Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2011, 11:19 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
(thinking "Over the Hill" themed playing cards etc as well as most items that can be purchased from Spencer's -if they even still exist) I generally dislike - they seem a huge waste of money to me and then I'm stuck with what to do with a bunch of crap that is brand new but I don't want.
Ugh - DH got that junk and it ended up in the trash. It's a huge waste of money.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:34 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Ugh - DH got that junk and it ended up in the trash. It's a huge waste of money.
exactly. - then I feel guilty for pitching someone's gift....
I do appreciate a funny gift given from a close friend, who has a reason and knows that I know the reason, to find some object really really hilarious. One thing that pops to mind in my family for awhile was anything themed the "12 Days of Christmas". One year when I was in jr high or high school, my aunt and cousin, my mom, my sister and I drove up to Disneyland for a day and for some reason, on the way home, we got to discussing that song. Of course at some point no one could remember exactly how many lords were leaping or maids were milking or dancers dancing. We got to laughing so hard at one point that we all had tears streaming down our face and most likely had to make a potty stop. For several years, if we would see some random Christmas plate with the 12 Days of Christmas depicted on the rim, we felt it really HAD to be purchased...That kind of gag gift I get. "Over the Hill" shotglasses? Not so much..

Old 08-06-2011, 10:19 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Sshh! Don't tell the parent police we are home, we are all very sunburned!

1 week until school starts, and lots to do. Task #1 is to convince DS to cut his hair. That's going to be tough.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:40 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Sshh! Don't tell the parent police we are home, we are all very sunburned!

1 week until school starts, and lots to do. Task #1 is to convince DS to cut his hair. That's going to be tough.
Morning all!

Welcome back, Zim... glad you guys had a fun time. Ah hair. It's the bane of our existence. Hair brushing causes more hullaballoo around here than picking up toys or taking baths. MissFR has a tangle in the back of her head that makes her look like she has a bigger back comb than my mother in the 70's.

You should probably send the parent police around here after they're done with you. Might as well turn ourselves in.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:30 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Morning all!

MissFR has a tangle in the back of her head that makes her look like she has a bigger back comb than my mother in the 70's.
Haha - almost spit out my coffee on this one!

Welcome home, Zim! I'll send the bad parent police over as soon as they're done with me...

My comment for the morning is ack. Seems the whole Ewag family decided to wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning: we have DaddyMcCrankyPants, LittleSirScreams-a-lot, and me, SnippyVonFussyface. Looks like a lot of mindfulness practice for me today.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:43 AM

Good Morning All!

DS has quite the fro going on at the moment. Think I'll just leave it alone for now.

Good Morning Fin and Ewag!

Fin - the hair thingy does get better as they get older, it did for DD. They lose the fine baby hair and also get more vain. DD spends hours on grooming these days. My hair is very curly, and I remember at 4-ish my mom not brushing it for quite some time. I had unintentional dreads for about a year.

Ewag - sorry the grumps has hit your abode. The only sure cure I know for the grumps is ice cream.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The only sure cure I know for the grumps is ice cream.
Mmmmm, methinks I feel a trip to Maggie Moo's coming on....

Old 08-07-2011, 08:51 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Mmmmm, methinks I feel a trip to Maggie Moos coming on....
Oooo... what is Maggie Moos? Sounds like somewhere I need to be.

Especially seeing as our freezer is sitting open waiting for the repairman and all our ice cream is now officially soup.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:06 AM

Fin - is it just the freezer or is the fridge kaput too?

Old 08-07-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oooo... what is Maggie Moos? Sounds like somewhere I need to be.

Especially seeing as our freezer is sitting open waiting for the repairman and all our ice cream is now officially soup.
Oh, dude - so sorry about your fridge!! That is seriously no fun.

Maggie Moo's is like Coldstone - they mix a base ice cream and various add-ins on a cold counter to order. It is amazing!! The one near me is in Warrington, but I think there are others floating around the Philly area, too - totally worth the trip (and the bazillion calories!). MaggieMoo's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting