Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 03:30 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,869,869 times

Advertisements

What would happen in a world w/o missing socks???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 04:05 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,446,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
The door to door census checkers are being paid $16 per hr.
I understand they get paid for mileage if they drive to neighborhoods to walk the door to door. I wonder if mileage pay is estimated in that figure or if it's accurate. That sounds kind of steep. But it is part-time and temporary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
We received ours and I haven't answered it yet? Someone said that the only question that is required is 'how many people live a this address'. Wonder if this is actually correct. Have to check on that. Newscast reported that at many as 30% do not send in the form, hence the door-to-door census takers. Still way to much money spent, as usual, by our government.
Ours wants us to list each family member's name, age, date of birth and race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
I seem to remember an "Other" box with a line to fill it in (my form is in the mail - don't want any Feds coming after me).
Correct, there is a space for people to fill in if they don't fit a listed category.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:06 PM
bjh

Here's a peeve:

Public restrooms outfitted with push button sink faucets. They either stay on too long or too briefly and often too strongly.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:26 PM

22,873 posts, read 6,449,275 times
Last evening my DH was driving and we came across a guy on a motorcycle. It was smoking and the guy was going very slow. I told my husband that the guy's motorcycle must have something wrong with it, he said no, he's doing that on purpose, laying rubber I guess. He was directly in front of us, no one else was on the side road. After waiting behind him, him still making a racket and swerving, we couldn't just pass him, my husband honked the horn. He took off, the cycle seemed fine.
I guess he was angry as he went far ahead of us then turned around. He followed us as we turned into a fast food place, then left as we got into a line. What did he plan to do? I don't know.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:29 PM

22,873 posts, read 6,449,275 times
Forgot the peeve part of my post above, inconsiderate and possible threatening people.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:37 PM
bjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
Last evening my DH was driving and we came across a guy on a motorcycle. It was smoking and the guy was going very slow. I told my husband that the guy's motorcycle must have something wrong with it, he said no, he's doing that on purpose, laying rubber I guess. He was directly in front of us, no one else was on the side road. After waiting behind him, him still making a racket and swerving, we couldn't just pass him, my husband honked the horn. He took off, the cycle seemed fine.
I guess he was angry as he went far ahead of us then turned around. He followed us as we turned into a fast food place, then left as we got into a line. What did he plan to do? I don't know.
Just being a

Old 03-16-2010, 04:54 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,889,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
Last evening my DH was driving and we came across a guy on a motorcycle. It was smoking and the guy was going very slow.
What brand of cigarettes was it smoking? I guess the guy needs to teach his motorcycle to quit smoking, it's bad for it..

Old 03-16-2010, 05:40 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,413,643 times
My Peeve Today: Feeling Like An Idiot

I revived an old thread by accident today. Apparently, that's a violation.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:16 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,513,817 times
Why can't ALL car manufacturers put the gas filler neck on the same side on ALL vehicles so we can ALL get in line at the gas station going the same way. Or put them back behind the back license plate like many used to be so it doesn't matter.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:26 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,424,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Why can't ALL car manufacturers put the gas filler neck on the same side on ALL vehicles so we can ALL get in line at the gas station going the same way. Or put them back behind the back license plate like many used to be so it doesn't matter.
We had a truck with the gas tank on the passenger side. What a pain.

On the same kind of note. Why aren't all ramps onto highways on the same side of the road. Someone has almost a complete turn anyway so why not make all entrances to the highways on the right or the left but not both? It's really a hassle when you drive in a new area and you have to get on the highway but you have no idea what lane you need to be in until you are almost there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics