Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 07:49 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Yes - but I'm not sure why!
Right there with you - I have no idea either, but both DH and I thought yesterday was Friday for a bit?? Very disappointing! I'm kind of glad it's not just me - I'm getting tired of blaming everything on placenta brain!!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:18 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,197,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Wow, I'm jealous! It seems like I need to feel out paperwork for just about everything at DD's middle school. In a way it's nice, but does my 13 year old really need a permission slip to walk to a friends house after school?!
Not in this county. He might need permission to ride his friend's school bus, though.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:20 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,197,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post

ME: "Son, did you see the manatee that just swam right next to you?"
DS: "Oh cool! I thought it was just a shark!"

I hope everyone has a glorious day.
Back atcha!
I love watching the manatees. They congregate at the power stations in the winter because the water's so much warmer there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Right there with you - I have no idea either, but both DH and I thought yesterday was Friday for a bit?? Very disappointing! I'm kind of glad it's not just me - I'm getting tired of blaming everything on placenta brain!!
We used to call it PSS-- Placental Sucking Syndrome-- because it seems like the babies temporarily suck every brain cell from Mom's head.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post

We used to call it PSS-- Placental Sucking Syndrome-- because it seems like the babies temporarily suck every brain cell from Mom's head.
Ha! I love it! I keep saying I can't have a third because I don't think I would have enough brain power left over to feed myself!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:28 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Morning all! Glad it's Friday. DD will be home at some point in the next day or two - for not quite a week...It will be good to have her home for a bit....despite all the car shuffling that will have to be done to keep the HOA from sending nastygrams...oh well...it'll be worth it to have her home...

Zim - I think jkcoop is correct - I see a future marine biologist!

How are you feeling ewag?

I'd wave to you all but my waving arm is feeling a tad better and I don't want to start the whole thing over - Advil and the occasional ice pack along with the wave moratorium seems to be helping...

My brain is doing something lately but I can't blame any placenta...

Old 08-05-2011, 08:49 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
morning..... all..... must..... find..... coffeeeeee

Old 08-05-2011, 08:50 AM

Aconite - can't rep you any more than I already have, but you are cracking me up this morning with some of your thread responses!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Mine too but I think it's the opposite of that. More like pre menopausal.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

How are you feeling ewag?

I'd wave to you all but my waving arm is feeling a tad better and I don't want to start the whole thing over - Advil and the occasional ice pack along with the wave moratorium seems to be helping...

I'm feeling well, thanks for asking, mm!

Damn that pageant arm!!

I am a firm believer that the brain cells don't return post-pregnancy - I think they leave with the placenta and don't come back!! So let's blame the kiddos!

Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,587 times
It is hard to keep up with all of you. If you miss one day, you can't give all of the personal responses that you want to do, so here is my attempt (names are being withheld to protect the innocent... or is it because my pregnancy brain never went away and I am afraid I will mix up the names).

1. Hope all of the preggos out there are doing well and getting sleep. Some of the pregnancy brain leaves when the kid pops out, but then you are so tired that you can't notice.

2. I hope the pageant arm clears up soon. I feel for you. I understand how painful it is to be so well loved by the masses or "the commoners" as I call them in my daily life. It does get tiring trying to acknowledge them all. Tip: Make smaller movements when doing your pageant wave. It is far less tiring and you get fewer injuries. The way I recover from pageant arm is to have my minions start fanning me with palm fronds from the other side so that as I am lounging, my other arm is more available for waving.

3. Fo those of you leaving on trips, have fun. For those of you returning, welcome back.

4. Phineas & Ferb are great. I catch DH watching that also. I have also caught him watching iCarly alone though too.

5.Congrats to everyone who got the pre-schools they wanted, started Kindergarten, or hit any other milestone.

I am sure I am missing some things. Sorry if I am leaving anyone out. I also apologize that these are so general, but you people are crazy and impossible to keep up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.