Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 06:26 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,409,298 times

Advertisements

NATIONAL BIRD DAY!!
....find your inner bird and ENJOY your day!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 06:27 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,025,493 times
Good morning everyone. Glad to see Monday, the weekend wasn't fun. But... Monday means a new week is beginning and things will get better.

Today's Question(s):

Last week we found out what time you turn on your computer so today lets find out

What time do you first tun on the TV during the Day ?

Usually sometime in the morning, especially if I need to head out twards DC. Just in case I need to know about a traffic problem or something local in the news.

For those that don't watch TV

What time do you turn on the radio or music ? I haven't listened to the radio in years. But I usually have the i-pod playing while I'm getting ready for the day.

Bonus Question:

We discussed this at breakfast yesterday

Do you balance your checking account every month? Yes.

Extra Credit Question:

Is there anything you positivity,absolutely have to get done this week ? Remove a tree that fell over last night onto my garage... and, even worse, blocking the garage door.

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you toasted ?
This morning: A bagel.

Also, we had some syrah and toasted my husband for fixing the computer yesterday. What a guy!

Old 04-26-2010, 06:27 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,581,318 times
Good Monday morning! I have two co-workers out(one yeah! one) so I need to do this important thing before the phones start.

Today's Question(s):
Last week we found out what time you turn on your computer so today lets find out

If I go in early not until around 5pm..days like today it's on about 6am then off again after the weather.

What time do you turn on the radio or music ?

Bonus Question:

Do you balance your checking account every month? Not exactly....now that I have electronic banking it's more of a look at it....is it ok? Enough $$ left? Shut it down. lol. I balance the books at work...don't do it as well at home.

Extra Credit Question:

Is there anything you positivity,absolutely have to get done this week ?
Just breathe, drink and eat.

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you toasted ? bread

We had the tail end of the wicked storm that crossed the SE last night....I hope all in it's path is safe and dry! Have a great day everybody!

Old 04-26-2010, 06:28 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,386,453 times
Today's Question(s):

What time do you first tun on the TV during the Day ? Usually about 8:30 a.m. to see if anything good is on for the day - I like to walk on the treadmill and watch TV.

Bonus Question:

Do you balance your checking account every month? no

Extra Credit Question:

Is there anything you positivity,absolutely have to get done this week ? yes - several medical appointments

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you toasted ? bread for breakfast

Old 04-26-2010, 06:30 AM

36,516 posts, read 16,110,071 times
Today's Question(s):

Sometimes not till I get home at night just to watch things I dvr'd.

Bonus Question:

Do you balance your checking account every month?
yeah, I get paid,I pay bills.....balanced

Extra Credit Question:

Is there anything you positivity,absolutely have to get done

Yes, I must take the clothes out of the dryer from yesterday
Just for Fun:

Sourdough bread last night.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:38 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,030,616 times
Today's Question(s):

Usually in the afternoon.

Bonus Question:

Has been years since I actually balanced my checkbook. I only write one check a month. I pay all bills online. I do check my balance online from time to time. About 25 years ago long before the internet I would never enter anything in my checkbook. I simply just made sure I spent less than I deposited each week. When my sister came over once and saw the pile of unopened bank statements, she took them along with my checkbook and balanced eveything out. I had a couple thousand dollars more in my checking than I thought I had.

Extra Credit Question:

Is there anything you positivity,absolutely have to get done this week ?
Laundry is high on my list. I travel with 10 days worth of clothes. I am at day 9 since last doing laundry. Seems most of the hotels I stay at in Europe do not have laundry rooms for the guests to use. I was going to have the hotel in Spain do my laundry until I saw their per item price list. One load of laundry was going to cost me about 75 dollars.

Just for Fun:

let's see now. A couple days ago my brain was toasted after working 28 hours

Old 04-26-2010, 06:40 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,352,839 times
Good morning!

Today's Question(s):

What time do you first tun on the TV during the Day ? It depends. On weekdays, usually around lunch time... I like eating with company, lol. But it's not on all day, anyway.

Extra Credit Question:

Is there anything you positivity,absolutely have to get done this week ? Take it easy! But I'll have to do so over the next 9 months...

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you toasted ? Bread!

Today is:
National Soft Pretzel Day Will you believe it? I never had one!
National Static Cling Day
Hug a Friend Day
National Bird Day
Richter Scale Day

Have a great week!

Old 04-26-2010, 06:43 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,476,589 times
Default Happy Monday! It's all in how you look at it, no?

TV on? Seems like the silly thing stays on, as I use it to keep me company. It probably stays on less now that I no longer have one in the kitchen, but I more than make up for it with the one in the bedroom that I now have to turn on in order to fall asleep at night. MOST bad habit.

My daily routine includes coming downstairs about 7:00 a.m. (often earlier), and turning on the big tv in the tv room so I can catch the local news while I check emails and visit my friends here at CD, sitting comfortably on my end of the couch, laptop in my, err. . . lap!

I'll listen to the day's morning news, and maybe some of GMA, before I turn it, and the computer off, to go feed the three boys. If I overlook the time, mind you, the Weimaraner will lay one paw on your hand as you type, and then another, as if to say, Enough, already! If I feed him, and the other two, he'll repeat the paw-thing after about an hour, and that's to tell me he needs his walk now. And lest you think I can put him off just a bit -- alas!, he will climb into your lap, and then, there is no ignoring his 70 lbs. of dawg.

I wish this house had a sound system like our other one did. You cannot imagine how much fun it was to load the cd player, and then go about the day, having music all over the house, including outdoors. I think of that nursery rhyme -- and she shall have music wherever she goes.

If I had it on, while I worked in the yard, I tried not to play anything too obnoxious, but our neighbors were our ages, so it worked out fairly well. Several houses must've had the same capabilities because the fellow just down the street from me did drive me nuts with his music -- always too loud. Maybe he was telling me something?

Now, all I have is a boom box from my teaching days. It holds 5 cds, too, but the sound is not the best. Still, it's noise to keep me company, or set the pace for chores -- hard rock for some things, opera for others!

Actually, I don't balance my accounts, but check them online about every few days, and check what has come out/gone in against my checkbook. I love it, except when I have no money to check. Starting balance: 0. Ending balance: 0. Check.

My job is to pay the bills and keep track of the household checking account. How I do it might not actually suit an accountant, mind you, but I can easily catch a mistake or question a debit. I really like online banking.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:44 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,648,061 times
What time do you first tun on the TV during the Day ? that really varies. Sometimes not at all...sometimes I'll put the tv on in a small screen on my monitor here...but usually, if I watch tv, it's not until late afternoon or the evening.

Do you balance your checking account every month? yes

Is there anything you positivity,absolutely have to get done this week ? yes! just over a week til my hawaii trip and still have planning for that and other errands to get done.

What was the last thing you toasted ? brown sugar cinnamon toast at my mom's. It was good!

Old 04-26-2010, 06:50 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,406,345 times
Today's Question(s):

What time do you first tun on the TV during the Day ? 8am ish

Bonus Question:

Do you balance your checking account every month? Yes

Extra Credit Question:

Is there anything you positivity,absolutely have to get done this week ? Withdraw cash from credit union.

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you toasted ? An onion bagel

Today in History:

1721 - Smallpox vaccination 1st administrated amazing
1819 - The first Odd Fellows lodge in the U.S. was established -- in Baltimore, Maryland. The official name of the organization is the Independent Order (of) Odd Fellows or IOOF. You can see these initials on many buildings in communities throughout the country.The first Odd Fellows group started in Great Britain in the 18th century The headquarters of the Social Security Admin. in in Baltimore. There are a lot of odd fellows there. I worked with several of them and probably was one myself.
1912 - 1st homerun hit at Fenway Park (Hugh Bradley, Red Sox) I wonder how many were on base.
1928 - Madame Tussaud's waxwork exhibition opens in London
Been there. Totally cool.
1977 - New York's famed disco Studio 54 opens walked by it once.

Word of the Day:
sough \SAU; SUHF\ , verb;
1. To make a soft, low sighing or rustling sound, as the wind.
noun:
1. A soft, low rustling or sighing sound.

Today is:
National Soft Pretzel Day with mustard. Yum.
National Static Cling Day hair spray helps. Spray on your clothes.
Hug a Friend Day Hugs to all of you.
National Bird Day "Bird, bird bird. The bird is the word." everybody boogie
Richter Scale Day Be safe, California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics