Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 07:52 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
This is how you learn about car maintenance. Nobody holds your hand. You take your car to the dealership or a mechanic and you deal with it. If what they say doesn't make sense, you get a second opinion. Call people on the phone and ask them if what the mechanic is saying makes sense. Google it and research it. I've diagnosed my own car problems on the internet many times.

Honey, if this is a new car, it has a warranty. Be glad for that. It's not like they are going to be scamming you out of money----if they're scamming, they'll scam the warranty out of money.

I think you're being paranoid about it. I'm not insulting you. I was the same way when I was young and didn't know anything about cars. At your age, I would have freaked and taken it in too. I would have paid money I didn't need to pay. Today, I'd drive the darn thing if the noise went way. I'd wait to see if the noise came back before I bothered to have it checked.

While the things your mother is saying sound very harsh, it also sounds like you are being extremely immature and annoying to her.

Get a grip. This is part of car ownership. Learn how to cope.
I would at least like to NOT walk 10.6 miles back to my house when I have to leave my car at the dealership. Now that would take me all day.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:58 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I would at least like to NOT walk 10.6 miles back to my house when I have to leave my car at the dealership. Now that would take me all day.
Most dealerships provide customers with a ride home. If that's not available, there are always taxis.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:17 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Most dealerships provide customers with a ride home. If that's not available, there are always taxis.
While I thank you for the suggestion, I do not have the money.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:20 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
bus?

Old 05-09-2011, 08:35 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,805 times
Hopes and maciesmom- thank you for your insights on the sport of lacrosse! I'll have to let him know he should definitely give it a try. Ahh, just another thing to look forward to in middle school..I haven't seen him look forward to something as much as he has this in quite some time- we were at 5th grade orientation last week and I could literally feel his excitement as we walked into the building. A land of new things I guess??

Old 05-09-2011, 08:48 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Oh FFS, txt, get on google maps and find a public transit route home.

Type in the dealer's address, then your address, and click get directions, then click on the picture that looks like a bus. It is in fact, a bus - it's a long vehicle with wheels and seats.

But in all likelihood, the dealer will sort out a ride for you. Hezzle, they may even loan you a car. I dunno. Figure it out, woman.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:06 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,805 times
Do you have a bike?? 10 miles biking isn't hard, assuming you're in relatively good shape.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:12 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
MM I loved the banquets and eating bad chicken. Have a good time!
I love that stuff too...Just got back. They did a nice job. It's things like this that I think about and get my dander up when people start trashing high school sports or high school athletes. The connection these boys have with each other and with the coaches.....Lifelong lessons and friendships...To see all these young men, dressed up and wearing ties and appreciating not only their individual accomplishments but their accomplishments as part of something larger than themselves. And recognizing that they did not get there by themselves. That many people had a hand in their success. From their parents to the booster club to the coaches, and the sacrifices made by the coaches wives and families. The awards given not only for athletic achievement but for academic achievement as well, and for community service and involvement. It really is something special. I understand it's not for everyone. It wouldn't have been for me - I was the kid that hated PE...but on some level, I really do envy the bond that these kids form....sigh.....

Old 05-10-2011, 07:35 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Good Morning All! It's supposed to be a scorcher today. I love this time of year, the garden is beautiful. We have lots of trees in the yard, and lots of bird houses. When we first moved into this house I thought the birdhouses were cute, if a bit tacky, but that first spring I realized the birdhouses are a necessity. Every nook and cranny gets used for avian accommodations around here.

I was a bit surprised to read about Maria Shriver and Arnold splitting up, although they do make an odd couple. I wonder if the stories about him being such a cad are true?

Old 05-10-2011, 09:10 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
I was surprised about Arnold and Maria too. Cooling off here. Even a chance of snow tomorrow.

Did any one see the news story (CBS last night, Today show this am) about a new Autism study? From the little bit I heard, it sounds like DS7 might be on the spectrum. I'm not going to run out looking for a diagnosis, but it is a little frightening. It makes me that much more frustrated that his doctors have been blowing off every worry I have about him.

TODAY Video Player
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting