Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 07:32 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times

Advertisements

Morning all!

Okay, word of the day is very weird:

hobson jobson
\HOB-suhn-JOB-suhn\ , noun;

The alteration of a word borrowed from a foreign language to accord more closely with the linguistic patterns of the borrowing language.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:42 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Hobson Jobson was growing tired of being Sarah Palin's chauffeur. "Drive me here, Hobson, drive me there" she would say in her bumpkin voice. The SUV was full of kids with funny names, and the pet moose kept wanting to stick it's head out the window. It was enough to profoundly irritate any professional driver.

When he saw the handsome and dashing fellow following them and waving like a madman yesterday afternoon, Hobson Jobson had an idea he might just jump in the car and join him in a new tomorrow.....

Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Hobson Jobson was growing tired of being Sarah Palin's chauffeur. "Drive me here, Hobson, drive me there" she would say in her bumpkin voice. The SUV was full of kids with funny names, and the pet moose kept wanting to stick it's head out the window. It was enough to profoundly irritate any professional driver.

When he saw the handsome and dashing fellow following them and waving like a madman yesterday afternoon, Hobson Jobson had an idea he might just jump in the car and join him in a new tomorrow.....Suddenly Hobson knew what he had to do. He pulled the car over to the side of the road honking the horn furiously to get the attention of the stud-muffin driving the car behind them. As he leapt out of the car he could hear that inimitable drone "Hobson, get your ass back in the car. We have chitlins to clean at home!". As he walked towards the car with a huge smile plastered on his face he couldn't believe who the driver was......

Old 08-23-2011, 08:17 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times

When he saw the handsome and dashing fellow following them and waving like a madman yesterday afternoon, Hobson Jobson had an idea he might just jump in the car and join him in a new tomorrow.....Suddenly Hobson knew what he had to do. He pulled the car over to the side of the road honking the horn furiously to get the attention of the stud-muffin driving the car behind them. As he leapt out of the car he could hear that inimitable drone "Hobson, get your ass back in the car. We have chitlins to clean at home!". As he walked towards the car with a huge smile plastered on his face he couldn't believe who the driver was......

Anderson Cooper, giggling girlishly and comparing hair styling tips with Fabio who was sitting in the passenger seat, long locks blowing gently in the wind. Hobson tried to marshal his powers of speech, overwhelmed by the fabulousness of the two men's coiffures, and finally managed to stammer "Hi, I'm Hobson - Hobson Jobson. May I join you? That dingbat and her kids are driving me insane! I could really use an appletini..."

Old 08-23-2011, 08:21 AM

Anderson Cooper, giggling girlishly and comparing hair styling tips with Fabio who was sitting in the passenger seat, long locks blowing gently in the wind. Hobson tried to marshal his powers of speech, overwhelmed by the fabulousness of the two men's coiffures, and finally managed to stammer "Hi, I'm Hobson - Hobson Jobson. May I join you? That dingbat and her kids are driving me insane! I could really use an appletini..."... Then he noticed the guy who'd been frantically waving - "MrDew! "MrDew!" Hobson cried in delight. "Why, your hair is marvelous! And your wife's appletinis are legendary! Can I come join you at home? I hear you have Johnny Depp under the sink. Is there room for one more?"....

Old 08-23-2011, 08:28 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times

Anderson Cooper, giggling girlishly and comparing hair styling tips with Fabio who was sitting in the passenger seat, long locks blowing gently in the wind. Hobson tried to marshal his powers of speech, overwhelmed by the fabulousness of the two men's coiffures, and finally managed to stammer "Hi, I'm Hobson - Hobson Jobson. May I join you? That dingbat and her kids are driving me insane! I could really use an appletini..."... Then he noticed the guy who'd been frantically waving - "MrDew! "MrDew!" Hobson cried in delight. "Why, your hair is marvelous! And your wife's appletinis are legendary! Can I come join you at home? I hear you have Johnny Depp under the sink. Is there room for one more?"....

To which, MrDew replied, "well, there actually isn't room for one more underneath the sink, we're tiring of Johnny under there and wish he'd come our and sit on the sofa like everyone else. He's pretty fond of the Jack we keep there though. Mrs. Dew does indeed make a spectacular appletini and you are all welcome to join us. If you don't mind though, I need to run in the house and do some quick Dysoning (I only recently learned how to use the crevice tool you see)....be back in a jiffy!"

Old 08-23-2011, 08:31 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
I don't know how you all come up with these so quick.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:32 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times

To which, MrDew replied, "well, there actually isn't room for one more underneath the sink, we're tiring of Johnny under there and wish he'd come our and sit on the sofa like everyone else. He's pretty fond of the Jack we keep there though. Mrs. Dew does indeed make a spectacular appletini and you are all welcome to join us. If you don't mind though, I need to run in the house and do some quick Dysoning (I only recently learned how to use the crevice tool you see)....be back in a jiffy!"

"Umm.....honey, what exactly are you doing?" said MrsDew fiercly protecting her haboobs from the offending crevice tool. "Sweetie, you wouldn't believe me even if I tried to explain, you're going to have to just trust me here". They were interrupted by a knock on the door.....

Old 08-23-2011, 08:39 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times

"Umm.....honey, what exactly are you doing?" said MrsDew fiercly protecting her haboobs from the offending crevice tool. "Sweetie, you wouldn't believe me even if I tried to explain, you're going to have to just trust me here". They were interrupted by a knock on the door.....

Hobson Jobson, Fabio, and Anderson Cooper charged into the Dews' house and rushed to the kitchen to try to extract Johnny Depp from under the sink...Fabio seemed to be having some luck in convincing Johnny that he was mussing his hair by residing under the sink, wedged up against the garbage disposal, cradling a bottle of Jack...

Old 08-23-2011, 08:41 AM

"Umm.....honey, what exactly are you doing?" said MrsDew fiercly protecting her haboobs from the offending crevice tool. "Sweetie, you wouldn't believe me even if I tried to explain, you're going to have to just trust me here". They were interrupted by a knock on the door.....Hobson Jobson, Fabio, and Anderson Cooper charged into the Dews' house and rushed to the kitchen to try to extract Johnny Depp from under the sink...Fabio seemed to be having some luck in convincing Johnny that he was mussing his hair by residing under the sink, wedged up against the garbage disposal, cradling a bottle of Jack... There was another knock. MrsDew rushed to open it. Her busom turned even whiter. "Jack!" she cried. "Jack Daniels! What in the lachrymose... I thought you were under the sink with JD..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting