds with same stone) and the printer is up and running. I just pray that the scanning goes smoothly
Quote:
I’ve got a Canon printer that came with a cable. It’s connected to the router and works well with the desktop pc. However, Mrs Aks bought an Ipad and now I’m trying to get it to work with the Canon via way of the Airprint that doesn’t require any cables. Airprint is available with this model printer but for some reason I can’t get the Ipad to talk with the Canon printer. Or the printer isn’t listening to the Ipad?

Headaches nothing but headaches.
I was wrong Chatteress, the Canon printer I bought did NOT come with a cable. I too had to go out and buy one now that I was poking around with my issues, I remembered that I had to make another trip to the store just for that cable. I guess they want customers to use wifi and not hardwire their printers.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:55 PM

19,357 posts, read 16,904,437 times
Quote:
This afternoon I was finally able to get the new Ipad to “airprint” with the Canon printer. My problem was with the “original setup” of the Canon; I used the cable and connected it to the router directly. I disconnected the cable and started re-optioning the printer for wifi with the router. However it just didn’t want to work and connect up following the simple directions of the printer. After a good period of time, I started poking around and found another way to setup the wifi from the printer to the router. Once this was done, the Ipad was able to airprint to the Canon printer.

I now need to tackle the problem of making the old windows desktop to once again to the Canon printer. Now that the cable was removed from the router this became the new issue to deal with. It might be as simple as remove the printer option from the PC and then attempt to “add” the printer again. I’ll deal with it tomorrow when I feel more like pulling hair out.
You have more patience than I, Aks. I'd probably just heave the thing out the window.

I did get a giggle from something you wrote about the class you took.

Quote:
That ended up being an hour of my life that I’ll never get back.
Can't tell you how many times in my life I've gotten mixed up in some training seminar and spent most of the time trying to think of something that would get me out of there. i.e. holding my breath until I turned blue and fainted, inconspicuously sticking my finger down my throat and then throwing up in front of everyone. Anything! Just get me the out of here!!!!!

A good night's sleep might help the situation or ... it could just end up being another miserably frustrating day. Technology is a wonderful thing (as long as the instruments are working properly)

You will have to come back and update us on your progress.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:24 AM

^^^^ The ongoing dilemma of pc, ipad and printer is over. This morning without having to make things worse and keeping it simple I plugged in the originally used cable to the printer from the router ~ and now the pc can print as well as the ipad. Who would have thought you could use both wireless airprint wifi & hardwire on the same printer? life is good again.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:52 AM

19,357 posts, read 16,904,437 times
Simple as that? Good to see you're up and running again.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:57 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,393,847 times
Thumbs down Sick Check Out/Store Clerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
I feel terrible. I caught my husband's cold which I never really get colds. I end up with something much worse. I get so mad when my husband gets sick because he is a huge baby and not very clean about it. He leaves his kleenex all over the place. In all the years we have been married I complain about this, how easily I get upper resp. infections, earaches and so forth. I have asthma so pretty much any type of cold turns into a big deal with me. Its my weakness, otherwise I am pretty healthy. So I got his cold and sure enough my ears are hurting, my throat feels raw, my face is already raw and even my teeth ache. I already have a rosey type complexion to begin with so when I get sick I just glow red. Real attractive. I only get one sick day a year at my job. I already took it a while back. I work from home so their excuse is "work in your jammies!" Whatever. I still have to be pleasant on the phone. I have a feeling I will be making a dr. appt tomorrow for some meds. My husband's excuse is I cant avoid a cold forever but come on, how about not leaving your illness all over the house!
Your post reminded me of how I (not so long ago) picked up the flu bug....

I was at a local chain store, purchasing a few necessary items. I entered a line that was not filled up (it was the holiday season) and encountered a sick check out kid/young man. He was probably 6'3"-- but looked like a big, sick baby--with the biggest, wettest snot rag in hand. I should have left his line right then. I did not, and we boy did we ever pay for it!

Old 03-01-2013, 10:44 AM

24,644 posts, read 26,203,441 times
Quote:
^^^^ The ongoing dilemma of pc, ipad and printer is over. This morning without having to make things worse and keeping it simple I plugged in the originally used cable to the printer from the router ~ and now the pc can print as well as the ipad. Who would have thought you could use both wireless airprint wifi & hardwire on the same printer? life is good again.
I knew you could do it.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:45 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,084,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Your post reminded me of how I (not so long ago) picked up the flu bug....

I was at a local chain store, purchasing a few necessary items. I entered a line that was not filled up (it was the holiday season) and encountered a sick check out kid/young man. He was probably 6'3"-- but looked like a big, sick baby--with the biggest, wettest snot rag in hand. I should have left his line right then. I did not, and we boy did we ever pay for it!
Employers should not even allow employees to work sick

Old 03-01-2013, 05:54 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,317,450 times
Quote:
Employers should not even allow employees to work sick
especially in the food industry, whether it be restaurant or grocery store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics