Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 08:52 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,902,979 times

Advertisements

I always use paper towel to open door then discard and always use hand sanitizer after. Butts do come in handy too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 09:03 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,729,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyVT View Post
If one is lucky the door is in the right location so that you can use the paper towel to open it and then toss it into the basket. This is only the case about 20% of the time though!! The rest is like playing "TWISTER" trying to get out without recontaminating your hands!! LOL
That's why I carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my purse so I don't have to play that "TWISTER" game ..... !!

In my Dentist office the bathrooms you touch nothing everything including trash can you just wave your hand.... it is really cool !
I want one of those trash cans.... be neat to put into kitchen, you know for those times when your hands are a mess and not free to open the lid....

Old 03-11-2010, 09:10 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,403,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Yeah Guys, true story. Wash hands, heck I need a shower. LOL
You didn't use that particular porta potty, did you? YIKES--that is beyond gross.

Red--you crack me up!

A study was done culturing the bottom of women's purses--the germs and cooties on the bottom of purses would make you run for the hills! I never set my purse on my kitchen counter any longer.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:33 AM

18,157 posts, read 11,820,108 times
Alrighty!

I know I have said this before. Having a Safety Food Managers License, we learned in class that after you wash your hands, never let go of the paper towel until you are outside the bathroom.

Don't touch the handle on the toilet with your hand, use your foot or your elbow but not your hands. The most dirty part of the entire bathroom excluding the toilet itself is the door handle inside the stall. Ohhh!

Old 03-11-2010, 09:37 AM

6,350 posts, read 21,587,207 times
I'd tell y'all about the trucker restrooms at the huge grocery warehouses but you guys are polite company...

Old 03-11-2010, 09:54 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,613,680 times
I try to avoid using public restrooms at all costs. Hate to diss my own gender but ladies how are some of you getting pee on the seat?! I definitely avoid the ones that I have found smell like a zoo.

That policy of washing hands, using a paper towel to turn the water off, and then using it to open the door was suggested to us with signage at my old call center job. I never got sick following this mantra, while others around me were constantly ill. Good one to live by.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:07 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,969,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I try to avoid using public restrooms at all costs. Hate to diss my own gender but ladies how are some of you getting pee on the seat?! I definitely avoid the ones that I have found smell like a zoo.

That policy of washing hands, using a paper towel to turn the water off, and then using it to open the door was suggested to us with signage at my old call center job. I never got sick following this mantra, while others around me were constantly ill. Good one to live by.
I don't why but they say most women restrooms are filthier then men room.

I'll use them as a last resort, but when I do..I always wash my hands and then kick the door open. I don't touch a thing after I wash my hands

Old 03-11-2010, 11:18 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,989,620 times
Lightbulb who maked the room so nasty ?

While I know that there are places that don’t clean their public restroom very well or keep it stocked with paper towels, soap, or hot water, there are some other issues here to think about for a minute.

Many if not most public restrooms were cleaned first thing in the morning. It’s the general public that makes the mess in those rooms! These people live in your neighborhood, cities and towns. These are the ones that you live by and they are the very people who trash the restroom during the day. They don’t flush the toilet, they splash water all over the counters, they throw paper towels on the floor, they spill soap all over, they throw used toilet paper on the floor, they pee on the floor and they live in YOUR town and neighborhood most of the time! People in our society are pigs and worse.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:47 AM

10,228 posts, read 16,356,265 times
'Just try and remember to grab a fresh towel on your way out to use on the handle. I always a handkerchief in my purse for this purpose.

There are many nasty things out there that we touch. I always use my knuckle to press for a 'walk' sign (and elevator buttons). I hate to touch stair railings, and if I don't have the handkerchief then I usually climb without touching it at all. I use the handkerchief to grab onto a strap in the bus or train.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:20 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,902,979 times
It may come to the point where rubber gloves will be in fashion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics