Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 06:56 AM

48,167 posts, read 22,024,577 times

Advertisements

Today's Question:
Yesterday we asked what you didn't want to find under the tree so I have to ask
Is there anything you have HINTED that you really really want to find under the tree ?

No, I really havent and dont expect anything.....heck there isnt even a tree in our house.

Bonus Question:

When DP told me to ask the furniture delivery guys to move the little recliner upstairs to the sitting room I wanted to say "ROFL Yeah right that's going to happen ? (but maybe they will do it for me.)

Extra Credit Question:
When was the last time you colluded on something with someone ?

Sounds sinister..lol...I cant think of anything.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to Karla and to all the QOTD folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 07:02 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,679,692 times
Today's Question:

Is there anything you have HINTED that you really really want to find under the tree ?
I can't hint at anything and still be surprised on Christmas. If I hint Mrs D will get it for me, assuming it's something realistic.

Bonus Question:

When ____________ told me to ___________ , I wanted to say "ROFL Yeah right that's going to happen ?

Extra Credit Question:

Last Christmas we helped our nephew surprise his mom and dad with a surprise visit from AZ.

Today in History:
1882 - 1st string of Christmas tree lights created by Thomas Edison
1886 - 1st national accountants' society in U.S. formed (New York City)
1894 - United States Golf Association forms (New York City)
1937 - Lincoln Tunnel, in New York City, opens to traffic
1958 - The Chipmunks were at the #1 position on the music charts. Alvin, Simon, and Theodore sang with David Seville. "The Chipmunk Song", the novelty tune that topped the charts for a month, is still a Christmas favorite today.

Word of the Day:

collude\kuh-LOOD\ , intransitive verb;
1.To act in concert; to conspire; to plot.

Today is:

National Date Nut Bread Day
Thermometer Day
National Haiku Poetry Day
Lipstick Day
Eleven Pipers Piping Day[/quote]

Old 12-22-2009, 07:29 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,881,266 times
Today's Question:

LOL.. I've been hinting for the past.. oh 3 years, but she keeps telling me to hit the road..

Bonus Question:

When ____________ told me to ___________ , I wanted to say "ROFL Yeah right that's going to happen ?
I'd better take the 5th, and the 6th, 7th, 8th and the 10th on that one... - because I can't think of anything right now... so a dumb answer is better than no answer..

Extra Credit Question:

Colluded.. I'd better check my auto insurance to make sure it covers Collusions.. - I think it was around the same time she had me arrested... - I'm only kidding, I've never been arrested.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:32 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,629,753 times
Today's Question:

No because I don't know what I want...just know what I DON'T want

Bonus Question:

When my cousin told me that I would have to pay all the bills, I wanted to say "ROFL Yeah right that's going to happen ?

Extra Credit Question:

No colluding going on here...just colliding

Today is:
National Date Nut Bread Day...........eh, ok
Thermometer Day.........................seems like someone is always needing one around here
National Haiku Poetry Day..............not into poetry
Lipstick Day................................love my lippy sticky
Eleven Pipers Piping Day................we're getting close

Old 12-22-2009, 07:35 AM

607 posts, read 1,334,832 times
Good morning Karla and everyone! It's a lovely, snowy day here...hope you all find some loveliness in your day too!

Today's Question:

No...I'm not much into getting presents. Unless it's a gift certificate for a handyman...it could use that!

Bonus Question:

This goes through my head often, but I can't come up with examples...sorry!

Extra Credit Question:

I am currently in collusion with my parents, trying to convince my sister-in-law to let us take the nieces to church with us on Christmas Eve, before we all have dinner and presents. For some reason she's against this.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:45 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,279,641 times
Hinted I wanted?
Yeah, new Brighton purse from husband. Don't know if he will buy one because he has bought me 4 now and I think he's tired of the "purse" idea. I, however, am a "pursehead" and I'm not tired of getting them!

Colluded with someone?:
Really colluded with a friend's wife to throw him surprise 50th birthday party, but that was about a year and half ago. Maybe some small "colluding" since then, but none I specifically remember.

Last edited by kaykay; 12-22-2009 at 08:00 AM..

Old 12-22-2009, 07:56 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,378,920 times
Good morning! (yawn) - my son's plane was late and he came in at 4:30 a.m. - but I'm not complaining!

Today's Question:

Is there anything you have HINTED that you really really want to find under the tree ? I always tell my nine year old how I love pictures of our family that she has drawn.

Bonus Question:

The only things that come to mind are political - since one of the things I appreciate about the QOTD is that it is non controversial, I'll skip this question.

Extra Credit Question:

I guess that would be on Christmas presents, since many places won't mail to PR I had to have some of them sent to my son's place.

Last edited by Sandhillian; 12-22-2009 at 08:39 AM..

Old 12-22-2009, 08:15 AM

591 posts, read 664,375 times
Good morning everyone. Its just around the bend. I will be on more after this busy season. Just got back from the gym, and I perked up. Have a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Years. Raining, and 50 degrees. Very windy too. Looking forward to the get together with Carmac, M. Mike, and a few others in California for lunch.

I just enjoy the gifts I give to people, I really don't need anything special.

Last edited by ladybee; 12-22-2009 at 08:24 AM..

Old 12-22-2009, 08:48 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,008,799 times
Today's Question:

Never have. Every year the conversation would go like this..."What do you want for Christmas??? I don't know... What do you want??? Have not the faintest idea... " We were not about to make it easy on each other when it came to gift buying.

Bonus Question:

When the red light told me to stop, as I was sliding thru the intersection , I wanted to say "ROFL Yeah right that's going to happen ?

Extra Credit Question:

Has been a while. However...I sense danger heading my way as MN2CO is colluding with others over a trivial matter. Fred found the money to buy a ticket and is on his way to MistyVT place. He said he did not want to be around when the mob arrives at my place.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:03 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,916 times
Good morning & happy Tuesday everyone.

I'm just returning to work today after having a three-day weekend due to the snow storm here in the DC area.

It's cold in the area today & everyone's still cleaning up the mess from the snow storm.

All of the kids here are happy because they got an early start to their Christmas Vacation.

Today's Question:

Is there anything you have HINTED that you really really want to find under the tree ? Yes. While we were in a department store last week, I sprayed some "Estee Lauder" fragrance on my arm & I asked my brother to smell it. I then said to him "Doesn't this fragrance fit me well". He then gave me a funny look, but he previously asked me what type of things do I like, so now I know he has a hint for my gift.

Bonus Question:

When my older sister told me to cut back on shopping & save money , I wanted to say "ROFL Yeah right that's going to happen ? But later on, I found out that was the the truth & I really had to do that once I graduated from college & became more independent with my own home.

Extra Credit Question:

It was last summer when I was shopping with my family at a department store.
Both my sister & cousin wanted the same purse, so my cousin asked me to say to my sister 'the purse is ugly' when she ask for my opinion, so that my sister wouldn't buy it.
I tried to do it but when I was about to tell that to my sister in front of my cousin, I couldn't hold a straight face & I just started laughing very loud.
Neither one of them purchased the purse, they both started laughing also.

Today in History:
1882 - 1st string of Christmas tree lights created by Thomas Edison
1886 - 1st national accountants' society in U.S. formed (New York City)
1894 - United States Golf Association forms (New York City)
1937 - Lincoln Tunnel, in New York City, opens to traffic
1958 - The Chipmunks were at the #1 position on the music charts. Alvin, Simon, and Theodore sang with David Seville. "The Chipmunk Song", the novelty tune that topped the charts for a month, is still a Christmas favorite today.

Word of the Day:

collude\kuh-LOOD\ , intransitive verb;
1.To act in concert; to conspire; to plot.

Today is:

National Date Nut Bread Day
Thermometer Day
National Haiku Poetry Day
Lipstick Day
Eleven Pipers Piping Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics