Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2016, 08:03 AM

23,209 posts, read 10,505,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Sorry, Pleroo.

As the eldest of six, I expect/hope to be the first to die. I'd hate to bury a sibling.
Dang you must have been a Daddy to all your siblings, my sister was like my mother. My grandmother had 12 kids and my mom was the youngest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 08:35 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,232,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Dang you must have been a Daddy to all your siblings, my sister was like my mother. My grandmother had 12 kids and my mom was the youngest.
I was protective of them, especially outside the family - in the playground, at school etc. But I was bossy too and did my fair share of pulling rank in the house. Until I was 14, we all shared one bedroom. We could traverse the whole room just by hopping from bed to bed, never having to touch the floor. Made for great pillow fight wars.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I was protective of them, especially outside the family - in the playground, at school etc. But I was bossy too and did my fair share of pulling rank in the house. Until I was 14, we all shared one bedroom. We could traverse the whole room just by hopping from bed to bed, never having to touch the floor. Made for great pillow fight wars.
Good times good times. I only had two siblings but we always had other people in the house. There was a Teen challenge drug rehab in Houston back in the day and when it burned, we took in 50 people for about a year. We always had 3 extra live ins, 3 boys my age, but in an average year, there would be 15 people in our house. It was a very unique way of growing up. Hippy Christians and everyone sang Johnny Cash. It seemed they were only Christians for a while, must of them were drug users, but there are still some of them who became missionaries{Poor working Christians helping poor people} and are still in 3rd world countries helping people. It was something to watch lives change and that one who became great was worth all the other low lifes that stole money and cars from us, that one person we helped was worth all the bad. one has been in Guatamala all these years, and we get letters from Ecuador for decades from another.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:49 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,231,559 times
Thinking of you today, Pleroo. How are you?

Old 08-06-2016, 10:18 AM

5,856 posts, read 5,299,873 times
Quote:
Sorry, Pleroo.

As the eldest of six, I expect/hope to be the first to die. I'd hate to bury a sibling.

I'm the last of 6. Even at a very young age, the thought of being the sole survivor made me very sad. We are now down to 5-and it wasn't the oldest-second oldest, but oldest sister.

Cat

Old 08-06-2016, 10:21 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,416,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Thinking of you today, Pleroo. How are you?
Aw, thanks Dew. I'm okay. Like I said, I'm mainly hurting for my mom, but she seems to be holding up well. She's got that sort of peaceful "death is simply part of life" attitude, which partly comes from her religious beliefs, but mainly comes from her just being who she is.

I'll be honest, here, although I'm not sure how appropriate of a topic this is in this forum: part of what makes all the deaths difficult for me is having been so thoroughly indoctrinated with the fundamentalist Christian fear of God and hell growing up and for most of my adult life.

All of the family members that have passed in the last year (besides the ones I mentioned, there have been 2 others) were Christians, and all of the funerals and talk surrounding these deaths include the idea that they are safe in God's arms BECAUSE they were Christian -- no eternal torment for them. My brain absolutely rejects such foolishness, but when death hits close and it makes you think about your own mortality, it sometimes takes a concerted effort to not get sucked down into that insidious religious soul-destroying darkness.

On the upside of that, I DO work through it, and I do NOT get sucked into it for long periods. These are relatively "new muscles" for me and they needed to be trained.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I'm the last of 6. Even at a very young age, the thought of being the sole survivor made me very sad. We are now down to 5-and it wasn't the oldest-second oldest, but oldest sister.

Cat
So sorry, Cat.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post

Cat
I know right, so freaking hard when my sister died a slow death, it was horrifying, I have problems forgiving my cousin cause he came to my sisters house the day before she died and stole the pain meds, and then he came back the day she died and my mom tells him,'' There aint no more left, get out.''

I can't see a way of not putting my hands on him. Before he stole those meds , he took a c note out of mom's purse.

It's my curse cause I have to forgive, I need to beat on him for a while and I will be ok after that, and it is swiftly coming to that end.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:56 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,232,868 times
Quote:
I know right, so freaking hard when my sister died a slow death, it was horrifying, I have problems forgiving my cousin cause he came to my sisters house the day before she died and stole the pain meds, and then he came back the day she died and my mom tells him,'' There aint no more left, get out.''

I can't see a way of not putting my hands on him. Before he stole those meds , he took a c note out of mom's purse.

It's my curse cause I have to forgive, I need to beat on him for a while and I will be ok after that, and it is swiftly coming to that end.
I hear you my friend and understand. I'd probably do likewise.

I'd forgive him, and myself, while soaking my knuckles in ice.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:

Sorry about your sister, too, HF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism