Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Ottawa-Gatineau
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 02:45 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,509,919 times

Advertisements

"Stop drooling and open my mouth"; Haaar! Where in the world did you ever see that written by anyone? Get a grip kid. In order for one to stop drooling one would either need to close one's mouth or satisfy their craving.

Brother, you're a dandy. "ragtag", in quotes yet. Before using quote marks it should be advised that you are using an actual quoted passage, I did not use that descriptor at all but the rather benign and completely different meaning "hodge-podge" to indicate a mix of any number of Arab nationalities.

One such as yourself who resorts to calling someone else a "racist" and a "bigot" should really consider the rather precarious ground you stand upon. The offhanded use of those terms all but guarantees an ignoring of everything else you have to say as irrelevant and meaningless.

I'll agree with one point you so stridently arrived at; you indeed "could go (sic) for ever and ever" with the propaganda. Of that I have no doubt. Think a pink bunny and a bass drum. A thoroughly annoying little rodent he's now become, by the by.

I'm done enabling your childish foolishness with responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 05:16 PM

1,554 posts, read 1,907,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneyed View Post
Response to Sandman249:

Crimea wasn't annexed illegally. Russia didn't annex Crimea. Crimea joined Russia. There's a difference there. There was a a vote and the people decided. The majority of the people in Crimea are ethnic Russians as well. And once they joined Russia, no one's house was razed down and kicked out.

Jewish people represented 10% of the population in Palestine at the time. Displacing an indigenous population and razing their homes down, treating them like second class citizens, is not the same as one territory democratically voting to join a different country. Total different scenario and circumstances.

I never said I condoned firing rockets. I am trying to explain to you that they are doing this out of desperation. Most people when pushed to the limit, would fight back with whatever they can. The Gaza strip is a non-recognized state that's isolated from the rest of the world. Israel surrounds it on 3 sides and controls what goes in and out. It's definately not the same thing as the Ulraine/Russia/Crimea situation.

Why is my point about IDF going around killing civilians ridiculous? You basically claimed the same thing about Hamas when you said they specifically attack civilians but the IDF are saints and they don't.

The stats I provided you prove that what you said is false. The IDF attacks hospitals and schools. They are no better than Hamas. And worse even because they kill many more people than Hamas does, and civilians especially.

Why is it ludicrous to accuse Israelis of having killed children and women, which they have, but normal to accuse Palestinians of killing children and women, which they have as well? Do you see the double standard here?

And I agree with your last two points.

I'm glad to see people finally speaking out against Israel's agressions more openly on the boards. People are scared to critiicize Israel because it's considered taboo and fear they'll be labelled as "racist", "anti-semetic" but bashing Islam and Palestinians is considered acceptable.
Since people have stepped up in criticizing Israel's abuses, many prominent Jews are pulling the 'Jewish race card'.

Race card example:
"Blacks can't be racist, they suffered slavery."

New version:
"Jews can't be abusers, they suffered the holocaust."

Old 10-29-2014, 11:17 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,341,316 times
^^there's some truth to that. But there's also some truth to: Israel's military actions - the excuse for the new anti-semitism.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:16 AM

870 posts, read 1,126,230 times
Arabs make up 21% of the population within Israel, they have the right to vote and worship. Arabic is widely spoken and is even an official language along with Hebrew.

Now how many Jews are there left in those neighboring arab countries nowadays as compared to 50-100-500-1000 years ago ?

Would I feel perfectly safe wearing a kippah and talking in Hebrew while walking down the street in Cairo,Damas, Algiers ? ...thats if they will let me in as some of those countries wont allow Jews across their borders.

That is all I need to know really

Old 10-30-2014, 07:40 AM

60 posts, read 83,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post
Arabs make up 21% of the population within Israel, they have the right to vote and worship. Arabic is widely spoken and is even an official language along with Hebrew.

Now how many Jews are there left in those neighboring arab countries nowadays as compared to 50-100-500-1000 years ago ?

Would I feel perfectly safe wearing a kippah and talking in Hebrew while walking down the street in Cairo,Damas, Algiers ? ...thats if they will let me in as some of those countries wont allow Jews across their borders.

That's cause you only like to know half the facts. Arabs making up 21% of the population there is because of the fact that they used to make up 90% of the population there. Israel wasn't able to get rid of all of them succesfully.

Yes you're right there aren't many Jews in neighbouring countires, if it all. That's cause they left for Israel or got kicked out. But what you're really trying to say is that, it's ok for Jews to have kicked Arabs out of their native Palestine, but not ok for Arabs to have driven Arabic speaking Jews out of their land.

It's funny how all you Israel supporters like to resort to ridiculous analogies. Making up hypothetical scenarios that don't have any bearing.

Just cause you feel safer in Beverly Hills over Detroit, doesn't mean white people are better than black people.
Ok let's assume that all these countries don't let Jews cross their borders. Does Israel allow Palestinians to cross their borders? NO! Why is one ok and not the other? Your double standards amuse me.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post

And your fact will be ignored and/or turned around to be used to indicate YOUR racism & bigotry while ignoring the overt display of his/hers.

I think we spend too much time engaging trolls from an Arabic country who may indeed be enjoying Canada's hospitality manning a counter of a convenience store, passing excess time on their hands between customers, dissing on Canada's foreign policies and Canadians in general.

Resorting at first opportunity to the 'Racist and Bigot' accusation is indicative of someone from the region well educated and indoctrinated with the concepts of deflection propaganda that are used to great success with pandering agencies, and indeed whole countries, already endowed with a subliminal dislike for a particular demographic of the worlds population who are used as the whipping boy for all things negative for eons.

It is historical in it's origins and undeniably pervasive.

One need look at just one of those thousands of pictures of proud Palestinian parents parading kiddies as young as 5 around dressed in cammo, wearing a suicide vest while armed with AK-47 to understand the type of morality involved in maintaining this impossible impasse . Who in their right mind would subject their own child/children to that evil indoctination? They don't want peace; they want vengeance and total eradication of Jews; nothing more, nothing less.

In this regard the Palestinians are nothing more than the 'dumb' and malleable pointy-end-of-the-stick Arabs are using to poke Israel's eye. Much the same description could be used for the rock some azzhole is going to throw off a highway overpass at ANY car passing underneath. It is merely a dumb weapon wielded by an entity with no morals or scruples whatsoever.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:36 AM

60 posts, read 83,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And your fact will be ignored and/or turned around to be used to indicate YOUR racism & bigotry while ignoring the overt display of his/hers.

I think we spend too much time engaging trolls from an Arabic country who may indeed be enjoying Canada's hospitality manning a counter of a convenience store, passing excess time on their hands between customers, dissing on Canada's foreign policies and Canadians in general.

Resorting at first opportunity to the 'Racist and Bigot' accusation is indicative of someone from the region well educated and indoctrinated with the concepts of deflection propaganda that are used to great success with pandering agencies, and indeed whole countries, already endowed with a subliminal dislike for a particular demographic of the worlds population who are used as the whipping boy for all things negative for eons.

It is historical in it's origins and undeniably pervasive.

One need look at just one of those thousands of pictures of proud Palestinian parents parading kiddies as young as 5 around dressed in cammo, wearing a suicide vest while armed with AK-47 to understand the type of morality involved in maintaining this impossible impasse . Who in their right mind would subject their own child/children to that evil indoctination? They don't want peace; they want vengeance and total eradication of Jews; nothing more, nothing less.

In this regard the Palestinians are nothing more than the 'dumb' and malleable pointy-end-of-the-stick Arabs are using to poke Israel's eye. Much the same description could be used for the rock some azzhole is going to throw off a highway overpass at ANY car passing underneath. It is merely a dumb weapon wielded by an entity with no morals or scruples whatsoever.
Look at this everyone BruSan is back like the Taliban! Didn't you say you were done, on more than one occasion? Why do you keep coming back and digging yourself into a bigger hole? All you're doing is exposing how prejudice you really are.

I've clearly stated before that I am not an Arab, do not originate from the Middle East, and I am not a Muslim, and that I was born in Canada. I don't know why I volunteered this information, but according to BruSan over here, this is the criteria someone needs to have in order for him to take your opinion seriously. Wow...working at a convenience store..and bashing Canadians. You are one sick disturbed individual.

Let me translate once again what BruSan is saying "If you oppose Israel, you must be an Arab, therefore your opinion means, nothing, now go get me a pack of smokes and 6 pack cause you're below me because you work at a convenience store and weren't born here".

First BruSan bashes Arabs, Islam, now he bashes immigrants to Canada. Who else don't you like?

Should I ask you what your background is, then discredit your opinion based on that? Am I the only one who's deeply disturbed by BruSan's blatant bigotry here?

You're dehumanizing Palestinians. I never said all Israelis are evil. I said they're government is terrible. You focus on bashing all Palestinians, saying they're vengeful people at the core, by nature.

Here is proof of Israelis celebrating the death of Gaza children. It goes both ways. I'm not going to paint all Israelis with the same brush.

Video: Right-wing Israelis celebrate the deaths of Gazan children - Telegraph

All your posts are pathetic and irrelevant. But keep it up, you're earning quite a reputation.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneyed View Post
Look at this everyone BruSan is back like the Taliban! Didn't you say you were done, on more than one occasion? Why do you keep coming back and digging yourself into a bigger hole? All you're doing is exposing how prejudice you really are.

I've clearly stated before that I am not an Arab, do not originate from the Middle East, and I am not a Muslim, and that I was born in Canada. I don't know why I volunteered this information, but according to BruSan over here, this is the criteria someone needs to have in order for him to take your opinion seriously. Wow...working at a convenience store..and bashing Canadians. You are one sick disturbed individual.

Let me translate once again what BruSan is saying "If you oppose Israel, you must be an Arab, therefore your opinion means, nothing, now go get me a pack of smokes and 6 pack cause you're below me because you work at a convenience store and weren't born here".

First BruSan bashes Arabs, Islam, now he bashes immigrants to Canada. Who else don't you like?

Should I ask you what your background is, then discredit your opinion based on that? Am I the only one who's deeply disturbed by BruSan's blatant bigotry here?

You're dehumanizing Palestinians. I never said all Israelis are evil. I said they're government is terrible. You focus on bashing all Palestinians, saying they're vengeful people at the core, by nature.

Here is proof of Israelis celebrating the death of Gaza children. It goes both ways. I'm not going to paint all Israelis with the same brush.

Video: Right-wing Israelis celebrate the deaths of Gazan children - Telegraph

All your posts are pathetic and irrelevant. But keep it up, you're earning quite a reputation.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:42 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,623,570 times
Just an fyi...

When I heard about the Parliament shooting I must say I was shocked and saddened by the news. Unfortunately our
democratic societies are seeing more and more of these kinds of attacks. Such are the weak to bring free and tolerant societies to their knees with destruction.

I recall a trip to Quebec last year and being outside one of the large major government buildings and looking at the grounds I just happened to think that there was no security around, no guards, no people at all by the area. I noted this to others nearby and then said yes that that was the deal. In hindight I guess it was a matter of time considering the state of the world today. I'm sure Ottawa and also Quebec City will be looking much much harder now at their security arrangements around government buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Ottawa-Gatineau