Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2016, 10:43 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I've had Cornish hen twice in my life. First time was at a restaurant and it was delish. Second time, many years later, my husband cooked it and it was also delish. However, afterwards I started feeling almost drugged and developed a raging headache. I looked at the label and there were a bunch of chemicals added -- can't remember what they were anymore. I'm assuming they were the culprit. No more Cornish hen for me. Hope yours is organic!

How are you going to cook it?
No chemmies listed on the label.

I dunno how I'll cook it. Probably in the oven but I'll look online for ideas. If it wasn't so darn hot, I'd consider BBQ-ing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 10:47 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

I dunno how I'll cook it. Probably in the oven but I'll look online for ideas. If it wasn't so darn hot, I'd consider BBQ-ing it.
How hot is it? Maybe you could just stick it out on the porch for the day and let it slow roast.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:07 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

When I ate dead birds, I used to just put it in the oven with some melted butter and herbs on the skin. Some people stuff them.

ETA: Oh wait, just remembered, some people put the herbs and butter UNDER the skin where the skin is open on top, you know, where its POOR LITTLE HEAD USED TO BE and then the flavor goes all through. I've done that.

I'm just f'ing with ya. I ate meat for 57 years, not going to tell anyone else they shouldn't.

If you ever want to try parakeet, I think I can get you one really cheep...

OK, yes it's hot here, too, and time to go to the beach.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:13 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
I feel guilty that I like eating dead animals-and sometimes wearing them.

Cat

Old 08-05-2016, 12:44 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I feel guilty that I like eating dead animals-and sometimes wearing them.

Cat
I always did, too, and I had short vegetarian periods in my life, but I always went back to it. Then two years ago my daughter became vegan. She moved to China for more than a year, then she left China and decided to bounce around Europe for a month. I met her in Europe in November and told her I would not eat meat while we traveled but that we were visiting 3 countries with great cheese and I was going to eat it. She ate some too. She has occasional encounters with dairy.

I just never went back to eating meat, but I do have fish sometimes so I guess I am actually pescatarian.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:57 PM

I bowed out on the talk of lost loved ones that was taking place here last week; it was hitting a nerve because we've lost several people in the last year. But there was more sad news today and it makes me tired, for my mom's sake more than anything. She is an incredibly strong woman, but I don't know how much one person can take in such a short time. Her husband, her son, and now her only sibling is rapidly nearing the end of life, too. She handles it with such grace, bless her heart. I'm so proud of her and incredibly grateful for her example.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
I bowed out on the talk of lost loved ones that was taking place here last week; it was hitting a nerve because we've lost several people in the last year. But there was more sad news today and it makes me tired, for my mom's sake more than anything. She is an incredibly strong woman, but I don't know how much one person can take in such a short time. Her husband, her son, and now her only sibling is rapidly nearing the end of life, too. She handles it with such grace, bless her heart. I'm so proud of her and incredibly grateful for her example.
(((Pleroo's Mom)))

Old 08-05-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
(((Pleroo's Mom)))
Thank you Dew. That made me misty.

Old 08-05-2016, 04:10 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
Quote:

(((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Old 08-05-2016, 09:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Sorry, Pleroo.

As the eldest of six, I expect/hope to be the first to die. I'd hate to bury a sibling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism