Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 02:28 PM

369 posts, read 772,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Well somebody has to supply replacement workers to keep the system going, there's nothing stupid about that at all. Having done my bit by supplying four productive adults to the system I figure I should get a little more than those who've supplied less. And those who've supplied more than I have should be entitled to more than me.

I'm not saying that those who haven't supplied new workers aren't entitled, just that they're entitled to less.

well comrade, I've contributed more to society in 10 minutes than a significant number of parents - and their kids - will their entire lives. Just because someone has manged a basic biological function the even turtles do does not make them contributors to the greater good. Oh and by the way Winston, Big Brother doesn't really love you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 04:06 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_c View Post
That attitude, the it's different when they're your own, someone to take care of you when you're old, the greatest love you will ever know are all on the Childfree Bingo Card.
Why does this bother people so much?

Old 11-06-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:

well comrade, I've contributed more to society in 10 minutes than a significant number of parents - and their kids - will their entire lives. Just because someone has manged a basic biological function the even turtles do does not make them contributors to the greater good. Oh and by the way Winston, Big Brother doesn't really love you.
Care to follow this assertion with proof?

Old 11-07-2010, 09:00 PM

369 posts, read 772,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Care to follow this assertion with proof?

Sure, awarded the President's call to Service Award for over 7000 hours of volunteer EMS and SAR. Helped put at least one child killer in jail. Currently have one of the highest rates of identifying and reporting child abuse in the company where I work. Currently serve as a Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support instructor teaching other nurses and Paramedics techniques to help save lives. Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Neonatal Resuscitation qualified. Trauma Nurse and Prehospital Trauma Life Support Qualified. Have no idea how many children are still here becasue of the professional and volunteer work I do. I do know that most of the lives I've touched would not have needed me if the parents were the least bit prudent.

What have you done?

Old 11-07-2010, 09:07 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,684,083 times
Quote:
Sure, awarded the President's call to Service Award for over 7000 hours of volunteer EMS and SAR. Helped put at least one child killer in jail. Currently have one of the highest rates of identifying and reporting child abuse in the company where I work. Currently serve as a Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support instructor teaching other nurses and Paramedics techniques to help save lives. Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Neonatal Resuscitation qualified. Trauma Nurse and Prehospital Trauma Life Support Qualified. Have no idea how many children are still here becasue of the professional and volunteer work I do. I do know that most of the lives I've touched would not have needed me if the parents were the least bit prudent.
You sound like a lifesaver to me. Good on ya for all the fine things you have done and thank you for doing them.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:49 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Quote:

What have you done?
She's done TMIJITW.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:

What have you done?
Good for you. What have I done? I donate countless hours of my time volunteering at the local soup kitchen as well as one the domestic violence shelters. I donate my professional skills for fundraisers and benefits.

Maybe it's not direct life saving, but I feel confident I am making a difference in people's lives.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
She's done TMIJITW.
What is that?

Old 11-08-2010, 03:46 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:

What have you done?
All this is very admirable indeed but hardly 10 minutes like you said. What's with the excessive boasting?

Old 11-08-2010, 04:11 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What is that?
The most interesting _____ in the world. Not sure what the J stands for--I usually see it as TMIMITW (M = man, the Dos Equis guy).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting