Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 06:56 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Late update. The guy they arrested was not the fellow they accidently let out of jail. Which means we could do this all over again.
That explains it! It didn't make sense to me that a guy who was arrested for aggrevated assult suddenly became armed and dangerous. If I was a dude who got out of jail by accident, I'd be laying low. This isn't a prison break. It's a guy who got out on bail on a lesser charge because the paperwork for the aggrevated assult didn't get processed. I'm glad they caught the mall guy and nobody got hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hope everyone had a nice day. Hopes, how you feeling?
I'm feeling good today. Still having trouble getting off the Dew, but I've significantly cut down. Haven't gotten my prescriptions filled yet. Change and new routines are hard for me. I'm a big proscrastinator.

I'm trying to arrange a ski trip for the weekend for my kids and their friends. It's like herding turtles. Why can't teenagers plan anything in advance? Oh, they'll all go. There's no doubt about that. But it's like pulling teeth to get them to think past the here and now. Drives me nuts!

I made the mistake of laying down for a nap late this afternoon. Ended up sleeping for a few hours. I'll be up all night. Maybe I'll work on the laundry. Darn shame stores aren't open 24 hours!

Old 01-05-2011, 07:24 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Quote:
We played Big Band music at our wedding reception
We did also...we had our reception at a locally historic location and I just felt that rock music didn't fit the venue. Plus, I knew that a large portion of our guests were older family members and I wanted them to enjoy themselves. The dance floor was busy all night long...

Old 01-05-2011, 08:01 PM

Wow! This forum has suddenly come to a sudden standstill.

Where else do you guys hang out on the internet?

I've pretty much focused on CityData for the past few years...

Old 01-05-2011, 08:12 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times
hm? I hang out here. Sometimes at the Work and Employment Forum and lots of time at NYC forum. I started their chat thread there!

Also, I saw one of the worst restaurant scenes in a while while I was in South Beach. Not only did the little girl cry and cry while her parents carried on with their sushi, they let her down from her high chair and she ran out into the street and was nearly hit by a car. It was an awful sight.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Also, I saw one of the worst restaurant scenes in a while while I was in South Beach. Not only did the little girl cry and cry while her parents carried on with their sushi, they let her down from her high chair and she ran out into the street and was nearly hit by a car. It was an awful sight.
OMG! I bet that was frightening to see! How did the parents act after she almost got hit by a car?

Old 01-05-2011, 08:19 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times
They pretty much got mad at the car...the father caught her just in time. They where also mad they had to put down the sake for a minute.

I can't figure out why people bring little kids to sushi restaurants, there isn't much to eat for them. I really felt bad for the girl. I also felt bad for everyone else who was dining since i was really disruptive.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Where else do you guys hang out on the internet?
This is it - oh except I did recently join another board as a football fan but I mostly only lurk there.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:29 PM

I need a new hobby. I really do!

I read and I garden and I horseback ride and ride bikes and I'm into my dogs, etc.

But I need to start pursuing all of the things I always dreamed about but thought I never had time.

Something creative. I wanted to start dying material. I love patterns and colors. Material from India is so pretty.

I ended up with this "internet hobby" because it was an easy way to be home to monitor teens without helicoptering over them.

I made the mistake of letting parenting take over my entire identity. Now that I almost have an empty nest (the kids are young adults and don't need me to watch them), I'm lost.

I went back to school, but it's not fun or fullfilling. It's important and purposeful. But I want to create something! Pottery? Jewelry? Something!

What hobbies do you guys have? Or are you all in the same boat as me? I think it's a common problem for parents, especially mothers.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:35 PM

I have done different things over the years. I'm now working more than I did when my kids were younger and God willing that will keep me busy for the next chunk of my life....I'm also a big reader and I am somewhat creative/artistic. I would like to pick up my art again. Watercolor has always intrigued me as has photography.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:36 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
I like to cook. And I make wicked scones that every thinks I should sell. Little problem called the health department though....

I do garden. I used to be a big runner - 5 miles or more a day. Then knee problems nipped that in the bud.

I'm really boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting