Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2020, 03:09 PM

251 posts, read 332,925 times

Advertisements

I have followed the pagan path for years. I am an eclectic pagan/witch if you may. I was wondering if in this time of covid 19 how to reinivigorate my pagan practice? Any suggestions? I am a channeler and think perhaps I should just journal this question out. But I am open to hearing other people's thoughts.....Jules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 04:54 PM

32,664 posts, read 48,091,772 times
As far as I know, pagans do not do missionary work.

People are called by the religion or they are not. They do the quest or they do not.

I suppose you could start some videos on You Tube, in case someone is searching and doesn't know where to look. I suspect that you would get a bunch of dilettantes that are looking for the latest fashion. But, what the heck, give it a try.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:26 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesevar View Post
I have followed the pagan path for years. I am an eclectic pagan/witch if you may. I was wondering if in this time of covid 19 how to reinivigorate my pagan practice? Any suggestions? I am a channeler and think perhaps I should just journal this question out. But I am open to hearing other people's thoughts.....Jules
Follow the twists and turns of a creek threading itself through a woods until you come to a big fallen log.

Sit on it and stay still.

It won't be long before the life you were unaware of makes itself known. Dragonflies will appear. A fish rises in the pool. A kingfisher alights on an overhanging branch, scanning the water for lunch. An ant takes a shortcut across your shoe on its way to wherever it's headed.

Your pagan parts will awaken.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:08 AM

43,150 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Follow the twists and turns of a creek threading itself through a woods until you come to a big fallen log.

Sit on it and stay still.

It won't be long before the life you were unaware of makes itself known. Dragonflies will appear. A fish rises in the pool. A kingfisher alights on an overhanging branch, scanning the water for lunch. An ant takes a shortcut across your shoe on its way to wherever it's headed.

Your pagan parts will awaken.
How beautifully put. The ocean and beach do that for me and I get out there every morning at dawn to walk the shore.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:49 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
How beautifully put. The ocean and beach do that for me and I get out there every morning at dawn to walk the shore.
That works too.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:55 AM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
I don't go every morning, TMS, but I live about a fifteen-minute drive from the ocean, some 600 miles north of you, and have a number of times opened my eyes before dawn and went with the urge to go watch the sunrise. It never gets old.

Being at the edge of the ocean will easily connect you.

It works for me with other bodies of water as well. A pristine lake, a moving river.

And always the woods.

Old 07-10-2020, 02:47 PM

43,150 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't go every morning, TMS, but I live about a fifteen-minute drive from the ocean, some 600 miles north of you, and have a number of times opened my eyes before dawn and went with the urge to go watch the sunrise. It never gets old.

Being at the edge of the ocean will easily connect you.

It works for me with other bodies of water as well. A pristine lake, a moving river.

And always the woods.
It was one of my New Year resolutions...to walk the beach every morning.
I didn't get down there as much as I wanted last year and found myself saying "Bah..I'll go tomorrow" one too many days.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:23 PM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
It was one of my New Year resolutions...to walk the beach every morning.
I didn't get down there as much as I wanted last year and found myself saying "Bah..I'll go tomorrow" one too many days.
What a great way to start your day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism