Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 01:52 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,527,045 times

Advertisements

Part of the situation in DC could have to do with the inability to get around. Many of the workers in DC live in the suburbs. DS told us last night when he called that a friend of his who lives in one of those suburbs said that their snowplow was broke down and the parts wouldn't be in for two more days. Stop and think - 50+ inches of snow, 1 snowplow. Maneuvering would be difficult even if the plow wasn't down.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:25 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,460,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Part of the situation in DC could have to do with the inability to get around. Many of the workers in DC live in the suburbs. DS told us last night when he called that a friend of his who lives in one of those suburbs said that their snowplow was broke down and the parts wouldn't be in for two more days. Stop and think - 50+ inches of snow, 1 snowplow. Maneuvering would be difficult even if the plow wasn't down.
That's pitiful..We are talking about Our Capital and they can't find anymore snowplows from anywhere else Oh what a country.

No wonder our country is going down.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:43 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,527,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
That's pitiful..We are talking about Our Capital and they can't find anymore snowplows from anywhere else Oh what a country.

I wasn't talking about DC itself, but one of suburbs where a lot of the employees live. But in an area that relies heavily on public transit, when that transportation system shuts down because the routes are buried in snow, there is not much you can do except stay in. And in this case, private cars would probably have been a worse situation.

Get There - The D.C. area traffic and transportation blog

Old 02-12-2010, 10:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,887,852 times
I'm boiling over right now and hope getting it out helps!

1. Go to surgeon-tell him antibiotics are draining Mr. L (sever diarreah-one of the symptoms)-he says stop, not necessary and to check our reg doc who is the one who ordered them. Stop there and he says NO it wouldn't do that. So I show him the printout-highlighted of course-and said no way-find something else as nothing stays with him!

2. Stop at grocery store (Mr. L's feeling weak and just need two things)-he said run in and I'll be fine. Run thru, get on line one old couple just about checked out---and then out comes the checkbook, of course no foresight as to pre fill check prior to checkout. Puts wallet back when cashier asks for Driver's Lic-which is always done. Get wallet out, try to find license, dig it out, put it back-on and on!!!! Now my stress level is thru the roof and cashier and I are rolling eyes.

Okay 10 deep breaths and I may make it.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:30 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,288,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I'm boiling over right now and hope getting it out helps!

1. Go to surgeon-tell him antibiotics are draining Mr. L (sever diarreah-one of the symptoms)-he says stop, not necessary and to check our reg doc who is the one who ordered them. Stop there and he says NO it wouldn't do that. So I show him the printout-highlighted of course-and said no way-find something else as nothing stays with him!

2. Stop at grocery store (Mr. L's feeling weak and just need two things)-he said run in and I'll be fine. Run thru, get on line one old couple just about checked out---and then out comes the checkbook, of course no foresight as to pre fill check prior to checkout. Puts wallet back when cashier asks for Driver's Lic-which is always done. Get wallet out, try to find license, dig it out, put it back-on and on!!!! Now my stress level is thru the roof and cashier and I are rolling eyes.

Okay 10 deep breaths and I may make it.
OH NUTS! so is the reg. doc going to change the antibiotic? Geez doesn't seem like that would be a big freakin deal Lacey...just change them to find something that doesn't make Mr. L. sicker..

Did he get the sutures out ok?

I agree about the grocery store. I never go without having something wig me out..or how about when you are going up and down the aisle and everytime you turn the same slow person is in the way..the one that parks in the middle of the aisle and just looks at merchandize....

Old 02-12-2010, 10:38 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,951,845 times
Lacey,,,, stay calm and focused, do what "you" know is best and don't always trust that the doctors will give you the right answers. Hang in there! things will get better!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:56 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,887,852 times
Thanx Aks-I'm starting to chill-just the doctor not listening ticks me off-who knows our bodies better than we do and the surgeon said stop them immediately.

Yes staples are out and not painful he said. Will stitch large wound Thursday and butterflied small one today.

BTW-this same doc (our regular) had him on a drug Immuran-well first time he took it within 8 hrs in the ER violently ill and in hosp for a week, Told doc and he laughed said NO way. Next time, 8 hrs, ER, 10 days in hosp. He insisted he take it again and within 8 hrs. back in ER and 10 days in. Pharmarcist told me he cannot have that drug as all reactions were right there.

Doctor did NOT want to face me and I told him no more Immuran or else-his answer-"gee guess you're right!"

Old 02-12-2010, 11:47 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,288,812 times
Lacey, sometimes its best to go with your gut feelings..You have been smarter than that doc before, I forgot about that..

Old 02-12-2010, 12:16 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,432,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Thanx Aks-I'm starting to chill-just the doctor not listening ticks me off-who knows our bodies better than we do and the surgeon said stop them immediately.

Yes staples are out and not painful he said. Will stitch large wound Thursday and butterflied small one today.

BTW-this same doc (our regular) had him on a drug Immuran-well first time he took it within 8 hrs in the ER violently ill and in hosp for a week, Told doc and he laughed said NO way. Next time, 8 hrs, ER, 10 days in hosp. He insisted he take it again and within 8 hrs. back in ER and 10 days in. Pharmarcist told me he cannot have that drug as all reactions were right there.

Doctor did NOT want to face me and I told him no more Immuran or else-his answer-"gee guess you're right!"

Oh, I would be most upset! Hope you have a calm weekend.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:19 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,951,845 times

I spent another three hours volunteering by painting out the graffiti that I didn’t have time to get last week. However I found some “new” graffiti in the same area that I cleaned up earlier. I guess there will always be “taggers” that have to xxxx in their own neighborhood. However,,,, I will continue to paint over graffiti and I think the taggers will get tired of having their artwork covered over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics