Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2011, 09:54 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Don't get me started

I have really been enjoying having everyone home and together lately...even though I know it's temporary.
I know - you have a double whammy next spring. How was the weekend with DD home?

Old 08-08-2011, 09:59 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
We've had a great time. She's actually home for a bit...doing all her dr/dentist appts then she'll take a small detour to Dew's neck of the woods ..a few more days here then back to school for the final countdown....

Old 08-08-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
We've had a great time. She's actually home for a bit...doing all her dr/dentist appts then she'll take a small detour to Dew's neck of the woods ..a few more days here then back to school for the final countdown....
That's nice - so no rushed weekend. Enjoy having her around. We have some friends that give us hard time because DS is such a home body - but I know it won't last and I enjoy it while I can. They are only around for such a short time really.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:16 PM

I'm losing patience with this tendonitis.... some days it'll feel ok for a while but then the pain will keep me up at night. I've been icing it etc....I jusy realized that the wrist brace I had for carpal tunnel on my right hand can go on my left too. I think I'll wear that and see if it helps. I'm wondering if it could be caused by round brushing my hair...that or my Angry Birds addiction..

Old 08-09-2011, 07:22 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Good Morning All! How is everyone this morning?

I'm off to a PTA meeting. Blech! They get you busy before school even starts.

MM - have you considered an anti-inflammatory/steroid shot in the tendon? Sounds worse than it is, and once I had it done I wondered why on earth I hadn't done it sooner. I saw a hand doc.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:53 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,587 times
Quote:
I'm losing patience with this tendonitis.... some days it'll feel ok for a while but then the pain will keep me up at night. I've been icing it etc....I jusy realized that the wrist brace I had for carpal tunnel on my right hand can go on my left too. I think I'll wear that and see if it helps. I'm wondering if it could be caused by round brushing my hair...that or my Angry Birds addiction..
Umm... It may actually be Angry Birds. I have noticed that any time there is a new release, my wrist hurts the next day.

Step away from the Angry Birds.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:00 AM

You people all eat too healthy for me. I don't even know what half of the foods you discuss are. I just know that I am going to age very well with all of the preservatives I eat.

School: I remember always starting the Wed before Labor day. I thought that was great. It always eased us back into school. Started with a 3 day week, then a 4 day, then finally into 5 day weeks. They don't do that any more. We also used to be some of the earliest to go back as everyone else seemed to start after Labor Day. Now it is the other way around. We are the later starters.

DD's Meet the teacher day is next Wed. She starts school the Monday after. That seems early to me. You guys really start early.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:11 AM

Have you all ever noticed that when you realize money is really tight, you need more than usual? We realized that we had the exact amount of money we needed to get gas, and pay our power bill before they shut it off, so we weren't even doing grocery shopping. Just eating what we could find in the house.

I was driving home from work and blew a head gasket (still waiting to find out if it is more damage). I am sitting on the side of the road coordinating with my dad (works in the car service business) where to have it towed. I am outside for hours in August in FL. DH comes up with DD to bring me home. We had to make a quick stop for milk. I am so tired that I just wait in the car. DH comes out and guess what. The car won't start. Now we are in a parking lot with our only other car dead. We try to have it jumped, but that isn't working.

Luckily, my mom didn't need her car the next day, so my parents came up and lent us a car for work the next day. DH's car was just a battery, which we changed out the next day, but it is very stressful to have both cars break down on the same night. We are exhausted from having to bounce around 2 counties shuffling cars and having to coordinate car usage. We haven't gotten to bed (including DD) before Midnight every night since Thursday. No sleep and stress are making me VERY tired. Tired=cranky.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:27 AM

Sorry to hear that Num....when it rains it pours. Hope the rest of the week goes better.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:34 AM

Morning all -

num - so sorry about all the car issues. It does seem like when things are going to break, they do it all at once. DH needs to replace the timing belt on his car. He has the appointment for next week - it would be horrible if it broke before hand because it will ruin the engine. That would be our luck.

Thankfully our a.c. issue just seemed to be me trying to get it cooler in the house than it was outside! No problems now that I started turning it off at night. It was 53 degrees outside this morning!

mm - are you playing Angry Birds on a small phone or the iPad? I can see it being an issue on a small phone. That is such an annoying yet addictive game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting