Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 11:02 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,761,002 times

Advertisements

aGreat Thread...I typed my whole response and then lost it so again:

I have learned to stay away from Politics and Religion because that is where the MEAN PEOPLE go and I don't want to become one of those

I have learned that there are places in Community Chat where the best of the best people with huge hearts gather

I have learned that there are some incredible cooks here at CD

I have learned that there is ALWAYS someone willing to help you

I have learned that the mods do their best to "get rid" of mean nasty posters...even the ones that "sneak" back in thinking that they won't be noticed.

I have learned that there are so many people here with the greatest senses of humor that never fail to make me laugh

I have also learned that if a poster is dealing with some bad things in their lives there are plenty of CD angels that comfort and support

I have learned that there are so many that put up with my typos

Finally I have learned that finding CD is one of the best things I have done and one of the finest places on the Internet..keeps me coming back

Last edited by crazyworld; 05-27-2010 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: had to fix typos.....see???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 11:36 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,522,564 times
I have learned tolerance for the thinking of others. There was a time when I thought that if you didn't agree with me then you must be wrong. I have also learned to be open minded and that I don't always HAVE to have an opinion on EVERYTHING!! I have learned to always try to look at both sides of an issue before I jump in and spout off-although that last part is still a work in progress.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:53 AM

54,500 posts, read 33,914,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB
Stuff you've learned on CD
I haven't learned anything yet, I'm a very slow learner..

Old 05-27-2010, 01:09 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,558,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
All those trips to your room, you should have learned something by now!

But seriously, I think what City-Data learned from its members is that there are people on here that know about everything under the sun. That's why there are forums now about everything under the sun. If people know about it, they can tell you about it. If people want to know about it, they can find out on here!

Old 05-27-2010, 01:16 PM

54,500 posts, read 33,914,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
All those trips to your room, you should have learned something by now!

But seriously, I think what City-Data learned from its members is that there are people on here that know about everything under the sun. That's why there are forums now about everything under the sun. If people know about it, they can tell you about it. If people want to know about it, they can find out on here!
You know something, you're right FuzzyMystic, I learned that if I misbehave on City Data, somebody will always send me to my room!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:36 PM

18,135 posts, read 11,789,754 times
A GREAT thread!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:41 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,998,425 times
I learned how to...

¡uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ

Old 05-27-2010, 02:44 PM

52,741 posts, read 48,088,482 times
I have learned quite a bit on C-D in the three years I've been on it. It's amazing the insight that you glean from other folks on here. We really learn from each other so much, don't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Well, that's why people keep sending you to your room, MM. Certainly, you learn things from that!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:45 PM

52,741 posts, read 48,088,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I learned how to...

¡uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ

How did you do that?????

Old 05-27-2010, 02:53 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,998,425 times
On a serious note, I've learned quite a few things about what to do in various cities. Also, about mortgage issues and gardening. But the three things I was most surprised to learn were:

1) how many people blame a city for a personal problem they're having.

2) how easy it is to make generalizations. If you think about it for a moment, obviously there are very few (if any) towns were every single person dresses the same way, listen to the same music, or has the same political point of view. Yet how often we see comments like "everyone here is a slob" or "everyone here is a PTA mom."

3) No matter what city forum you go to, many people will claim it's the "most unfriendliest town" in the US. And if it's a larger metro area, the odds are pretty good someone will claim that town has "the second worst traffic in the US."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics