Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 04:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times

Advertisements

I love GiggleDude. He's like some weird cross between a Muppet, a Hell's Angel and a Rorschach test with teeth.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:48 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
I had a fun day with hubby today! We took his truck to my friend's garage for inspection. It's on the other side of town but worth the trip to see my friend. On the way home, we got stuck in horrible traffic, which resulted in an impromptu date because I took a wrong turn and we ended up at the Mt Washington overlook where there are stunning views of the city. Then we went into an old library across the street to check my email. (Our library system is county wide.) It was an amazing old building, like stepping back into the 1800s. After a long late lunch and window shopping stroll, we came home and took a "nap." Who would have guessed that getting lost could be so fun!

Old 08-24-2011, 04:48 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I love GiggleDude. He's like some weird cross between a Muppet, a Hell's Angel and a Rorschach test with teeth.
Yes, Zim is a genius at finding these things. Of course, now I've figured out how to add SFX to emoticons, you'd better watch out. Who needs to make records? I think I've found my new calling.

I'll try and not wear him out. Tempting, though!

Old 08-24-2011, 04:52 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I had a fun day with hubby today! We took his truck to my friend's garage for inspection. It's on the other side of town but worth the trip to see my friend. On the way home, we got stuck in horrible traffic, which resulted in an impromptu date because I took a wrong turn and we ended up at the Mt Washington overlook where there are stunning views of the city. Then we went into an old library across the street to check my email. (Our library system is county wide.) It was an amazing old building, like stepping back into the 1800s. After a long late lunch and window shopping stroll, we came home and took a "nap." Who would have guessed that getting lost could be so fun!
Good for you Hopes! I like my fun days with DH too. I got a couple of messages from brothers asking if we felt the earthquake here. I told them we did, but I gave DH the credit.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:53 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yes, Zim is a genius at finding these things. Of course, now I've figured out how to add SFX to emoticons, you'd better watch out. Who needs to make records? I think I've found my new calling.

I'll try and not wear him out. Tempting, though!
You are just having waaay too much fun over there today!

Old 08-24-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Eldest (he of the wedding-from-hell) texted to ask why I never inquire about his wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I'll admit - the bolded above is an odd question for him to ask. Hopefully it will get better once she matures.
It is strange. Sounds like his wife nags him about Mattie. You'd think they'd have plenty of other topics to fight about that Mattie would get lost in the shuffle.

Mattie, my parents hated my boyfriends and my first husband. I knew how they felt. And I accepted that. I would have never badgered them with such pathetic questions. I was pleased enough with the fact they were polite and civil to the men in my life. That was good enough. (They never met my current husband. Such a shame because they would have loved him.)

The next time DS says something like that, invite them for the weekend. That will shut him up! ('cause you know there's no way she'll come for a visit!)

That's THE BEST way to turn the tables! Think about it!

Mattie DS: Why don't you ever ask about wife?

Mattie: Oh honey, how is she? I'd love for you both to come for a visit. How about this weekend?

Trust me, he'll stop asking you those silly questions if you invite them to visit every single time he does it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
On a note about kids.... this is going to be a tough year. I was just going through pictures of DS as a little one, trying to pick what we will send in to the yearbook for the salute ads.

I found one in particular that perfectly fits what it is that he wants to do - Aerospace Engineering. It's him at about 5 at a museum wearing a astronauts helmet.

I'm already losing it ladies. Tearing up, getting all emotional. I should be starting my "it that shall not be named" today - so that must be it. geez. If I'm losing it now I don't want to think about next May.
OMGoodness! I can totally relate! Now that the kids are older, I can't go through old pictures and memorabilia without losing it. When I was cleaning out the attic, I was losing it constantly. Hubby came up with the idea of filling a huge box with the things I absolutely couldn't toss out. We marked the outside "Do Not Open" as a warning to me. Someday I'll purposely seek out that box, but at least I'll be prepared with a bottle of wine and a box of tissues!

Old 08-24-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Good for you Hopes! I like my fun days with DH too. I got a couple of messages from brothers asking if we felt the earthquake here. I told them we did, but I gave DH the credit.
That's too funny! I caught your little "I could use a quake joke" the other day. Cute!

Old 08-24-2011, 05:11 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,954 times
Quote:
Hee!

BTW, DS LOVES giggle dude! He just saw him and keeps asking me to replay the giggle!

Old 08-24-2011, 05:18 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,199,076 times
Quote:
I kinda thought he looked like a blind date I had once. Though the giggle gives him a definite edge over Date Guy.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:25 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
We are off to Back to School night. I have an interesting story from the first one - when DS was a Freshman.

The school is a bit out in the country. We were on a one lane road, stopped at a stop light, getting ready to turn right. We were one car back from the light. There was a left turn lane as well.

DH sees a truck coming from the other direction. At a high rate of speed. He doesn't think it's going to stop, then sees police lights behind it. He just reacts - pulls over onto the shoulder and drives up slightly....

just as the truck ran the red light going way over 100 mph - a BMW coming the other direction (that had the green) never saw him - smashed into him. Truck goes airborne. Lands on the vehicle next to us in the left turn lane, flies down, skids upside quite a ways down the road. Driver GETS OUT and runs - zillion cop cars pull up, stop, guns pointed! Flight for life had to come for the people in the car (with a baby).

Needless to say - we did not make it to Back to School Night....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting