Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:53 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,096,570 times

Advertisements

Next time you eat out if the food and service were good leave a huge tip. Even if the price of the food were outrageous ..doesn't mean the employer has bothered to pay the poor soul serving it to you!! By all means throw your wallet open and say here, take what you need or ...maybe leave the keys to your vehicle. I say put the tip on a string and dangle it outside the restaurant window. Maybe the owner would think I'd like some of that and decide to pay his own employees. Employers should be doing the tipping in form of raises. The employer is working for you the customer. The servers work for the employer. The plumber who comes to your home is doing a personal service also. Do you feel the need to drop a few bucks in his tool pouch on the way out??
Granted with employers allowed to skate on paying their employees, we feel obligated to. Why are they not paid full salaries? It is the same as the food coupon program..have your cake and eat it too!! I realize those that have waited tables may simply think more tips is the answer. If tips are better than pay that would never change either. But the food industry has nothing to hide behind. They should charge you 20.00 for that steak dinner ..not 15 + 5 tip for server. We tip in Texas and I see no servers shackled to the floor. If you don't like service or food somewhere go somewhere else next time. Don't pass little notes to management or adjust tips. My 2 bits worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 05:01 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,918,868 times
I'd like to see economic stability rather than politicians playing the pulled pork game.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:05 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,942,766 times
Let's see.. I'd like to see.... a decent single woman in my life, who can appreciate a decent single guy.. And no, I'm not talking about a Victoria's Secret model either..

Old 10-29-2009, 05:41 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,096,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
I dont quite understand the purpose or the
Spoiler
reason for such a feature but I am sure to find out soon I guess

Id like to see someone explain it please....
It's good for hiding a punchline in a joke thread. Good for Entertainment forum where they can discuss book or movie plots and not to divulge too much. Or in this thread you could hide your tip in it!!

Old 10-29-2009, 06:01 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,942,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
It's used for things like this.

What is the most used comment on the board?

Spoiler
Mike got to your room!
LOL... Thanks Aksarben! I also think you and Studedude are catching up with me... You might want to correct the spelling too, shouldn't it be "Go to your room"?

A Spoiler is when the refrigerator goes bad, or when the power goes out, and you have a lot of food in it, like dairy products and meats, in the middle of July in Phoenix... That's definitely a Spoiler!

The other "Spoilers" that I know are the control surfaces on the top of the wings on most airplanes, they're also known as the Air Brakes, which slow down the aircraft while it's in the air, and they keep it on the ground after landing. You can see them deploy right after the airplane touches down, and at the same time, reverse thrust on the engines is deployed.

Sorry, I'm talking about airplanes again....

Old 10-29-2009, 06:39 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,422,699 times
A tip should be optional. If its mandatory, its not a gratuity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics