Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
I won't lie. I have 3 friends who have new girls..2 due to Breast Cancer, 1 due to wanting them. They are fantastic. Seriously. When my first friend got them (mind you we have been friends since we were 8) I couldn't stop grabbing them.
You're okay! There's a big difference between a childhood friend and a fellow student you've only know for a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I've never thought it was worth the risk or the money to get implants, but as I get older, and they get more difficult to deal with, I can see why people do it.
In hindsight, I wish I had felt differently about implants when I was younger.

I imagine my life would have been much more interesting if I had had a large rack.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:53 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Morning all...feeling a little better about things today - they just are what they are. Thankfully, nothing DD deals with has any long term affects - most of it just tends to be a lot of stuff that is not unusual or life threatening, it just all seems to have decided to show up in a cluster of about 5 years (although looking back, she was symptomatic for quite some time before that on some issues but the symptoms in and of themselves, weren't alarming or unusual and could be explained by other stuff). After this there is one more thing we know about that "could" be an issue but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. The weird thing is - it is all unrelated. It's just odd.

I woke up last night sneezing like all get out. Allergies have decided to hit me for the first time in years. Luckily, I had some Zyrtec around and that helps me. Much cheaper than the Allegra that DH and DD have to use.

I'll try to resist the urge to shout out weird and potentially unappetizing (to me anyway) food just to see what I can get ewag to crave/eat.

I won't be needing any "upgrades" any time soon. I'm happy to donate to the cause though....

OK - off the the salt mines.....have a good day all.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:57 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
I don't want mine any bigger, just higher

Both kids off to school and the whole house to myself with nothing on the schedule. I have tons to do, but no place to be.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:59 AM

13,428 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Ha! Me too kibbie, me too.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:20 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,198,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

I imagine my life would have been much more interesting if I had had a large rack.
Only for quantities of "interesting" which involve having every man you know talk to your chest. Seriously.

Quote:
You mean those bruises on my knees aren't a great fashion statement? Darn!

On a different topic, since I saw Tim Tebow's name bandied about once or twice:
Why do so many seem to want Tim Tebow to fail? - St. Petersburg Times

Disclaimer: I'm not a Tebow fan, particularly. I don't care one way or another about pro ball, though I did think it was kind of cool when the Buccaneers hired a Vodoun practitioner to remove the curse they were under back in the eighties (IIRC, it didn't work). All I know about Tebow is he used to be a Gator, which is enough to faintly damn him, even if he was homeschooled.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:38 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Morning all. I'm hoping to wake up at some point during the day.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:53 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
I should have added a or a or a to my post this morning. I would never comment on anyone's "work" or "enhancements". As long as they are happy, that's all that matters.

Random chatter from the Zimbo breakfast table this morning:

DS: "Mom, why don't you just tell people you are from Australia?"

Me: "Ummm.....why would I do that?"

DS: "Well everyone thinks you are Australian anyway, and you kinda talk like an Australian, and when I tell people you are from Zimbabwe, no-one ever knows where that is."

Old 08-16-2011, 09:53 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
I guess that's the advantage to having small ones. Mine are still up there. They seem to plan to stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite
Only for quantities of "interesting" which involve having every man you know talk to your chest. Seriously.
I'm sure being viewed as a sex object gets old. Sadly, I wouldn't know first hand.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:06 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
I guess that's the advantage to having small ones. Mine are still up there. They seem to plan to stay there.
Wait. One night you'll go to bed with the girls all perky and up there. The next morning you wake up and wonder WTH happened while you were asleep.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:10 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Quote:
In hindsight, I wish I had felt differently about implants when I was younger.
In hindsight I wish I had the money to have implants when younger! I so would have done it. It's a running joke here. I get the next big purchase. But at 43 I kind of feel I'm past getting it done - They would seem to "new" for my body. I basically have mosquito bites for boobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Random chatter from the Zimbo breakfast table this morning:

DS: "Mom, why don't you just tell people you are from Australia?"

Me: "Ummm.....why would I do that?"

DS: "Well everyone thinks you are Australian anyway, and you kinda talk like an Australian, and when I tell people you are from Zimbabwe, no-one ever knows where that is."

Have a t-shirt made with a map on it. Then he can point it out to his friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.