Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2011, 02:22 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Okay - I'm not that brave. The layers seemed to blunt for my liking as well. Although who am I to talk considering what I did Friday.
I think the layers look too much or too choppy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Funny part it, no one could tell I did anything. So I either did a really good job, or.... not sure what. I could probably stand in front of my DH with purple hair though and ask if he notices anything different and he'd say, "Should I?".
Nobody notices when I change my hair either, except the cute-early-20something guy who works at the convenience store. He always notices.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:19 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
DH has spent the day attached to his iPhone watching our investments plummet! Ah well, at least we are healthy and happy (and sunburned ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Nobody notices when I change my hair either, except the cute-early-20something guy who works at the convenience store. He always notices.
Bwahaha!

Old 08-08-2011, 04:51 PM

I've had this song stuck in my head all day, thought I'd share.

‪Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight & The Pips live Midnight Special 1973‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-08-2011, 04:56 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
need to get off the couch. need to make dinner.

this is one of those days I think DH will come home and think "what did you do all day?" He won't notice my hair, either.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
DH has spent the day attached to his iPhone watching our investments plummet! Ah well, at least we are healthy and happy (and sunburned ).
Awe, so sorry to hear that, Zimbo. I read that congress's approval rating is at a record low, below 20%. It's never been that low since the inception of polling. I can't believe the republicans gambled with our economy like that. They're supposed to care about spending and they stonewalled the country into higher interest rates. Their soul purpose was to save the issue for election year. All political and nothing to do with really caring about the country's economy. I can't believe they wouln't come to an agreement that would last through 2013 when they KNEW AHEAD OF TIME our credit rating would fall. That's all they had to do---approve something that would last through 2013---and our credit rating would have been fine. But NO! They had to go making the US look unstable by keeping it for a 2012 talking point at election time. It takes 9 years for a country's credit rating to be lowered. They knew this would happen because the past 9 years have proven the US unworthy of a good rating. They were warned that it would fall if they didn't provide stability by approving something that would go past 2012. I'm furious. I'm even more furious now that you are losing money over it.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
need to get off the couch. need to make dinner.

this is one of those days I think DH will come home and think "what did you do all day?" He won't notice my hair, either.
Men suck like that sometimes. The worse part for me is hubby is home all day. He can see for himself when I don't do anything anything all day.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Awe, so sorry to hear that, Zimbo. I read that congress's approval rating is at a record low, below 20%. It's never been that low since the inception of polling. I can't believe the republicans gambled with our economy like that. They're supposed to care about spending and they stonewalled the country into higher interest rates. Their soul purpose was to save the issue for election year. All political and nothing to do with really caring about the country's economy. I can't believe they wouln't come to an agreement that would last through 2013 when they KNEW AHEAD OF TIME our credit rating would fall. That's all they had to do---approve something that would last through 2013---and our credit rating would have been fine. But NO! They had to go making the US look unstable by keeping it for a 2012 talking point at election time. It takes 9 years for a country's credit rating to be lowered. They knew this would happen because the past 9 years have proven the US unworthy of a good rating. They were warned that it would fall if they didn't provide stability by approving something that would go past 2012. I'm furious. I'm even more furious now that you are losing money over it.
Thanks Hopes. I hope I didn't come across as having a pity party for one, I know just about everyone is affected by this.

I think the Republican party is going to have to decide if they are Tea-lite or not. Part of this mess is bowing down to the demands of the Tea Party, and if the Republicans really and truly embrace that, then so be it, but that will change the future of the party for sure. And since when has negotiation and compromise become such a disdainful thing?

Old 08-08-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
I'm with you. My dad just told me how much of our inheritance was lost today He called his congressman and told him off.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Men suck like that sometimes. The worse part for me is hubby is home all day. He can see for himself when I don't do anything anything all day.
I'd probably do more if he were here all day watching

Old 08-08-2011, 05:35 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
Amen to the Congress comments. I just hope people remember this come election time. At least I got DH to turn off the news. I keep reminding him that the losses are on paper, and we went through the same thing in 2008, but he is really concerned this time.

On a happier note, it looks like we are about to get blasted by a thunderstorm. I love a good storm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting