Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 09:54 AM

364 posts, read 527,401 times

Advertisements

[quote=Hoosier_guy;494605]
MSJ - I'm trying to figure out what a "furkid" is from your last post. Oh, is that like a cat or dog? Maybe I am just slow...no extra shot of espresso in the coffee this morning.

QUOTE]

Furkid is a dog or cat. Basically a term used by animal lovers who love there pets so much they consider them a member of the family or there child. Hense "furkid".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 10:21 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,734,779 times
Default My Furkid

All right, my furkid got up late this morning. Had a furwalk, did furbusiness.

Had a bowl of chunky choice w-1/2/ Twin Pet Premium chunky style w/ beef over top. Made the complete furtour downstairs.

Snoozing on the furbed now. Some things the World should just know.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:55 AM

212 posts, read 791,705 times
Hoosier- is this what you had in mind when you heard "furkid"?
I think this is a fur man or maybe the missing link.
LORI
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2007, 04:03 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanenlori View Post
Hoosier- is this what you had in mind when you heard "furkid"?
I think this is a fur man or maybe the missing link.
LORI
Ick! That looks like the last guy who tried being "suggestive" with me at Barnes & Noble! Why do guys like that always go for guys like me? I'm 20, very physically-fit, and clean-shaven; sometimes opposites do NOT attract! YIKES!

Old 03-25-2007, 04:40 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,461,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
I'm a multi tasking fiend! Plus I don't sleep much. I don't let CDF sidetrack my life, but distractions are a good thing in moderation.

I like reading the intelligent, informative, downright stupid, makes no sense, happy, sad, hillarious and smutty posts They all make life more interesting and give me food for thought. I've laughed, I've cried, haven't peed my pants yet, but reading some posts lately it's only a matter of time before someone gets me.

Have a wonderful few minutes, few hours or even longer threading. I look forward to it.
Same here
i come on here in between putting spread sheets together ,doing inventory work or checking listing for clients ,and running out to some showings
but one thing i need to start doing is using spell check on here, i was reading back and noticed i goofed a few times
I usually get to bed very late and up very early. been that way my whole life
another plus is this is the most reading i have done in a long long time

Old 03-25-2007, 04:46 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,734,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
I'm a multi tasking fiend! Plus I don't sleep much. I don't let CDF sidetrack my life, but distractions are a good thing in moderation.

I like reading the intelligent, informative, downright stupid, makes no sense, happy, sad, hillarious and smutty posts They all make life more interesting and give me food for thought. I've laughed, I've cried, haven't peed my pants yet, but reading some posts lately it's only a matter of time before someone gets me.

Have a wonderful few minutes, few hours or even longer threading. I look forward to it.
Gees Tet that is not good, got to get that beauty snooze. We could worry about you!!!! Especially if you start having those damp drawers too often. Believe me, we are not worth it, get the nap.

I am a firm believer in good napping, might have been a furkid, possibly cat in the former life.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:58 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
I can identify with what most of you have said.

City-data is an escape. Right now, I don't have the time to work in my yard or go for a hike, or sit around drinking coffee or whatever real people do.

And I don't have a boss, so there's no one looking over my shoulder.

I used to like being able to help someone or make a difference in the state forums, but I feel like it's psycho-land out there. Never seen so much hatred and anger as I've encountered out there.

Here, despite some mean jabs here and there, people are here to amuse and be amused. It's totally meaningless.

I'm getting bored, but it will take awhile till life changes gears and I'll be on to something new.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:55 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,636 times
QUOTE]Cosmic:...have been a furkid, possibly cat in the former life. [/quote]

I spend too much time here lately -- once the sun is out more often and is very, very warm (NAH would hate that), I will not be around as much. Need that sunshine.

Maybe we were furkids in the same neighborhood. My little black furkid cat likes to sit on my lap while I'm at the computer. Then I've got the "talking" little tortoise shell kitty whom I rescued during a bad storm, who loves to hang out with me like a magnet, and the third little furcat, is all white with very long hair and blue eyes but he's not too much into hanging out with me -- he'd rather be outside chewing on slimey slugs.

My furkid dog is a big hulky baby who still thinks he can fit on my lap until he falls off because there's no room, and then realizes he can only sleep on the bed. I just have a connection with these little furry furkids -- I think I'll come back next life as one again -- I'll get more naps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics