Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:56 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,293,887 times

Advertisements

I feel for the parents. Our own son, along with two friends was killed in a horrible accident in 2001. Regarding some of the responders, not ALL are dispassionate. The officer, a former marine, no less, who discovered the boys and called for assistance was so traumatized by the scene, he left the profession for about nine months before he felt able to return to police work. Sometimes people likely do get a bit jaded when they deal with death all the time in their profession. However, we need to consider what our own feelings would be if it involved one of our loved ones. A perfect time to consider "the golden rule." As Jesus said, "Do to others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:31 NIV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 01:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,251,013 times
kaykay,

I am SO sorry for the loss of your son. God bless you and your family.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:22 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,588,884 times
To me, death and dying is a very private and personal thing. NEVER should pictures be taken at scenes like that, much less video...UNLESS foul play was suspected.

But, like someone said, that was a 30 second clip and we don't know how long they had been there before the video was made. I am sure they had already checked her and knew she was dead... Still, as a human, you do not want to ever see your kids/loved ones like that and it was extremely disrespectful of anyone to take pictures or make a video of such a thing. VERY poor judgment on the part of the responder who did that.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:23 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,306,860 times
I'm always amazed when people post stuff like this acting all outraged but while actually spreading the video around to everyone on the internet. I'm not sure OP but are you the same one that kept posting the CA girl in the Porshe video last year in an attempt to "get the word out" that this kind of thing happens? If not I apologize, but I sort of had it out with that poster at the time for having an agenda that had nothing to do with respect for the family. You can talk about it without posting links you know.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:30 PM

17,472 posts, read 16,647,402 times
I agree that a link to that firefighter's video would have been totally out of line.

But I believe that the link the OP provided goes to a news story about what happened and the parent's reaction to it - not the actual video taken at the crash scene.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:59 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,173,022 times
A law needs to be set in place on this sort of thing. With so much technology at our hands this sort of thing is bound to happen more and more. A year ago i got an email from a friend and the subject line said something about not to text while driving. I was completely appalled when after I read the obvious dangers paragraph that the rest of the email showed very very graphic photos of car accidents. Bodies torn in half and so forth....well you get the idea. I couldnt believe it. It really upset me that such a thing was going around and that a friend of mine sent it to me! All I kept thinking about was how someone else's tragedy was now entertainment. I could tell this email had been forwarded many times. I deleted it and of course did not forward it on to anyone else. It really does make wonder if we are headed for a complete compassionless society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting