Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2010, 09:23 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,331,048 times

Advertisements

redbird and LaceyEx....Thanks for writing and caring. I am glad I found this thread. Thanks again..CK

Old 02-06-2010, 02:43 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,285,603 times
CK, I want to let you know that you should feel free to vent and chat..it does help..I am a great listener! Welcome! This is a wonderful group of friends here!

Old 02-06-2010, 03:18 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,759,462 times
CArizona ~Glad you found CDF as there are so many people connected at the heart and always someone to lend their shoulder to you when you need it most.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:12 PM

dogmom and crazyworld...Thanks for your kindness and caring posts. I don't really talk about my husband's cancer enough...It's hard to talk about it and hard to face it. And I want to stay positive about it...I have always been a mind over matter kind of person. And my husband is doing better than expected....which is great. But still...there are fears and worries and it is hard to go it alone...My son has been a godsend to both of us....He is right by our side night and day....But I know it is rough on him. Thanks again for your caring and warm welcome. CK

Old 02-06-2010, 04:30 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,221,050 times
CArizona there are chat threads and a prayer thread here in this area feel free to join in them also. This area has some mighty fine prayer warriors, listeners and caring folks. Glad you found a place to vent as well.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:29 PM

Jaxson...Thanks for your caring note too...Great to be in such a friendly place. I'll check out the other areas. Thanks again...CK

Old 02-06-2010, 06:06 PM

24,546 posts, read 26,104,963 times
CArizona,

Here is the thread and forum for you.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...ppeals-56.html

Old 02-08-2010, 04:16 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,937,842 times
Thumbs down Repair work! ugh

We don’t get much rain here, however I’m happy with anything we get. However I’m not happy with the little puddle of water that I saw on the back patio. Looks like there’s a new leak in the flat-roof that covers it. This morning I checked on top and didn’t see anything that looked like a problem area, and the roofing looked like new (it was installed only a few years ago).

I stopped at the hardware store and picked up some supplies, climbed onto the roof and started patching what I thought “might” be a problem area. Hopefully I got the problem area covered. Water is very strange because it can travel anywhere under the roofing material and come out in a different area then the original leak entrance.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:31 PM

44,678 posts, read 61,796,128 times
This scenario happened a couple of days ago...
I called a car dealer inquiring about a vehicle I was interested in, one that they had advertised on a popular vehicle website and also on their own dealership website. The price was extemely good for the year and model and low mileage. When I called, I talked to a person who claimed to be the internet salesperson. I asked if the vehicle was still available. He told me the vehicle was out there on the lot and was in great shape and to come in and ask for him personally to see it. So I made an appointment to see the vehicle the next morning. This was at 8 pm at night. So at 10 am the next AM I went to the dealer and asked for the salesman. When he came out of his hole he introduced himself as being thel Manager of the dealership, verified our conversation the evening before and proceded to turn me over to a regular sales person. The sales person asked what I was interested in and I told him about the conversation with the Manager and what vehicle I was interested in. He then looked on their current vehicle inventory list and couldn't find it. He then asked the Manager about it and the Manager said it's right over there on the side of the lot. The salesman and I went over to the spot we were told the vehicle was and could not locate it. At that time a lot boy with car keys came over and asked if he could help us. The saleman said that the Manager told him the vehicle we were looking for was suppose to be right here. The lot boy said "oh the Manager had me take it to the auto auction 2 days ago".
Then the salesman had the audacity to try and sell me another vehicle on the lot. I told him I came here specifically for that USA made Ford vehicle and not one of their crummy foreign made pieces of junk.
He says, well I'll call the auction house and get the Ford back for you. I'll call you this afternoon when we get it. I laughed and said "sure, it's probably in another state by now. The auction people sell them not hold them". And as I was trying to get away he kept yelling "I've got the vehicle for you". At which point I jumped into my vehicle and drove away.
Then later I get a phone call at home asking me if I had a good experience with the dealership and would rate it a plus 10...Ha ha ha ha ha...Yes a minus 10 hundred.
Later I looked up on google about reviews and/or complaints about this particular dealership and found out that this is a common bait and switch for this dealer to use to sell cars.
And the BBB knows about it now too.
FYI it's a..
Spoiler
Kia dealership

Old 02-09-2010, 08:12 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,937,842 times
Two weeks ago a couple (friends of Mrs Aks) called and said they were going on a road trip and would be passing through the area and wanted to see us, maybe spend a few days and then move on.

No one showed or called for a week and a half, then last night they called and they would be in today mid-afternoon. They changed their minds and went to San Diego first then to Las Vegas, but now they’re headed our way.

With a little more notice (maybe a 24~48 hrs) things here could more easily be changed to make for a better visit while they are here. Short notice isn’t always easy to deal with for others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics