Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:08 AM

10,189 posts, read 20,861,305 times

Advertisements

What regional accent would folks say you have ? New Yawk! Fuggetiboutit!

What kind of accent do you have ? Brooklynese

Bonus Question:

What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD ? Beretta...they only released one season, after Blake shot his wife they never released the rest.

Extra Credit Question:

Would you rather go for a ride in a:
Hot Air Balloon ?
Glider ?
Blimp ? I think this one, though I hate flying no matter what the aircraft.

Just for Fun:

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ? Over easy or as an omelet.

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ? Stick my finger in their coffee.

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? Yes. After hurting my right shoulder I couldn't reach the middle of my back for awhile.

Give this a try:

Use the "Word of the Day" in a sentence ?

With binoculars in hand, as I discreetly hide behind the window shades, I will attempt to espy my neighbor's wife, for I know she is..................................letting her dog poop in my yard! Shame on you for what you were thinking!

1946 - 1st bikini bathing suit displayed, Paris - another opportunity to use the word "espy" in a sentence.
1970 - Ray Davies of Kinks travels round trip NY-London to change 1 word in the song "Lola," (Coca-Cola to Cherry Cola) because of BBC commercial reference ban.- la la la la Lola - She was a he!

Today is:
National Cancer Survivors Day - Love ya' mom!
Repeat Day - I heard you twice the first time...
National Itch Day - Can you scratch this for me.

Last edited by Coolhand68; 06-03-2010 at 07:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 07:08 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,658,879 times
What regional accent would folks say you have ? Most Americans don't think I have an accent or don't assign my accent to a particular place besides knowing I'm not from where they're from. Oddly, many foreigners don't realize I'm American

What kind of accent do you have ? Basic midwestern like a newscaster - as opposed to the hard midwestern of Michigan, for example (love that accent!)
What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD ? Oh I doubt I'd watch but I loved My So Called Life

Hot Air Balloon ?
Glider ?
Blimp ? ooo this would be cool, too

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ? sunny side up with thoroughly cooked white...over easy...or scrambled dry

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ? pucker up baby!

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? essentially, yeah

Use the "Word of the Day" in a sentence ? Methinks I espy some chocolate tucked up in the rafters

Old 06-03-2010, 07:11 AM

44,452 posts, read 20,216,609 times
What regional accent would folks say you have ? Chi-CAW-go

What kind of accent do you have ? Chi-CAW-go

What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD ? Red Skelton Show.

Hot Air Balloon ?
Glider ? I think the glider would be scary but thrilling and wonderful at the same time. The silence, in itself, would be beautiful.
Blimp ?

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ? Over medium.

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ? Hugs and/or kisses, depending on who's asking.

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? Not recently, but yes!

Use the "Word of the Day" in a sentence ? Yes!

Today in History:
1851 - 1st baseball uniforms worn, New York Knickerbockers wear straw hat, white shirt and blue long trousers
1939 - Beer Barrel Polka hits #1 on the pop singles char "Roll out the barrel; we'll have a barrel of fun..."
1946 - 1st bikini bathing suit displayed, Paris Oo la la!
1959 - 1st class graduates from Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo God bless 'em!
1967 - Aretha Franklin's "Respect" reaches #1 Excelent tunage!
1970 - Ray Davies of Kinks travels round trip NY-London to change 1 word in the song "Lola," (Coca-Cola to Cherry Cola) because of BBC commercial reference ban.- la la la la Lola Great. Now that song is in my head.

Word of the day:
espy \ih-SPY\ , transitive verb:
To catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes; to discover, as a distant object partly concealed, or not obvious to notice; to see at a glance; to discern unexpectedly; to spy; as, to espy land; to espy a man in a crowd. Good word. I'm going to use this one!

Today is:
National Egg Day Love eggs.
National Cancer Survivors Day Yay! Yippee! Woo-hoo! Here's to all the survivors! [See my profile page for 2010 Relay For Life photos!]
Repeat Day Repeat Day Repeat Day Repeat Day Repeat Day Repeat Day
Tattoo Day Body art - but not for everyone!
National Itch Day Scratch scratch.
Repeat Day lol
R.E.S.P.E.C.T Day R.E.S.P.E.C.T. find out what it means to me...

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-03-2010 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: Mis-read question 2 about the accent. Brain wasn't awake yet. Changed my answer.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:12 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,324,257 times
What kind of accent would folks say I have?
Texan

What kind of accent do you have?
Texan

What old TV shows would I like to see released?
I already watch Perry Mason, Columbo, Matlock, The Fugitive, Mission Impossible
and Mad About You on DVD's.

Rather go for ride in:

hot air balloon

If someone said "give me some sugar," I would think they want a kiss. (If they asked for a cup of sugar, I would give them that.)

Like my eggs?
scrambled light with cheddar cheese!

Last edited by kaykay; 06-03-2010 at 07:23 AM..

Old 06-03-2010, 07:35 AM

18,279 posts, read 26,018,740 times
[quote=Karla with a K;14451002]Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday

We finally got some rain last night around 10. The last couple weeks the rain has been staying west of us because of the seabreeze
lol you could almost hear the grass and plants rejoicing

They are calling for 60% today so we shall see if the seabreeze keeps it to the west

Ok lets see who will be first out of the starting gate

Today's Question(s):

What regional accent would folks say you have ? Midwestern maybe?

What kind of accent do you have ?

Bonus Question:

What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD ? Dennis The Menace

Extra Credit Question:

Hot Air Balloon ? Yep!
Glider ?
Blimp ?

Just for Fun:

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ? Usually over hard but don't mind scrambled, over easy.

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ?

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? yep, I do it every now and then.

Give this a try:

Use the "Word of the Day" in a sentence ?

Today in History:
1851 - 1st baseball uniforms worn, New York Knickerbockers wear straw hat, white shirt and blue long trousers
1939 - Beer Barrel Polka hits #1 on the pop singles char
1946 - 1st bikini bathing suit displayed, Paris
1959 - 1st class graduates from Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo I was in the crowd for the 1963 graduating class, President Kennedy was the commencement speaker.
1967 - Aretha Franklin's "Respect" reaches #1 classic song! "What you want-Baby I got!"
1970 - Ray Davies of Kinks travels round trip NY-London to change 1 word in the song "Lola," (Coca-Cola to Cherry Cola) because of BBC commercial reference ban.- la la la la Lola I remember that!

Word of the day:
To catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes; to discover, as a distant object partly concealed, or not obvious to notice; to see at a glance; to discern unexpectedly; to spy; as, to espy land; to espy a man in a crowd.

Today is:
National Egg Day yums!
National Cancer Survivors Day
Repeat Day
Tattoo Day
National Itch Day
Repeat Day
R.E.S.P.E.C.T Day

Have a great day!

Old 06-03-2010, 07:48 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,078,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday

We finally got some rain last night around 10. The last couple weeks the rain has been staying west of us because of the seabreeze
lol you could almost hear the grass and plants rejoicing

They are calling for 60% today so we shall see if the seabreeze keeps it to the west

Ok lets see who will be first out of the starting gate

Today's Question(s):

What regional accent would folks say you have ?

What kind of accent do you have ?

Even though moved down from CO where I lived for like 28 years mas o menos, was raised in OK and to this day still have an accent. The y'all does give me away lol so when I tell people where I moved from, they always ask what other places I lived in the States.

Bonus Question:

What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD ? I'm so out of touch with what has been released on DVD, but would really like some of the shows from when I grew up like Laugh-In, the Carol Burnett show, Red Skelton, The Honeymooners, M.A.S.H., I Love Lucy, etc. - you know, the 'greats'. Do have a couple of seasons of Green Acres that someone gave me and LMAO when I watched them. OH and like the first five seasons of SNL!

Extra Credit Question:

Hot Air Balloon ? This would be cool
Glider ?
Blimp ? This also would be fun

Just for Fun:

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ? Sunny side up, but too many cooks don't get how to keep them from being slimy so usually just order them over easy. Have 'texture' issues.

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ? Ask them how much they needed to borrow? Do know the phrase, but work all the time so . . . when I last saw my DS did tell him to 'give mama some sugar'

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? Uh, no - that's what Shredder's for. Hold him upside down and make good use of those claws.

Give this a try:

Use the "Word of the Day" in a sentence ? I would love to be looking out the office window and espy my DS walking towards the door

Today in History:
1851 - 1st baseball uniforms worn, New York Knickerbockers wear straw hat, white shirt and blue long trousers wonder if they were Panama hats, arr arr arr
1939 - Beer Barrel Polka hits #1 on the pop singles char keep the polka and just send over the beer barrel
1946 - 1st bikini bathing suit displayed, Paris and what a ruckus they caused - if they could see what they're like now, well . . . pretty tame in comparision.
1959 - 1st class graduates from Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo
1967 - Aretha Franklin's "Respect" reaches #1and more people should reaaaaaaaaaly listen to the words and show some to others
1970 - Ray Davies of Kinks travels round trip NY-London to change 1 word in the song "Lola," (Coca-Cola to Cherry Cola) because of BBC commercial reference ban.- la la la la Lola

Word of the day:
To catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes; to discover, as a distant object partly concealed, or not obvious to notice; to see at a glance; to discern unexpectedly; to spy; as, to espy land; to espy a man in a crowd.
Sigh, not today.

Today is:
National Egg Day guess I'll go out to my flower bed - sure one of the hens has left a couple there for me.
Repeat Day wouldn't mind repeating yesterday - turned out to be a really good day instead of a "3 ring circus" (Karla, please add that to every QOTD 'cause the opposite happens lol)
Tattoo Day never had one, though once did want to get a little butterfly on my hip, but I have pain issues so never followed through
National Itch Day come here Shredder, time to scratch moms back
Repeat Day LOL
R.E.S.P.E.C.T Day Amen to that
Well kids it's Thursday and we all know what that means lol one day closer to Friday and the weekend Have a good one and hope everyone you run into today shows you some R.E.S.P.E.C.T

Old 06-03-2010, 07:53 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,204,507 times
So am I the only one that has la la la la Lola playing in their head

Old 06-03-2010, 07:57 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,320,639 times
Today's Question(s):

What regional accent would folks say you have ? I'm kind of hard to pin down, I think. I grew up in Northern NY, but I don't have that nasal twang as badly as most from that area. Dad was from Boston, so I picked up a bit of that and I tend to pick up a bit of the accent from whoever I'm talking to at the time.

What kind of accent do you have ? See above

Bonus Question:

What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD ? Don't think I want to see any like that. When I do try to revisit an old favorite, I'm usually very surprised at how amateurish it looks.

Extra Credit Question:

Hot Air Balloon ?
Glider ?
Blimp ?
None of the above, thank you.

Just for Fun:

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ? NOT fried, scrambled or omleted. I like egg salad, deviled eggs or custard. That's about it.

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ? Depends. If I really liked the person, he/she might get a kiss or a hug.

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? LOL...just this morning

Give this a try:

Use the "Word of the Day" in a sentence ? Hark and forsooth! Is that not Misstress Karla that we espy mowing her lawn???

Old 06-03-2010, 08:00 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,958,428 times
Today's Question(s):

What regional accent would folks say you have ? Maybe southern

What kind of accent do you have ? Hardly any.

Bonus Question:

What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD ? Just all the old cartoons.

Extra Credit Question:

Hot Air Balloon ?
Glider ?
Blimp ?
None of the above. Speed boat.

Just for Fun:

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ?

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ? Well now that just depends. Maybe a hug and I might run..

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? Yes I do.

Give this a try:

Use the "Word of the Day" in a sentence ? People often espy Elvis.

Today in History:
1939 - Beer Barrel Polka hits #1 on the pop singles char
1946 - 1st bikini bathing suit displayed, Paris
1959 - 1st class graduates from Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo
1967 - Aretha Franklin's "Respect" reaches #1
1970 - Ray Davies of Kinks travels round trip NY-London to change 1 word in the song "Lola," (Coca-Cola to Cherry Cola) because of BBC commercial reference ban.- la la la la Lola

Word of the day:

Today is:
National Egg Day
Repeat Day
Tattoo Day
National Itch Day
Repeat Day
R.E.S.P.E.C.T Day

Last edited by Nomadicus; 06-03-2010 at 08:10 AM..

Old 06-03-2010, 08:11 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,956,805 times
Today's Question(s):

What regional accent would folks say you have ? - An.. Arizona accent(???)

Bonus Question:

What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD ?
Are they reruns? - Oh I don't know.. Magnum PI (??)

Extra Credit Question:

Hot Air Balloon ? - I'm full of hot air, so that wouldn't work..
Glider ? - A very quiet ride.
Blimp ? - Uhmm.. A blimp? Oh.. sorry, I thought you were talking about an ex-girlfriend of mine.. - Just kidding.
I'd love to go for a ride in an F-22 Raptor, or an SR-71 Blackbird, flying at 100,000 feet, at Mach 3?

Just for Fun:

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ? - Uhmm.. cooked?

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ? - It depends on the context it's used in.. if a nice woman were to tell me that, I'd tell her: "Sure sweetheart, I'll give you plenty of sugar!" If a guy told me that, I'd ask him: "Do you want powdered, granulated, cubed, or brown sugar?"

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? - LOL.. Yeah, I've done that.

Give this a try:

Use the "Word of the Day" in a sentence ? - Espy.. I can't use it.. Okay, I've used it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics