Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2011, 12:18 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times

Advertisements

if I could have any hair I wanted, I'd pick princess Kate's. I love her hair!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:47 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
So this past Friday I had had it. I cut about 2 inches off and then I put the longest comb on the clippers and I lightly went through sections of my hair.

Turned out great! Feels so light now. I'm sure I looked hilarious doing it though.
This is exciting news! I have clippers! How did you use the clippers? Did you bend over or pull your hair in a certain direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I have fair-ish skin and blue eyes so darker hair would make my eyes really stand out.
I'd love to dare trying darker hair for the same reason. I have fair skin and green eyes. I think even a light brown would make my eyes stand out more.

I'm too afraid because my blonde hair growing in will look like I have totally grey roots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
So, my quandary is, can I try to color my own, knowing my stylist will be able to tell? Why do I even care what she thinks? (but I do).
Nope, you shouldn't care what she thinks! My mother was honest with her stylist. Since she had been a customer forever, the stylist created a formula for her to use from what's available at the stores. My mother taught me do her roots for her. I must have been 14 when I started doing her roots.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:49 PM

Happy updates:

Pesto problem solved! I took left over pesto I hadn't used from the fridge today and simmered it with chicken broth. It was delicious!

My labrador's head is looking great! We can tell he's so much happier without that icky thing on his head. He gets his stitches out this Friday.

TK countdown: 3 weeks!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:54 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
This is exciting news! I have clippers! How did you use the clippers? Did you bend over or pull your hair in a certain direction?
I just lightly went through sections. Bending over would probably have worked well.

Even with the longest comb on there though - be careful. Don't start at one point and go all the way down. It's disconcerting to have 7 inches sections come out in your hand..... do tests more towards the bottom is what I would suggest.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I just lightly went through sections. Bending over would probably have worked well.
I guess bending over will only work if we clip from under the hair near our face. If we do it from top when bent over, we'd be cutting layers on the wrong side of the hairstyle. Everything is backwards when bent over. When I did it with scissors, I only cut from what was on my face side because that's what I could see.

Quote:
Even with the longest comb on there though - be careful. Don't start at one point and go all the way down. It's disconcerting to have 7 inches sections come out in your hand..... do tests more towards the bottom is what I would suggest.
Yeah, that's scary. I'll wait until I can't stand it again!

Old 08-08-2011, 01:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Happy updates:

Pesto problem solved! I took left over pesto I hadn't used from the fridge today and simmered it with chicken broth. It was delicious!

My labrador's head is looking great! We can tell he's so much happier without that icky thing on his head. He gets his stitches out this Friday.

TK countdown: 3 weeks!
Good news. (I was thinking about your lab yesterday.)

Hola hermanas.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:16 PM

Check out this video on how to self-cut layers into long straight hair!

‪How to cut Layers‬‏ - YouTube

It was frightening to see how much she was taking off but her hair still looked long afterwards.

I might try this. Maybe the end result is a little too much layering though.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Good news. (I was thinking about your lab yesterday.)

Hola hermanas.
He's super happy. He's running around more. Just overall more perky for an old man. I'm happy for him!

Old 08-08-2011, 01:32 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Check out this video on how to self-cut layers into long straight hair!
Okay - I'm not that brave. The layers seemed to blunt for my liking as well. Although who am I to talk considering what I did Friday.

Funny part it, no one could tell I did anything. So I either did a really good job, or.... not sure what. I could probably stand in front of my DH with purple hair though and ask if he notices anything different and he'd say, "Should I?".

Old 08-08-2011, 02:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
hair is cut. Still in long layers. Nothing earth shattering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting