Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 06:57 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,515 times

Advertisements

Good morning, CDMWR!

After an interesting night involving DS falling asleep at 5 pm and then waking up at 10 to hang out for a few hours () we're getting ready for my first ever Parent-Teacher conference night! And tomorrow LSE has his orientation where he'll get to meet his teachers and some fellow students. I'm irrationally excited about this. Thus far, LSE seems super psyched about going to school, so here's hoping that keeps up.

Such a contrast to those CDMWR who have kiddos off at college. I know I'm going to blink and it'll be my turn for that next. Thanks to all of you for giving me some perspective on the rest of life.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:27 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Good morning, CDMWR!

After an interesting night involving DS falling asleep at 5 pm and then waking up at 10 to hang out for a few hours () we're getting ready for my first ever Parent-Teacher conference night! And tomorrow LSE has his orientation where he'll get to meet his teachers and some fellow students. I'm irrationally excited about this. Thus far, LSE seems super psyched about going to school, so here's hoping that keeps up.

Such a contrast to those CDMWR who have kiddos off at college. I know I'm going to blink and it'll be my turn for that next. Thanks to all of you for giving me some perspective on the rest of life.
Hey Ewag, all.

I'm right there with ya sister. We already had our orientation, and it's all very exciting. It just all seems so grown up, for the under 5 set. We're going to start on Wednesday, when do you start?

This is the first time since I've been here in the US that the Labor day holiday has meant anything other than Monday off for some people. The distinction between summer holiday and school year actually has a reason for being in our house - I don't know why that's suddenly thrilling, but it is.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hey Ewag, all.

I'm right there with ya sister. We already had our orientation, and it's all very exciting. It just all seems so grown up, for the under 5 set. We're going to start on Wednesday, when do you start?

This is the first time since I've been here in the US that the Labor day holiday has meant anything other than Monday off for some people. The distinction between summer holiday and school year actually has a reason for being in our house - I don't know why that's suddenly thrilling, but it is.
Exactly! We start on Tuesday - it does all seem very grown up, doesn't it?

Old 09-01-2011, 07:35 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Morning everyone.
I avoid all the 9/11 coverage by just not watching the tv or certain channels, luckily I'm pretty busy and don't have much time anyways.

Anyways, I'm getting ready for work right now, have to be there at 9.
And I have Fri-Mon off, which I am happy for this past 3 days is kicking my azz.

Now, to re-pry myself out of bed.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:36 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Good Morning All You Beautiful CDMWR!

How is everyone today? DS is back at school, although still a little poorly.

I just got the go-ahead from our new principal to implement the No Place For Hate campaign, and I am ecstatic! Woot!

Here's a question; does Marc Anthony not know he now goes from being Mr. J. Lo back to being that skinny, slightly creepy looking dude who sings cheesy Spanish ballads?

Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 AM

Here's the morning funny.

IKEA ad - Tidy up for your girlfriend - YouTube

Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post

I just got the go-ahead from our new principal to implement the No Place For Hate campaign, and I am ecstatic! Woot!
Yay, back at school!

And congrats on "No Place for Hate" - that's awesome news! Go, Zim, go!

Old 09-01-2011, 07:49 AM

Thanks Ewag!

I envy you and Fin with your preschoolers, that's such a magical age. They are like little sponges, eager to learn, and everything is fun for them. My kids loved preschool.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Morning everyone.
I avoid all the 9/11 coverage by just not watching the tv or certain channels, luckily I'm pretty busy and don't have much time anyways.

Anyways, I'm getting ready for work right now, have to be there at 9.
And I have Fri-Mon off, which I am happy for this past 3 days is kicking my azz.

Now, to re-pry myself out of bed.
I know I'll regret this but I'm in no mood today: seriously, do you think the rest of us twiddle our thumbs all day? Trust me, I do more before breakfast than you report doing in a week.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:03 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Good Morning All You Beautiful CDMWR!

Here's a question; does Marc Anthony not know he now goes from being Mr. J. Lo back to being that skinny, slightly creepy looking dude who sings cheesy Spanish ballads?
Zim - that's very exciting! And I'm glad DS is feeling well enough to at least go back. Hope that's the last of that for a while for you!

That video was hilarious. Couldn't figure out where it was going...

So morning all!

You all talking about the little ones and school makes me want to go watch the video of DS in Kindergarten when they have the Alphabet show and each child was a different letter. It was so cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting