Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:45 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,359,544 times

Advertisements

The bottom line is if you want to take your shower before you go to work, you get up earlier so you have more leeway. You can't force your brother to respect you and schedule his activities around your work schedule. If you yell at him or take an attitude you can bet he'll be in the shower at 1 o'clock every day just to be a smart aleck.

You can't control when others use the bathroom or shower. You can, however, take control of it by adjusting your schedule so you are up an hour earlier and have more wiggle room.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:46 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
AND you CAN control how much power you let him have by getting this wound up over a silly shower!

Old 02-20-2011, 04:48 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Give him a taste of his own medicine and take your shower before he has to go to school. This will be the most effective teacher.....though i will admit if you are working at the gas station you taking a shower really isn't needed :-P.
Oh hell no! Lol I know you're kidding but no way.
I would never go out with friends, to work or anywhere for that matter if I wasn't showered and hair and make up done. I mean I will run somewhere real quick if I have to like if somewhere is going to close but I always look decent when I go out. Appearances really are everything people DO judge you by how you look and I'm not a dirty nasty unclean person and never want to be viewed as such.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:54 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,864,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Oh hell no! Lol I know you're kidding but no way.
I would never go out with friends, to work or anywhere for that matter if I wasn't showered and hair and make up done. I mean I will run somewhere real quick if I have to like if somewhere is going to close but I always look decent when I go out. Appearances really are everything people DO judge you by how you look and I'm not a dirty nasty unclean person and never want to be viewed as such.
No i'm not kidding actually believe it or not :-P. Dear you are serving people gas...your appearance isn't going to catapult you anywhere extra in this instance. And worrying about if people judge you shouldn't be a concern of yours. The opinion of other people should never sway your hand and be a factor on how you live your life. And i don't shower everyday...and have never had anyone view me as dirty. It's actually not healthy to do it everyday to be honest as you kill off beneficial bacteria and risk being sick more often.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:00 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
No i'm not kidding actually believe it or not :-P. Dear you are serving people gas...your appearance isn't going to catapult you anywhere extra in this instance. And worrying about if people judge you shouldn't be a concern of yours. The opinion of other people should never sway your hand and be a factor on how you live your life. And i don't shower everyday...and have never had anyone view me as dirty. It's actually not healthy to do it everyday to be honest as you kill off beneficial bacteria and risk being sick more often.
I like to shower everyday.
I like to do my hair and make up and look nice.
I shave everyday as well I hate my legs feeling prickly.
Maybe it makes me high maintenence but I have friends who don't shower everyday, her socks and shoes always smells nasty, my other friends hair always looks gross. I don't want to look like that. Its just not me.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Lecture time. (Don't say I didn't warn you.)

Fourty percent (40%) of the people on this planet do not have access to a toilet or clean water. (They don't have clean water to drink, much less bathe in.) If this "problem" is what get's your goat on a nice Sunday afternoon maybe you should stop and chew on that figure for a while.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:57 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Dry shampoo should be your best friend.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:22 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Then stop asking for advice. You're a big girl. Take your big girl pill and pretend to be an adult.

You are asking an awful lot for this 21 year old drama queen.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:18 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,566 times
Txt, you don't have to answer this question, but maybe you should really think about why you start these kinds of threads when you KNOW how everyone here will respond. I just can't see what's in it for you to have it pointed out to you over and over again that you're spoiled, ungrateful, and immature. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I just don't understand why you seek out the same kind of response over and over.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:29 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,616,167 times
Um, he's a teen boy. Teen boys do far more than shower in the bathroom. Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting